This is why we said NO CHANGES

You know what, I dont beleive that. A major multi-million dollar company was not backing up their billion dollar game? I dont buy it. They have everything - all the way back to beta.

I have to disagree, Classic is sufferable mess, glad to being retail more after reaching to level 20 lol

Totally agree, love legion with it’s artifact weapons, spec fantasy, mage tower and class orders with mounts, sums it up why I love it

It’s possible. Patch 1.5 came out roughly 7 months after the game launched. According to this (gamasutra: /view/news/128323/Seven_Years_Of_World_Of_Warcraft.php) around that time WoW hit 2 million subs.

Not only would they need to have the backups, but they’d also need to have the “thought process”. For example, I do web design. If I left my company and they got someone else…I highly doubt the new guy/gal would understand what I was doing. - They’d basically have to munge what I did or start from scratch (something Bean Counters are going to shoot down pretty quick).

Basically, 1.12 was the easiest to replicate and none of them really know how to make changes to it. They essentially took pre-Cata zone data files and converted them from the old MPQ format to what ever they’re using now; CASC, I think. Which is what they did when going circa WoD.

People keep saying this like some flat earth conspiracy theory, but what would be the point of the deception? It also shows a lack of understanding of how games companies, source control, and live development work. I thought they explained it pretty well at the Blizzcon reveal, personally.

I think you guys are just looking for something to hang your misgivings on, in this case.

I think it shows a lack of people at Bliz who know what their doing.

1 Like