THIS is why I dont run much group crap in current

That I agree with 100%.

I know man, it’s just awful

yesterday, I was running down the path in Korthia, and there was this mage who had pulled too much stuff and had like… 10% health. I stopped, popped into bear, and grabbed all the mobs off him so he wouldn’t die.
he said “thanks man”
I said “no problem see you!” and we went our separate ways.

I’m terrible. awful. I should uninstall.

3 Likes

This thread has become a giant case in point.

Not everyone in game is terrible though bro. Just the other day I helped a newcomer get to where he needed to go. Come to find out we had a lot in common and became friends. There was no bad intentions at all.

Great? I’ve certainly not run into anyone like that. Anecdotally, what I hear from people around, on these forums, mmo-champion, even in the game, is that’s not typical behavior. A fair amount of people would just watch him die. But that wasn’t the example I was referring to anyway. It was watching people light this DK up for using Abomination Limb on the new world boss on the first day. How was he supposed to know? But they didn’t care, he messed things up so to them, they were within their rights to make an example of him and say some of the worst things I’ve ever seen online.

It is hilarious that you encountered a handful of people frustrated at a guy who didn’t read the dungeon journal, and are taking away from that “everyone who plays wow is a terrible person”

the toxic one here is you.

2 Likes

I did a +8 where we had 7 deaths and still timed it +2.

And I had a +11 where we had multiple wipes and still timed it +1.

Its alot about how smooth the group is going through content and where the DPS is at.

sigh. It’s not just that one experience. It’s been that same experience for the past decade or more. Maybe I should have made that clearer.

I’m also pretty sure the dungeon journal doesn’t describe spell interactions very often. Like whether or not mobs can be stunned, slowed or moved.

Anecdotal experience isn’t everyone.

3 Likes

As far as I’ve seen and heard from others over the years, it’s enough people that people often describe wow as toxic. And my own observations in the game certainly reinforces that description.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that there’s a single gaming community in existence that has never been described as toxic.

1 Like

:wave: :wave:
You can be vote kicked for any reason…Im not forced to play with anyone…and the same applies here. Ifyou cant stick to the TOPIC then :wave: :wave:

2 Likes

There are a few. It’s pretty rare to hear that JRPG mmo referred to as such. Or Guild Wars 2, or ESO for example.

OH THE HUMANITY!

1 Like

Did my first Tazavesh pug run today. Wiped few times on each boss as we learned. Couple of wipes on trash. Everyone was pleasant and patient, even when we got to the mail room and couldn’t beat him due to bug, no one raged, we just calmly called it and went on our way.

It was so damn refreshing.

do you seriously think that personally muting people is kicking them out of the topic?

that’s cute…and unsurprising.

3 Likes

right? what I should have done is get all mad and come to the forums with a long winded melodramatic rage post about how dare that player assume I’m a man and I’m just outraged, he’s so toxic, everyone is horrible what a crappy community…etc…etc…etc…

that would be more in line with what we expect here on GD.

1 Like

unlike some of them, I spose…I have a life outside this forum, lol. Took the wife to the bookstore and crap. Nice that theyre in here flaming about that too, lmao.
they just keep confirming the diagnosis, for sure.

And yet all we have is anecdotal hyperbole from people.

You judged THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE GAME off of “what I heard.”

It has nothing to do with the WoW community, Welcome to the internet, people are unfiltered.

Get Thicker skin.

Basically this. Thanks Bris.

2 Likes