This Story Sucks, Dude

I just don’t want to lose more Horde characters. We’ve already lost so many. I can’t even be excited about Thrall coming back because I know it comes at the cost of one of my other favorite characters, Sylvanas.

:pensive:

16 Likes

It’s ok. This guy died so nobody else on the Horde had to.

At least, this is what we can choose to believe.

4 Likes

I really really hope Thrall and Sylvanas have a story arch where they can flesh out why they think the way that they do. No riddles. No reading-between-the-lines. Just straight, no chaser talk.

“Thrall, I did X because Y. I want to defend the Horde from enemies that have attacked us before. You may question my methods but don’t question my honor to the tribe that took my people in. I do what I can because I can when those that can, don’t.”

“Sylvanas, your past and present has blinded you to what a future of coexistence could be. You’re afraid of losing your people again - your forsaken - like you lost your Quel’dorei sisters and brothers those many years ago on the fields of Eversong. I know what it’s like to live with the haunt of ghosts. But you don’t need to be afraid any more. You have done what you thought best for you and your people. It’s time for you to…let go…”

Something like that.

8 Likes

I wish that would happen, but that would require too much thought and an actual desire to appeal to the fans. The writing team can’t have that.

4 Likes

I’m a pretty mediocre human. I thought of that as a coalescence of musings from the last couple of months. I’m sure vastly superior minds could come up with greater!

Basically, I just want a narrative that explains unequivocally why Sylvanas is doing what she’s doing and try to paint her actions as reasonable. We seem to be getting a lot of refrain from other horde characters that what she’s doing is wrong. And I don’t think they’re wrong, but I like hearing competing arguments.

1 Like

I doubt they’ll kill her. If she dies forsaken as a race die. I’m 90% positive it’ll be “mind control.” or she’ll be locked up in alliance jail. Or sold to Alleria to “fight for her sister against the void within her.” or something.

I’m starting to think that the devs won’t be satisfied until every single Horde lore character is dead and our new factions leaders are all murlocs, while Alliance lore characters seemingly can either survive virtually anything or have such overwhelming plot armor that it would take a Titan repeatedly stomping on them just to get them to the point where they might get an ouchie.

I mean, seriously…we can’t even kill MEKKATORQUE? And Jaina is such an utter badass that she could have probably solo’d the Lich King, Deathwing, Archimonde, Gul’Dan, and Kil’Jaeden, all ganging up on her at once?

Alliance players used to complain about Thrall and his invulnerable plot armor. Can we have it back for what few lore characters we have left, please?

13 Likes

Lol That’s a good point. Considering it was a group of heroes that took down those names - with some hefty help from an NPC. But still. Interesting point!

1 Like

I think there would be more Forsaken around now, than there are currently, even with raising new ones had Sylvanas not been your leader. The desire to kill your race on sight largely disappeared when they joined the Horde, and now thanks to the actions of Sylvanas, even beings like Bwonsamdi and the Lich King Bolvar want you all in the dirt for good.

Well, yes and no. I think? Because had sylvanas not broken free and secured a place for us in the world, there simply would be no forsaken. We’d just be the scourge.

Unless you mean had she done that and just not led the forsaken.

Or am I misinterpreting and you just mean had she never been warchief? In which case I agree.

I mean in the WoW timeline. All the things she’s done in the WoW timeline have put the Forsaken in the crosshairs of things they never would’ve been had they just been trying to get on with their lives and not be pawns in Sylvanas’ revenge against everything that made her sadpanda in history.

Sounds like a bad fanfic that you would find on some questionable websites.

Better than the current story. By far. At least I could feel pleased with the story in the slightest.

No one @Blizzard has stated that Sylvanas will die. There’s no indication in the story so far that indicates that he is going to die… rather if you look at the situation from a comprehensive and logical standpoint, instead you’d see that Blizzard is setting up Sylvanas to save the world.

1. Blizzard is tricking the player base and throwing off speculators by making it seem like the Horde are gearing up to rebel against her… aka. Garrosh 2.0

2. However players are neglecting that Sylvanas is privy to information and knowledge that we do not know.

3. Players also forget that Sylvanas has a new weapon.

So here’s what’s been happening and will happen:

Sylvanas is intentionally distracting the Alliance and other leaders of the Horde with War and distracted with other things… Sylvanas intentionally has to disregard honor because she has to do those things which no one else is willing to do that are are dishonorable but required to save Azeroth.

We know that an Old God is rising… While we players think Sylvanas does things for no reason, such as slaughtering Night Elves with the Burning of Teldrasil… infact, this was strategic in order to recruit undead Night Elf sentinels, as

1. They are highly trained and skilled warriors.
  2. Undead are immune to old god corruption.

Also we assume that somehow Sylvanas is mind controlling and somehow converting these risen Night Elves to be loyal to her… but rather, what if these Night Elves became aware of N’zoth rising, and realize that they need to join Sylvanas in her secret mission.

Lastly, she has a weapon that we know for a fact has the power to imprison an Old God…

So when N’zoth is released, and all hope is lost… here comes Sylvanas with the knife and imprisons N’zoth in it… Saving Azeroth and the entire world.

So she is redeemed in the eyes of the Alliance, the Horde, and the players. However due to her misdirection and honorless actions she had to do, she chooses to also step down as Warchief and step back into the shadows.

I didn’t know blizzard let it’s employees post storylines on the forums. I mean that yarn you posted is so awful it could only be official BfA lore…

2 Likes

“Do not fear dark paths if those paths lead to victory” - Forsaken Proverb

That saying has been in game a very long time and it perfectly describes Sylvanas and the Forsaken to a tee. That is what we are about, that is what we always have been about. Why are players still surprised by this?

Who would we Forsaken follow if Sylvanas is gone? Given that they don’t seem to be straying away from their Mists of Pandaria 2.0 story line it would seem that Sylvanas is going to go the way of Garrosh (no she may not be killed off, but then again Garrosh wasn’t killed at the end of Mists either.) The big problem with that is Garrosh did not have the same type of history and bond with the Orc’s the same way Sylvanas does with the Forsaken. By their very nature, the Forsaken need a strong leader to keep them in line. Even Sylvanas couldn’t always keep the Forsaken in line - Putress/Varimathras and now the Forbidden Council and the Forsaken who try to turn traitor. Seriously, who could be leader of the Forsaken? Lillian Voss? TBH I am still not clear on why Lillian is even helping the Horde. Nathanos Blightcaller? I am 100% sure Nathanos is not going to make it out of this expac. He is going to get the General Nazgrim treatment. Are they trying to set up Calia Menethil? Oh please please please say this is NOT true. Grand Apothecary Faranell? Derek Proudmoore? Alonsus Faol? I can’t see any of them leading the Forsaken.

Then all these youtubers are saying 100% Baine is going to be the new Warchief. As a Forsaken player this thought horrifies me. In this expansion Baine has called us fanatical and overzealous. Stated that we need to have an eye kept on us and that we need to be reminded what is honorable. This coming from Baine who thought it was just wonderful to slaughter MANY Forsaken to “save” ONE human…ONE…ONE human meant more to Baine that all those loyal Horde Forsaken he slaughtered.

THIS is what is going to be Warchief?

EDIT: Forgot to mention do not put much stock that Sylvanas is going to use the Black Blade for some noble purpose - it just follows the Mists 2.0 story line…remember Garrosh had Xala’toh, Desecrated image of Gorehowl

Im actually thinking thrall will challenge sylvanas to a Mak’gora and lose, the old traditional way of orc life is shown on purpose I think.

Her cheating and killing Thrall would stink, but if it’s what Metzen wanted I could accept it. I’d still be sad to see Thrall die. Always liked the character a lot. He reminds me a great deal of Durotan right now to be honest.

2 Likes

You know that you mention it, he is looking quite a bit like Durotan right now.

2 Likes

Well, it would be kind of perfect, don’t you think ? gul’dan uses magic to kill durotan and wins a mak’gora in the “Wrong way” and sylvanas kills thrall in a makgora using a ranged weapon or magic arrow. it would be great IMO