This Set Needs To Be Renamed Before This Patch Goes Live

Aspiring Aspirant…

Part of me loves it. Part of me wishes one of the Maldraxxus sets was called “Necromantic Necromancer” lol

But… like… no.

6 Likes

You don’t like alliteration?

Does this count as alliteration?

Seems more like redundancy to me. Because every aspirant is aspiring. Aspiring is the characteristic of the aspirant. The aspirant is defined by aspiration.

6 Likes

the necrolords are getting the bad end of this new outfits
we have a toy with the almost same design.

1 Like

I honestly believe the Necrolord set is the best out of the five.

Though I’m not sure having the best set beats having TWO sets like the Venthyr.

Why do the Venthyr get two different sets, Blizzard? WHY?!?!

Or rather… Why don’t non-Venthyr get two?

:sob:

I like the Necrolord wrists and pants.

My favourite is probably the non-robe Kyrian, if only they showed off the tummy like Night Fae.

…Aspirant is a rank in the Kyrian culture.

It’s not just a term. It’s an actual rank.

I swear, did anyone even read the quest text in SL?

Yes, the rank of Kyrians aspiring to ascend.

All aspirants are aspiring. “Aspiring Aspirant” is redundant and sounds dumb.

It’s not alliteration, it’s a tautology. Both words mean the exact same thing but are worded slightly different.

It would be like if you called someone who is asleep a “dreaming dreamer.”

1 Like

That’s not their point lol

1 Like

They’re aspiring to be an aspirant.

He’s trying his best! Leave him alone!

1 Like

It’s a rank.

It doesn’t matter if it has a meaning as a term. It’s the name of a rank.

If you were the rank of private and you wanted to keep your details private, you’d be a Private Private.

That’s just how ranks work. It’s not redundant.

It sounds like Gladiating Gladiator.

… if i’m doing this right.

1 Like

Except in that case it would be a homophone, and you would be using those two words correctly. No redundancy there.

“Aspirants” aren’t called aspirants for no reason. It may be a rank, but the naming reflects what they literally do. There is no rank in the military called “Burger Flipper,” because obviously flipping burgers is outside the purview of the military.

1 Like

uhm, what is that? head piece looks like they fit as ears ornaments than a helm, Noope not me.

The problem isn’t the “aspirant” part, but the “aspiring” part. The other sets are fine.

“Forsworn Aspirant” is fine.

“Devoted Aspirant” is also fine.

Aspiring Aspirant sounds dumb.

Surely there must be a third adjective out there in the world that can replace “Aspiring” lol

Yes, it is. Every Aspirant is aspiring to ascend and get their wings. Your “Private Private” example is apples to oranges, because the Rank “Aspirant” is named for the characteristic of aspiring, while the Rank “Private” isn’t named for being unrevealed lol

Don’t think I’ve read quest text since cata.

Rename it “inspiring aspirant’s”, buff demon hunters, remove a spell from warlock and call it a day.

I wouldn’t be opposed to that :smiley:

I would be extremely opposed to that :rage:

2 Likes

It’s a package deal, buddy.