This will be abused (automated punishment)

They tried that on Moon Guard a couple of years back, if failed badly.

1 Like

This is the result of giving players the ability to mob mute people because the company is too cheap.

How are they going to handle it if they don’t have employees to handle tickets? Remember why they added this feature.

“Being knocked offline is a limitation with the current client, Blizzard has said it’s something they want to fix, but it’s not high priority. it’s a bug.”

How long has this been a bug for? Lol. Over a year? The mute still greatly affects your ability to play Vanilla. Vanilla isn’t a single player game like BFA, its a social multiplayer game.

7 Likes

Didn’t you people claim Private Severs did more with less people?

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

1 Like

it’s been a bug for a long time now, Like I said Blizzard said it’s not a high priority.

“A bug that lets players mob disconnect you isn’t high priority”
HAHAHAHAHAH. Thank god you arn’t in charge of PR for Blizzard.

4 Likes

It couldn’t be a technical challenge for them to monitor for specific words in Chat and flag it for review.

Automation might be a little trickier. If someone is using a lot of offensive slurs (you know which ones I mean) in quick succession they probably need a little break. Disconnect them and give them a 24 hour ban.

However, I can see a slippery slope on something like this where someday in the future saying “MAGA” gets you a 3 day ban.

Hire some GMs Blizzard

If you get a 3 days ban, it’s because a GM felt it was necessary and they have to manually flag the account.

1 Like

lol people still defend auto squelch to this day.

what a sad world we live in.

7 Likes

It’s a mute, and the mute is not handled by GMs.

Did anything happen to the dude that was running around with 50+ accounts reporting people?

I hope not. Thats hilarious. Blizzard’s stupid system is backfiring on them.

1 Like

There is NO right click Ban…just a squelch.

I know that abusing systems like this damages the community and hurts the player base but when people like you literally stare in the face of evidence and dismiss it… it makes me hope you are the first people to get a 24 ban from right click reporting.

You are the type of person who can’t put yourself into some one else shoes. if it doesn’t happen to you it won’t be a problem.

Did anything happen to the dude that was running around with 50+ accounts reporting people?

Yeah I know his personally. Some of his accounts got banned but like I said they are just throw away accounts. He told me that he uses a VPN when multi-boxing and doing general exploits or things like that. When he finishes he turns off the VPN and logs onto his main account like nothing ever happened. There’s no way to punish him.

2 Likes

The sad truth is he just likes to feel the rush of power he gets from reporting people and getting then In trouble. That’s why they refuse to just /ignore and not see it. He needs to know he has the power to control others by getting them squelched.

Then maybe you should report him to Blizzard yourself with all the information you have. Just a thought.

3 Likes

If you’re talking about my personal “friend” with the multiple accounts why would I report him? It’s not my fault Blizzard made a system that can be abused and I don’t care much for retail so it doesn’t bother me.

Also, even if I did report him there’s no evidence I have. I can’t just be like “it’s him trust me he told me.” There’s noting Blizzard can do to punish him, it’s just a loop hole that can be exploited if you have the monkey and knowledge.

Why am I not surprised?

You see, your whole “Nothing would get done about it” attitude is entirely why Trade Chat on every realm is a damn cesspool.

3 Likes

The person who was doing that needs a permaban.

Agreed :beer: