This... wasn't very fun

Does this become hard or engaging at higher levels? Kinda bored out of my mind right now with the lackluster combat.

12 Likes

Were you expecting an ARPG?

70 Likes

Those 15 levels usually are to most boring… or at least the most uneventful.

10 Likes

Thats how i feel about bfa lmao

137 Likes

If you are playing a pally…you’ll be playing like that til level 60

24 Likes

The game starts to become fun when you hit the deadmines / wailing caverns Imo.

8 Likes

Depending on your class? Yes. Its how progression should actually work. You start as a pleb, and end up as something better.

46 Likes

20-25+ becomes quite hard for certain classes. Elite quests are popping up, patrols and stuff. And then 30+ wpvp kicks in and rogues kill u under mobs

4 Likes

If you approach it with the mindset of modern WoW and just want to rush to 60, I think it’ll be boring. If you also expect the game to be as flashy and faceroll as modern WoW you’ll have the same experience.

Vanilla WoW is an actual RPG, and the mechanics reflect that. To each their own - but 1-15 is definitely the slowest part and that’s kind of how it’s supposed to work. For melee even to 30 can be considered a slog.

37 Likes

Well the combat system is 15 years old sooo…yeah except a lot of auto attacking.

6 Likes

Gotta level faster than the crowd. I was VERY pleased with how many people I left behind in the starter zone, and if I didnt need to run out and do some errands, I would have cruised through the 2nd zone into the 3rd stage (12-15).

1 Like

Classic’s combat is pretty dated. If it isn’t grabbing you now it is unlikely to change.

13 Likes

The first 20 levels are basic introduction to the class. While not as bad as FFXIV 1-10, Classic wow was nothing to be excited about while leveling. Why i liked the BE zone a bit more as it was slightly more involved.

1 Like

I prefer classic combat.

Waiting between casts to maximize mana regen while trying to minimize TTK by using bursts of casting is fun.

17 Likes

You’ve come to the wrong place OP.

The classic crowd will merely call you a wrath baby for not finding boredom fun.

21 Likes

Nope haha. But that is the beauty of it.

3 Likes

I played through it up to and including Cata. I also started leveling from nothing in Retail just so I could post here, and its not like BFA leveling is anything to write home about.

Its simply a reality of starting from nothing. Thats how the older MMORPG’s are. Its just life.

You can see and feel real progression, because you start at 0, and earn everything.

Its not like starting in TBC.
Its not like starting in Wrath, especially as a ‘Heroic’ Class.
Its not like starting in Cata.

You are a pleb. Grow, or fail and ‘die’ by quitting.

25 Likes

Is there anything to really do once my levelling is done? The raids look terribly easy and PvP seems very shallow.

WoW Classic isn’t hard in terms of difficulty at least in the leveling sense. It’s time consuming. Your character is weaker in terms of exhaustion/durability such as rapid mana loss.

3 Likes

What is this i dont even… Are you confusing wrath and cata? Finding boredom fun? Does anyone find boredom fun? So confused…

2 Likes