Those Fae Dragons

New Fae Drake 2023:

Old Fae Drake 2013:

Am I the only one that thinks the older version was better and not just a re-skinnned Highland Drake?

The tail isn’t even curled, like normal faerie dragons, on the new one.

22 Likes

I kinda like the “butterfly” thing they got going on with the antennae and the wings.
although i do hope they bring the “Rave chameleon” into the DF fold as a DF mount.

3 Likes

I’m weird i guess i like the top.

2 Likes

Bunny dragon

I’m a fan of the old version. The new one just seems like a green pig with wings.

4 Likes

The new ones aren’t fae dragons lorewise.

1 Like

I thought they already said it was.

2 Likes

Perhaps, Im terrible at keeping up with the latest in the game.
"Im just here to hit things with my ʻowtchie stickʻ "

1 Like

The old ones are also unrelated to faerie dragons, they’re just weird flying Draenic chameleons that happen to look kinda similar.

1 Like

Hmm. Feels like a salamander rather than a chameleon and if they do want to give chameleons horns-- chameleons do have horns. :robot::thought_balloon:

https://www.thesprucepets.com/thmb/DmUYyTrFQkA7qLI3WGBHyhT17fs=/2118x0/filters:no_upscale():strip_icc()/490214-001-56a2bce25f9b58b7d0cdf7d3.jpg

The old mount looks better to me, but the model they’re using for the beast model fae dragons is much better than the old update. They look much more like geckos :blue_heart:

The original is more a chameleon than a true fae dragon I reckon. If they wanted to include a true Faerie Dragon flying mount, it should look like this:

12 Likes

Some datamining on customizations available - https://www.wowhead.com/news/flourishing-whimsydrake-dragonriding-mount-preview-of-customization-options-334959

If you don’t care about spoilers.

1 Like

Nope! The old ones look better.

1 Like

The new one looks very ‘off’.
Very out of proportion, Too bulky for the fae aesthetics.
Should’ve worked something onto the slytherdrake skeleton because this lump of ug is never getting mounted.

edit: just saw the new colors on wowhead, wearing a helm makes it look ok. but still too derpy to look at imho

3 Likes

The creatures of Draenor are called Fey Dragons while the creatures of Azeroth are called Faerie Dragons and the new Dragonriding Mounts are called Whimsydragons.

Fey Dragons, Faerie Dragons and Whimsydragons all have the same wing type though each has their own differences.

3 Likes

I like both

2 Likes

I agree, it is clearly superior.

I think you’ve summed up the feeling that something was off with these. I don’t really care for either but yeah the old one looks far more like they committed to it. In general the pre-Dragonflight mounts just look more savage and preferable imo, unfortunately with lower graphics.

1 Like

WHY WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!

Now I can’t unsee it. T____T