Those asking for high elves:

Well tauren were on the brink of extinction as were darkspear trolls and gnomes.

Draenei came to azeroth on the exodar as canonically numbering around 300. Yes. 300. three hundred.

and void elves can’t be more then a few dozen and that is if we are generous and pretend the floating rock was at full capacity at the time of their creation.

1 Like

they did. we have historical data. the faction split was roughly 70/30 in favor of the alliance.

We have dev quotes is they did a survey in asia and the results said they wanted a non monstrous looking race thus blood elves were made for the horde in BC.

As for why it is like that in classic keep in mind this is 15 years later. It isn’t the same people with the same mindset playing today as they did back then. remember WoW originally launched around the time of the lord of the rings trilogy. People wanted to play out their fantasies.

survey in Asia

Oh, so they ruined the entire Horde’s faction identity because a few Asians wanted to play as a pretty race. Is this supposed to make me feel less cynical?

Just because Asia might not have functioning faction balance doesnt mean it should have affected the rest of us who did.

2 Likes

^

We did not need another high elf thread…

This is mostly spam…

5 Likes

I don’t think you know what spam is, friend.

1 Like

I don’t think you know what Thread Duplication or spam is?

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Now, considering there is still one active topic about High Elves that is still open, this thread falls in that catorgory.

I know the megathread is closed again, but seriously, this one is still open, and we didn’t need another thread about the same topic. Considering it is also “spamming” the forums.

The topic is different - it is asking about how they could have come about given their relevance to the story. It makes no comment on OP’s opinion on helves.

So calm your Orcs.

As to the topic, I don’t agree that they should have replaced the Gnomes. They’re a bit more original than the many troll-derivative races in the game. Plus given that Alliance has the model I think that an alteration of skin colour rather than a new race would be better.

1 Like

How is a discussion about High Elves be any different than every other topic about High Elves?

2 Likes

OP is not asking for implementation.

It’s not like every question about any race is in a single thread.

Dude, it is a thread talking about High Elves. It still falls under the same catorgory as every other High Elf thread.

The playerbase of Classic today has no direct relation to the playerbase of Classic 15 years ago.

This is true. The High Elven community has a long history of wanting to break rules, while instantly putting down anyone that would dare do the same (but only if they disagree with them).

No. its a high elven thread. It belongs in the high elven master thread, whichever is current.

Most high elven threads aren’t based on implementation as the primary conversation piece. They offer a variety of topics, all pertaining to high elves.

You aren’t even allowed to create a “we don’t want high elves, lets have another AR instead” thread, as that was labeled as spam by the moderation team and anti-helfers were referred to the helf megathread.

3 Likes

Can we stop spamming the forums with these stupid threads? Post in the one meant to contain this disease.

3 Likes

The ideal situation would’ve been helves instead of nelves. Nelves never should have joined a faction. They were powerful enough to be their own faction. If the helves had been added to the Alliance instead of the nelves, the nelves might never have had their fangs pulled to be turned into purple helves in the first place. We might’ve still had our fierce sentinels that Grom Hellscream himself described as the perfect warriors.

I’d miss nelves on the Alliance, of course, but it probably would’ve been better for them in the long run if they ended up neutral like the Pandaren. Wouldn’t have had to of shared their Druid lore with another race that way.

That having been said, if it’s a choice between helves and gnomes… I’d have picked helves. I love my gnome friends, but I think they could’ve been added in BC as an Alliance race alongside the Goblins to the Horde, and the Gnomes would’ve had an infinitely better story as a result. Or at least, I’d hope as much.

3 Likes

Not really since it’s a different take. Plus everyone keeps flagging the mega thread, gets locked daily at this time. Sad people that disagree just flag and abuse the system like that.

3 Likes

High elves should have been in the Alliance and Night elves should have been in the Horde, with the Forsaken not being a playable race (maybe added as an Allied Race down the line, if necessary). Horde- Nature/elements vs Alliance- Civilization/technology.

Consider it all… it’d make sense.

• Gnomes get no lore beyond history. Current plot relevance is nothing more than macguffin devices and comedic relief.
  • Gnomes are typically the butt of jokes. Rarely ever doing anything impressive or unique. Just a foil for their goblin rivals at times.
  • Gnome Characters in lore are background noise. Even Mekketorque cannot grow a character beyond Gnomeregan. When he does… he’s frozen in a device and thrown aside without even us figuring out how to help him.

The High Elves would’ve gotten so much love. They’ve got constant involvement in Warcraft lore. Dalaran, Quel’thalas, so many patches that include them active in Alliance war efforts. They could’ve mimicked the Horde’s three shamans to Alliance’s three paladins. While still having access to the magic classes to boot.

So much lost potential… so much wasted material. On a race that doesn’t do much nor isn’t even given much love by Blizzard to be even considered a threat by the Horde.

3 Likes

Who is “everyone?”

I flagged this thread due to it is another thread talking about High Elves, since it falls under thread duplication. And you’re going to call that “falsely flagging?”

This is what everyone has been saying, but yet, it is a thread about the same topic.

2 Likes

Well you got me there, I’m rank 1 on the dang forums and can’t post links if I wanted to. So there you go, you win based on a technicality rofl.

I would have preferred TBC to have High Elves for the Alliance and rebel Man’ari eredar for the Horde. No need to lose gnomes at all!

1 Like

High elves were added in BC

I don’t understand why people have so much trouble with this.

3 Likes