This latest Classic survey

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321246/wow-classic-survey-significant-changes-or-new-features-on-classic-era-servers

CRZ on Classic servers. Minor or maybe even major gameplay changes. What is going on? Did they just say ‘Screw it, you guys had your two years. Time to give it a coating of Retail.’

16 Likes

Woot!

That looks awesome!

2 Likes

I honestly think we’re all a bunch of guinea pigs made for testing certain marketing ploys. WoW truly has become wholly and utterly a consumer product now and we’re just consumers. Azeroth, its characters, its lore, all of it is just a consumer product, set to the flow of whatever economic algorithms are being set.

15 Likes

Oh god I hope it’s not CRZ. I hate that more than anything else that’s ever been put into this game.

12 Likes

Blizzard hates dead realms.

CRZ means constantly being surrounded by strangers you will never see again and it’s like layering on steroids. “Realm connections” are better. They will do what they do of course but I’m not sure if I will keep playing it if they do CRZ, which I planned to.

I’d rather be in a zone with absolutely no one around than CRZ.

19 Likes

Well, good luck either way.

CRZ Phasing and Sharding are the 3 worst features in Retail.

LFG, LFD and LFR the the 3 other features that I hate almost as much as the above 3 and reasons why Classic for me is like 30X better than retail.

Well that and Classic has unique and interesting class designs that are both unique and interesting to play.

18 Likes

players asked 'what’s being done about dead realms".

theres your answer.

4 Likes

I went and read that survey (I never get surveys possibly because my linked email address doesn’t work anymore…)

Anyway it wasn’t completely clear that they were going to do CRZ. I can see where a few questions implied the possibility but it didn’t say this specifically anywhere. It did say about “Server groups” which could just mean “connected realms” which we have already discussed on here and I personally am ok with since you are still around the same people, not just other server strangers constantly with weird layering.

I stand by what I said about hoping CRZ is never put into Classic. We will see what happens.

It stops being authentic vanilla the moment people get to keep their toons locked into p6 when they should have taken those toons to tbc.

If any of you actually gave a damn about authenticity relative to vanilla, you’d have advocated for fresh vanilla realms as the only option to remain in vanilla content…

That said, COMMON SENSE changes (like moving the av horde cave entrance back) should have been done during classic’s lifetime. It’s a game first.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like a very good answer. To drive away Vanilla fans so that players can either play Shadowlands, or Shadowlands capped at 60, or TBC…which I assume after another 2 years will essentially be Shadowlands capped at 70.

Do you really trust this company to make a good mmo? WoW has been utter trash for many, many years. Their choices for TBC already made up my mind not to play it. And now Classic+. Yuck. If this Blizzard has made Vanilla back in 2004 it would have been a disaster. I can only cringe at the monstrosity they would create.

But whatever. How about leave ONE fresh, untouched, pure, eternal Classic server. No transfers to or from said server. Give me that and I don’t care what else they do.

7 Likes

I advocated for everything. I’ve supported fresh servers in multiple posts.

I don’t believe that you have to shut down one idea to support another.

Not that my personal input ever mattered but that’s what I did.

I am wondering if you are just going to quit when it gets to an expansion you don’t like or keep playing if they do for example Classic Shadowlands.

I’ve said I already won’t be progressing to TBC. I just want a fresh eternal Classic. That’s it. And now we get to look forward to 2021 Blizzard getting their hands all over the game and designing it as if it was Shadowlands. It’s terrifying.

6 Likes

I’m aware I’ll be in the extreme minority saying this, but I’d probably play everything up to BFA again once. That was the expansion that “lost me” with it’s stupid azerite system… Shadowlands is pretty terrible too, imo. Every other expansion has at least something that I liked/enjoyed, even the terrible ones.

Like Cata was generally regarded as terrible, but I had a ton of fun pvping on numerous classes that xpac, and the rogue leggo questline was hella fun.

MoP had imo arguably the best overall class design for pvp. Even if I hated just about everything regarding the lore/theme.

WoD had … the highmaul coliseum event (which was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in this game), and early seasons had one of the better gear systems for pvp in general (suppliment your conquest point gear with bonus items from tr(ashran), highmaul coliseum

I’d be absolutely astonished if we get more than wotlk, however.

3 Likes

Shadowlands and WotlK are the only two expac that I couldn’t finish leveling on. To be fair I only stopped WotlK due to burnout from TBC. Shadowlands didn’t even feel like an mmo to me. Felt like some linear JRPG with JRPG level of storytelling and characters.

1 Like

(sigh)

3 Likes

If major gameplay designs = classic shadowlands design count me out.

They want to test the game make some test servers and go ham with features, I’d at least try that.

The only overhaul to the game that would remotely sound cool to me is if the bread and butter of the original Warcraft namesake was implemented, that being some sort of RTS features.

But world of xmog-flying-Pokémon battles, etc, count me out.

1 Like

Some changes make sense like

1. Figuring out a way to make the servers not feel empty.

2. Figuring out a way for buffs like Dragonslayer/Rend/etc. to be refreshed by toons that have done the quests.

3. Honor system probably needs some reworking given most servers won’t really allow significant ranking due to lower populations meaning possibility of top bracket spots not being available.

Those types of things imo are fine. It depends on what the execution looks like.

I don’t think any of us that’s sticking to classic era wants to see Shadowlands classic or something like that.

Like I don’t want to see Onyxia become a daily quest or something like that or the addition of things that would make the game a hamster wheel.

1 Like

What?

I can tell you now realm connections without crz will make it even more dead because there is a lesser statistical probability of meeting people with the same interests as you. Speaking with my own experience.

Why would they be complete strangers? If you and the other party genuinely put in time to get to know each other and make friends, high likelihood you will end up on each others friends list and group up again in the future.

I am in for CRZ on classic era servers with certain concessions.