Those who just want the Lore to be respected

It’s not perfect, but the responsibility ultimately falls on blizzard to smooth/fast talk their way through this.

C’mon guys, respect the lore of the giant egg we’re living on before it wakes up n has a shower, killing us all in the process even though we could get saved by intergalactic space ships that allow us to have a safe haven to acquire more swords as we go back n forth trough time fighting “gods” that are only angry 'cause the need new batteries.<3

#lore

Hey, just because it’s a wreck doesn’t mean you can’t push for it to be better.

Idk how theres any coming back from a weird scifi / medieval mashup.

If I ever lose the ability to ignore gross lore I’ll swap to another game lol.
:shield::alien: :robot:

Why is everyone assuming there won’t be a lore quest line to justify the additional races getting warlocks added?

Don’t forget: They’re not giving story spoilers anymore on the PTR…

The only time I remember a class unlock was every race getting Hunters and that didn’t really require any new lore as a justification.

Other than that, anytime there’s been additions like NElves getting Mages, the dark Night Warrior eyes for NElves, the San’layn red eyes for (most) Elves and the Dark Ranger wardrobe set, there’s always been lore added to justify the change.

Of course I’m sleep-deprived, so I may be forgetting something, in which case help a girl out please and remind me.

Goblin / Worgen monks.
Moo mages.
Moo priest
:beverage_box::dracthyr_comfy_sip:

You haven’t been civil, but constantly attacking everyone in every thread, including towards myself. Want me to start linking the post to really show the forums the truth?

1 Like

Shadowlands was what 2 decades in the games story?

Sounds like enough time to study warlock spells to me.

oh i am so preoccupied with being able to make a mechagnome, this lore debate is not as interesting. just look at this mechagnome mog

WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE

Even tho I can agree with the subject that lore matters and wanting more explanation on why previous race lore is now just disregarded, I do find it funny coming from this particular OP.

Since in every other topic the only “rebuttal” is to be belittling or condescending, not what I would call civil.

1 Like

Yea but not your version of them. That is pure and total retcon. VEs such as yourself never did exist in lore before just recently. Blizzard simply refuses to give us High Elves for some reason so we are stuck with trying to make our own custom elves the look like them, but are not. Your version of the VE does not exist in actual cannon lore. That is pure uncreative retcon.

if any of this were true then they would not combat girls being sexy in the game as it was very much apart of lore.

That’s been my read on it just from looking at the forums off and on lately.

I think giving warlocks to some of the listed races was fine. Some were more iffy - like normal draenei, but having no eredar customization added so that it makes at least some sense for a race that was constantly on the run from the Legion to… y’know. Pick up fel magic just randomly. Especially only a few years after the last invasion. But I could see it for most.

Mag’har orcs are redundant. That’s literally what green orcs are, and why they were warlocks while Mag’har were not.

Lightforged Draenei is nonsensical and even if they’d actually tried - which they didn’t - to make it make some sense from a story or lore perspective… it still would be the most nonsensical unlock to exist outside of Mechagnome druids or Blood Elf druids.

I love the warlock class. Demolock is what got me into WoW’s gameplay when I first started, because of how good it felt as a class. But warlocks being locked from some races was perfectly fine when it made lore sense.

I’m usually the first to jump down a dev’s throat about race/gender/class locking… but most of the time, it’s done because it’s a garbage bin Korean cash grab MMO. Not done due to actual lore reasons. I’m much more forgiving and even accepting if there is valid lore to support locks, because lore is the backbone of any good RPG - and also why I left my last one of 10 years, because they started spitting on the lore and story for the sake of pandering to rabid fans who wanted to woobify everything and everyone.

I worry of WoW eventually going down that route too much, to the point I can’t just ignore it the way I do the entirety of the Shadowlands story. It’s not there yet for me, because the actual world backbone is still relatively intact - if severely bent and warped in some places. But this is a slippery slope on top of the massive blow the game’s lore took with SL.

So while I’m not throwing a fit about it, I am asking for the decision to be reversed or reconsidered - and I am voicing my displeasure at the decision, as is my right as a paying customer for a product that is making decisions I am dissatisfied with.

On a side note - I find it really weird and morbidly amusing how so many people screaming about how the lore doesn’t matter and no one cares and everyone wants these unlocks, oftentimes cite that Evoker won’t ever be unlocked due to it being heavily dragon-themed.

… Like. By y’all’s logic, that shouldn’t matter. Why is Evoker so special and sacred, but every other lore-locked class isn’t? :dracthyr_crylaugh:

9 Likes

They don’t care about story which the game is based on, they just want it “just plug it in” with no explanation or sense of things.

I’ll be for warlock pandaren if Nomi was a dreadlord and created followers, panderen warlocks is an example of a plugged in class “because” with no lore behind it.

For light forged draenei wouldn’t they explode light energy + fel?

Mag’har are untainted so they make no sense either.

7 Likes

You sound angry. Might need to consider taking some medication to help you curb all that uncontrolled anger within you.

Seeking treatment isn’t a weakness.

i just have a hard time imagining sentient beings essentially refusing to learn anything else or even be curious. everything has variation. also, i’m not sold on the idea that intermittent use of small amounts of fel will turn an orc green or a draenei red. they arent ingesting it. and it isnt constantly radiating from enormous fel crystals. is there a precedent in lore that all locks turn green or red if from those two races or does it require ingesting it?

1 Like

What? No you haven’t. Shouting ‘they turned completely evil’ makes absolutely zero sense since the current Warlock races are not ‘evil’.

Becoming a Warlock is not ‘turning evil’. What you do as a Warlock determines if you’re evil or not.

They’re the same race.

The Draenei fled because Kil’jaden and Archimonde tried wiping them out along with Velen. Now that the threat is gone, there’s nothing really stopping Draenei from practicing Fel magic.

You’re reading things between the lines that aren’t there.

3 Likes

The main issue with races being able to be any class, is not a lore restriction. Is just the community being super trolly and toxic. And blizzard not writing a compelling paragraph to why they are now possible, you could even write a short story on the main wow site and be done with it.

Some quick suggestions on why lightforge can be warlocks or any fel weilding class.

• They are new recruits from the survivors or defectors from the burning legion in argus.
  • They are part of the army of the light and were always there with light bound demons.
  • A new way of the light exercising control over demons (the naaruu some times are crazy / zealots)

I may not agree with every lore bit in the game, but room can always be made (if properly) for new customizations and tropes in lore.

Want Undead Paladins ? why not ? a connection so strong with the light, that even in undeath it persists!. We already got plenty of in game examples for this, and even if we didn’t a could give you ideas.

• We got the Venthyr, arguably dead beings that can wield the light
  • They could force it to their will like the Blood Knights did
  • We got Undead Crusaders casting holy spells all over ice crown
  • Sally Whitemane, a current Horsemen still wields the light and cast light spells… even if she is listed as a death knight (which is just a title) can still be wielding light
  • Arch Bishop Alonsus, still wields the light… and paladins are basically a light warrior
  • The argent brotherhood has undead on their ranks, and i believe that by now some of them must have been able to wield the light as a “paladin”.

Class name and restrictions should not apply entirely to lore. and above else should not limit it.

Again just ideas and please Blizz write more compelling paragraph or short stories backing up this changes, just for the lore fans at least and for respect to the lore that made this game unique in the first place, the WARCRAFT lore!

I mean, Thrall was born green despite his parents not drinking the blood or using Fel. Just being near it caused that. Which is why Durotar distanced himself from the Horde and forbade Fel use or Warlocks in the Frostwolves. As he realized those were the causes of the changes in the Orcs.

then maghar should be turning green from proximity to horde locks. either its radiating from huge fel crystals or they’re ingesting it.