This transfer is not currently available for your characters faction

Listen friend, I’m definitely no Blizzard white knight. I have a very cynical and love/hate relationship with them and their games. I enjoy most of their franchises and play them frequently because they’re more what I’m looking for than what other studios are providing and I really like the lore/concepts… but I’m also frequently ticked off at Blizzard’s perpetual failures of design and execution at multitudes of levels.

That being said… this particular case, while Blizzard probably could’ve been more clear about the conditions AND could’ve even done the faction-specific restrictions much earlier, is entirely within the realm of “you should’ve expected this” and “you had ample opportunities prior to do this and you waited to the last minute still” for players. So, sorry I’m not really feeling sympathetic.

So glad I’m on the rp server.

1 Like

It works on retail, but harder emotionally to do on classic. There are a lot of long drawn quest lines on classic that you don’t want to repeat again. People also spend a lot of time leveling professions alongside, and doing it again doesn’t feel enticing. I tried rerolling, and this time just picking up mining/skinning and just rush leveling, but it created a feeling of an empty retail character. I’d much rather prefer to transfer existing character, especially if it’s my only one.

Still not a single thread concerning this on the CS forum. Are people making them and they are being deleted, or are those effected simply not making a thread there?

yes i made a thread on cs forum

If you’re “abandoning” your character, you’re choosing to do so.

Again, what makes a Server “unplayable”?

It’s not lost, when you can always go back to it. Unless you delete it.

Cool, they are worth every minute.

So you’re totally for those on outnumbered servers being even more screwed? And people wonder why so many left in the first place.

Between the first set of xfers, this set of xfers, and now people quitting because they’re in split guilds- the people most screwed here are those that remain Alliance on Stalagg.

And you’re acting like they’re in the wrong, like they deserve a dead server for… not running away like a coward? Dude, that’s just so f’d up. You’re making it sound like the people that stuck around are the ones in the wrong, and the guys that jumped ship months ago were the smart ones.

Why? There were login queues when the first waves went out. I wouldn’t stay on a queued server where I have to wait in line to be outnumbered either.

So, that chunk leaves, imbalance is deeper. I won’t stay on a badly imbalanced server. So the next group of transfers leaves too.

Its just a feedback loop stemming from Blizzards original lack of population controls and severe underestimation of servers needed. Players are not at fault for taking an action given to them by Blizzard to make their experience better.

1 Like

There is no post or thread in your history of doing such. Did you use an alt?

Yeah, but those actions they are taking are not making their experience better. As evidenced by all the problems these actions are now causing.

Debateable. Going from bad to bad its hard to judge which is worse lol.

No, they aren’t at fault, but they are responsible for it, or are we now saying Blizzard is at fault for allowing people a choice ?

yes it was on celatus on a different account not an alt

putting in tickets on different accounts sorry to confuse

Indeed, “abandoning” your character means you feel you have no options. And right now, they don’t. You can “choose” to abandon your character and reroll on another server, losing months of work and leaving all your friends. Or you can quit the game. Those are the choices people have right now.

Perhaps you are one of those who thinks that the minority faction should be forced to play on a pvp server so the majority faction has enough players to farm for hk’s. Being forced to play on a pvp server to serve as fodder for the majority faction is a situation I would consider “unplayable”, just as a raider stuck on a realm with no raiding guilds would consider their situation “unplayable”.

And of course, there are those for whom no situation is unplayable, since they are forum alts that don’t even play the game, just posting about how other people ought to have to play.

Each person decides for themselves what is “playable” and what is not, just as each person makes their own decision what is fun to them.

You can’t tell people whether they are right or wrong in finding a situation unworkable, just because you can imagine fictionalized circumstances that ought not to.

If someone has abandoned their character on an unplayable server and rerolled on another one, they’re not going back, regardless of how clever you think you are for telling us that’s an option. It’s not.

1 Like

I see that thread, but it is about, and the CM addressed, your mail issue.

Seriously, you folks need to post a thread there specific to this topic.

Not so much for allowing them a choice, but rather for allowing them a choice without reasonable restrictions.

Faction specific restrictions should have been implemented from day 1 of name reservation.

Its great that the transfers are faction specific now, but its too little too late. Kinda like trying to blow out a fire. It works fine when the match is just being lit, but once the fire really gets going in the firepit, all you’re doing is feeding it oxygen and making it stronger lol.

i did its not there and now i cant seem to post on that toon at all

wont let me post in support at all now