This is what's wrong with weapons

This is a Belf Demon Hunter. These are one handed swords. To me, this looks absolutely ridiculous and it’s one of the reasons I can’t play any melee on most of the races:

Can we please get an option somehow to resize our weapons?? Like a small, medium, large option in transmog? That way, everyone has a choice. And maybe for once I can play melee on something that isn’t a Tauren or Zandalari.

75 Likes

I totally agree with you. Each sword must weigh at least 75 lbs each lol

25 Likes

Heck even some skyrim mods have weapons come in multiple sizes.

9 Likes

A lot of people would LOVE weapon/item scaling options. But something tells me the game engine just wouldn’t be able to handle it.

11 Likes

It seems to handle a lot nowadays. We’ve got all sorts of new lighting options and they’re working on adding ray tracing. I think they should spend some time to figure out how to add this.

6 Likes

When female belves had smaller weapons, people complained they were too small :man_shrugging:

41 Likes

My main hope with Shadowlands is that it goes down in history as the great customisation expansion. WoW is lightyears behind other mmo’s in this department,

46 Likes

Let fury mog 1 handers please. My warrior is arms because two two handers doesn’t look realistic.

22 Likes

Yeah, weapon scaling options would be great. When one handers look like two handers you know it’s ridiculous. For some races , weapons can be too small. Also some weapons are too small or too big on their base model already!

Female Draenei have one of the best weapon scaling which is awesome.

1 Like

The bigger the better! Check out my mog :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: personally this is what I like about Warcraft and WoW. Big exaggerated badass weapons, I just love it!

10 Likes

I am jealous. They always seem to put so much work into swords.

I have basically no large hammer options to dw.

5 Likes

Some people complained (myself included), but some people also loved that about female BEs. They weren’t fans of the “anime weapons” that other races had, as I often saw it described.

Personally, I always felt that the old scaling was off and made the weapons look smushed instead of just being smaller with the same proportions so I was happy when they changed it.

I’d be OK with options for scaling. I can’t see them doing true slider but I could see them introducing a few options (eg. S, M, L). That’d let people pick something that was at least close to their preferences.

1 Like

I agree, more customization options is always good

7 Likes

wonder if they could glyph it like hunter pets can be?

7 Likes

Welp… I got logged out and now I only seem to have the option to post on my Classic characters. :expressionless:

Some people complained. And others of us fought against the stupidity of what they gave us.

To some of us, it was the dumbest change ever made and looks absolutely craptastic. One handed weapons that clip and look larger than two handers is just insane.

And you wouldn’t lose that if they’d just give us the option. We already know they can resize stuff with glyphs. No reason they can’t figure out how to add it to transmog.

That’s what I was thinking.

6 Likes

Whole different dimension in fact. While every other MMO seemingly has dyable armor with actual design and volume, you also tend to have to pay real cash to change the model used. Meanwhile, WoW has no dyes, armor is still body paint quality, but at least it’s “free” to retexture as long as we’ve claimed the texture at some point with the appropriate class.

Just, y’know… there’s really no reason for there to not be a dye system. They clearly have some rudimentary form of one in studio for all the custom looks they give throw away NPCs.

3 Likes

As I understand it, the way they designed the armor makes it so it’s difficult for it to be changed on the fly. They can manually change it in their design software but it was never made with the idea that it could be changed dynamically. You can change the color of the entire thing but just parts of it (the way you can in D3, for example) isn’t supported.

In order to do it they’d most likely have to redo the way armor is implemented. I could see that potentially happening in the future as part of an entire overhaul but I don’t really see them doing that just to allow armor dyes.

I can’t say no to more customization options that don’t screw me over. So yes!
However, I can almost see this being client side, and not server-based. Like an option in the UI setting for “Normal weapons” & “Smaller weapons”.

/shrug
We’ll see.

To be fair, you used one of the absolute worst weapons to demonstrate this point, since thunderfury is upscaled like crazy on everyone.

I agree though, I hate the anime style massive weapons. I think blizzard’s art team cant figure out how to make things look good if they arent huge (see: weapons, shoulderpads, mounts, bosses, etc.)

8 Likes

A weapon scaling that is small race friendly? Heck yeah!

3 Likes