Those who complain about the 500 mount

Yes it is. Awake the Drakes.

The article on Wowhead listed the otters that are available to collect and one of them is an unarmored version of the 500.

Is not a mount count achieve. It’s an achieve to get certain drakes. It is not a “collect this many number of any mounts” achieve. It is not part of that series of achieves v

Still not set it stone yet. Things may change.

Ehhh I think we’re splitting hairs since you have to collect drakes to get the Emerald Drake but fine, it’s not a “count” achievement.

I seriously doubt they’re going to replace the tuskkar rep mounts with something different. The NPCs are riding them.

I’m speaking solely of the series of achieves, not a solo one that has nothing to do with it.

Eh, things might change. We never know. Or maybe the colors or armor will.

I think asking for that change would be a good way to go.

Like I just said in another thread on this topic: I would be fine with the yeti and otter as collection achievements if they would make them 450 and 550 but I think 500, which is a milestone achievement like getting 9000 achievement points or 100,000 hks, should be something special.

Blizzard created a Community Council, it’s time to used it instead of ignoring it.

Worldpvp did a post once we got the Yeti “placeholder” as called by Devs, however Devs didn’t take the time to check with the playerbase and just changed the reward from 1 Alpha build to another.

We don’t know the final result yet but since a lot of players always check wowhead and players doing testing, there’s speculation that all the other Otters mounts will be in game (lets be real WoW playerbase loves cute mounts, it’s impossible that Devs will set up this mount for a big achievement as the only available color).

Devs should check with the community council or other players on the topic , Devs had provided just recolors for the previous mount achievements, but now that they’re listening to the playerbase that could be change or at least brought that reward discussion to the table.

3 Likes

It’s not even a little special. It’s a generic recolor that’s indistinguishable from the other colors we’ll all get off the rep vendor.

First - dear god, I sure hope this isn’t a “new norm.” You don’t punish your players for achieving even further.

Second - mount collecting is already plenty accessible. It’s primarily farmed, time investment content. Anyone can do it, and that’s as accessible as it gets. Very few mounts are locked behind any sort of skill barrier, or such, and almost all of them become more accessible over time.

Third - unobtainable mounts have next to no impact on these collection achievements, at least not in a prohibitive sense. There are roughly 70 removed/unobtainable mounts at present, but there are also ~880 that are still obtainable. Those removed mounts aren’t hurting anyone’s chances of getting to 500, 600, or even 800.

3 Likes

Rough breakdown:

Number of mounts in the game, both available and retired: 811

Number retired mounts: 84. That includes Gladiator, KSM, AOTC, etc.

Number of store and TCG mounts: 55

So someone can roughly get 672 mounts without spending a dime or worrying about removed mounts. We should have got achievements for 450, 550 and 600.

4 Likes

I see a lot of rep mounts your missing and reps too…there are tons of mounts with reps though each expansion…that is how I started back in TBC rep farming to get the mounts for each rep…

Right Jibbles you went out and worked the reps…the quests…the dungeons …the raids …that’s what it takes to get the mounts…work spending the time to do it.

1 Like

DataforAzeroth lists 882 total available mounts, and 74 additional mounts that are currently unavailable. Is that not accurate?

Well there is one player on EU that has 912 mounts …I just can’t find a right page yet that has the right count…many mounts have been taken out of the game for good like the Glad mounts …some have been retired and moved too the BMAH…this player is listed with the most right now… Wurzelstange ❮is auch dabei❯ EU-Eredar 912

Hmm they might be combining Alliance and Horde duplicates.

I mean not combining them so they count twice. Bleh.

I don’t see that as a bad thing at all. If anything, it is motivation to get the mounts required. Just because someone likes something shouldn’t mean it will be easy to get.

Aside from that, the mount achievement mounts aren’t all that great but the new one looks nice.

The Armory doesn’t count mounts the way they should be counted. For example, it will count all your Horde mounts on your Alliance character.

You have to subtract about 40 or 50 from your Armory to get a semi accurate number.

I do play horde for mounts and pets I can use on my Alliance side …never really brought any of the Horde mounts…but I do know like the Traveling Mammoth has two different looks one for each side and now it counts as 2 I think…same with a ally mount that counts for horde but looks different like the spectral ones…up till coming of the fox looking race I only had two druids and never had to buy mounts for them as they had their own travel forms.

PS- I always used my Pally to roll over mount count like if I was at 299 on my hunter then I log into my Pally and it would roll too 300 cause my Pally has one mount only a Pally can use the mount from the Tournament grounds, the Argent Charger.

I’m fine with the Otter.

Both iterations look like trash.

lmao.

Well there will be plenty of otters you can get in dragon flight. It won’t turn out to be anything special.

That makes no sense. It should serve as an incentive for that new player to start collecting. Otherwise, you might as well give new players all the mounts and achievements as soon as they log in the first time.

1 Like