Thomas Bates's Duskwood Thread

I’d love to meet your character! When I’m available I usually ping this thread, and I’m also in the WCP Discord if you need to get ahold of me.

1 Like

The ghost is: in!

I haven’t done a Haunted Mansion fact in a while, so here goes. Did you know there was a special limited subscription to a game called the “Ghost Post” that took guests on an adventure to uncover a mystery at the Disneyland park about the Haunted Mansion? The people that were able to complete the puzzle were awarded a personalized changing portrait of themselves, spooky!

1 Like

While the living are away, the ghosts will play.

2 Likes

When hinges creak in doorless chambers, whenever strange and frightening sounds echo throughout the halls…

It’s D&D night for the ghost, don’t get into too much trouble while Duskwood’s babysitter is away! While I’m not here feel free to say hello to the rest of Duskwood’s regulars who will be in tonight, tell them Thomas sent you.

Yes, you too Horde. Cross-faction is here, no more excuses!

1 Like

I need no excuses to come terrorize all of you.

And we’ll make sure to leave plenty of trash this time upon our departure!

:purple_heart:

1 Like

It’s been a long week and I want to relax with some Duskwood rp.

Duskwood has always been my favourite Alliance zone, it has mad Scooby-Doo vibes, and I love it.

If Blizzard ever hires competent writers my dream is that they revisit this zone and do something cool with it. I could see a vampire theme happening, the ghosts and zombies are gone, Morladim is finally laid to rest, and the Watch is investigating a string of drained corpses among the immgriants repopulating the town (for some insane reason).
The werewolves could be enthralled to the vampire, and there’s several ghouls trying to keep the Watch from finding out about vampires in their midst.

2 Likes

Oh no! I’d have to retire poor Thomas if all the ghosts got purged from Duskwood. I do however agree that Duskwood is in dire need of a zone update, a lot of stuff has happened! As of Shadowlands Duskwood canonically:

• Lost most of the Night Watch, their Mayor, and all the NPCs in the tavern in the Darkshire massacre in Legion, with Watcher Ladimore now being the new commander of the Night Watch

• Morbent Fel is either dead or in hiding, and the Torch of Holy Flame is keeping the undead of Raven Hill pacified

• Has a new type of Elune blessed flower growing in the hillside AND a new wolf pack where the ghouls around Mistmantle Manor used to be

• The Embalmer/ Abercrombie is also in hiding, who knows what his newest schemes could be?

There’s a lot that could be updated and expanded upon not only in Duskwood but across the old world. Cataclysm updates aren’t new anymore, it’s time for some updated towns and quests!

4 Likes

I guess the friendly ghosts could still be around, and the malignant ones were exorcised or something. Can’t have a scooby-doo town without ghosts.

1 Like

Riding the roads of Duskwood in eternal vigil.

It’s hard to tell when night begins and end in Duskwood. One surefire way to know is if you spot a ghostly rider on the eternal patrol.

1 Like

flies by

throws trash into streets of Darkshire

Lovi you Thomas!

1 Like

quick quesh,

if some Dark Lord wanted to be nosey about the going ons in Duskwood…whens a good time to send a few henchmen?

2 Likes

A good question! I personally get ready to rp at around 7:30 pm server time, though other friends might be around Darkshire and the like before I am. Now that cross faction is a thing it’ll be much easier to hook up for shenanigans!

2 Likes

As one of said “henchmen”, I am excited to start looking for you!

3 Likes

Rain or lack-of shine, he rides the ghost equine.

2 Likes

The ghost is: at a concert tonight? Unheard of! Come back tomorrow for more haunted happenings!

1 Like

It’s tomorrow! So the ghost is: in!

2 Likes

The ghost is: in! Riding a dark and stormy night in Duskwood…