This ret discussion is so sad

First of all, I don’t know why Blizzard stated they would look at class balance. It was a bad thing to say. It is Classic, not retail. They didn’t buff rogues in tbc classic , despite being terrible throughout.
Secondly, the whole notion of “buff my spec, it will underperform” is so ridiculously entitled. It is another retail oriented entitlement. They want to play their favorite spec and be competitive with the best dps specs.
The game is 12 years old, asking for live tuning is ridiculous. You can’t even barely expect anything to happen. And raging that Blizz was like “nah” is even worse.

18 Likes

Agreed, if people want to RP as a holy warrior that’s fine. If they want to do it whilst also topping the meters they can go play dragonflight.

3 Likes

Changing the item levels makes them worse. So changing item levels so warriors are better earlier is okay but buffing a class that is balanced around a tier set that legitimately puts you slightly above average is a crime

6 Likes

I thought they were mainly buffing item levels because the community didn’t want Ulduar gear to be massively outclassed when TOC comes out. Also I couldn’t give one iota about spec balance in Classic.

7 Likes

They did but like any and all changes there will be things outside of the scope affected. Rets do not scale well but warrs do. So this change helps buff warrs/most classes while not having much of an effect on ret since they were already being nerfed by sense undead/holy wrath/exorcism either being no longer used or a big nerf.

It reminds me of my work. We always talk about what’s in scope when discussing changes to anything. We do that because everything out of scope is considered not relevant to what we want to do. Then every single time we have to go back and fix all the things that got screwed up and unexpected (because lol its out of scope). It borders on incompetence.

Ret in it’s current form in Dragonflight is literally one of the worst performing specs next to Survival hunter.

4 Likes

Yes. that is why I was surprised to see a ret discussion about buffs to be on Classic. I was thinking it was the ret community in DF complaining. Which is warranted there.

As long as I have a raid spot, I could care less. However, the response from Blizzard where they basically say “Holy & Prot gud, so lol go play those instead to be gud” is unacceptable.

1 Like

someone has to be at the bottom. if you don’t like it, reroll.

4 Likes

What’s funny is they aren’t even at the bottom, they just “may” be during T8 and T9 when warriors start to scale then will be back in T10.

Spriests are marginally better than Ret yet they aren’t constantly crying on the forum everyday.

It’s weird.

2 Likes

Exactly. Just looks like crying

Nah what is weird is having a dev talk about authenticity when ret is one spec that is exactly the opposite of what is authentic (except to till ICC) while making changes to wrath like heroic +/same badges in 10/25 as small examples. Feral/boom/enh/ele/SP all need changes.

Its not even comparable though because ret is still in demand for their utility right now and scale decently fine later on - unlike tbc rogue who brought literally nothing to raids and did piss poor damage throughout.

3 Likes

Fury also has a flat 10% nerf that was meant for later phases.

As strong as DKs are they are also nerfed from their actual launch state.

Class balance happens, it’s been part of the classic games since 2019, classes got buffed and nerfed. They are placed in their end patch state.

Ret seems to be the only spec to constantly cry over it despite not even being the worst spec lol.

4 Likes

Shhh, dont tell them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warriors didnt cry out for item level changes, those are happening organically to keep Ulduar relevant, and had nothing to do with class performance. It is for raid longevity.

Paladins, Ret Paladins, cry into the abyss. Got a blue post answer, and they’re still out in their wolf packs howling at the moon.

Ret Paladins are the same 14 year old boys they always were, theyre just in their 30’s now.

7 Likes

rogue brought IEA and was never as bad as ret is now and will be. There is a lot of people that dont understand HOW bad the ILVL boost is going to cause it for anybody playing ret. I understood that it would be bad. BUT with the item level buffs PROT spec WILL out dps ret in Ulduar. That is Unacceptable. Spriest scales with gear. Arms will get better as more Arp is available. I dont expect buffs it is what it is at this point. Just sad that we are being told to reroll by activision

rogue was absolutely terrible all of bc and IEA vs like 5+ raid utility that ret have now is a bad comparison. and the only person that can make you reroll is yourself, so if you value your damage more than the fun of your spec then maybe you should.

can you spell it out for me how is item leveling going higher going to be bad for ret?

1 Like

Ret doesnt scale well with gear at all. Going prot with dps gear will do more dps than Ret will due to the poor scaling.