This is what Void Elves truly need

You could say.
That’s a magnificent idea.

I’ll find the door myself.:door:

Firstly, by infusing any race with void, it limits their ability to interact with Light and Life. From a narrative perspective they would be at odds with LFD and any Light wielder such as The Army of Light. So Alleria and Turalyon having a working alliance is ridiculous from any proper or rational lore perspective. Void being nearly diametrically opposite of Life puts them ideologically at odds with druidry so they should rank slightly above or below arcane magic users in Malfurions eyes.

So where does any future narrative go in regards to VE’s and the Alliance? Appears to be a very small corner to be painted into.

Secondly, reasonably any race can be void-touched yet Blizz decided to railroad that specifically to High Elves. So now we have to have some sort of retcon for any future races becoming void-touched. Then you have the VE players throwing a fit on the forums because they aren’t unique anymore. Incoming round of appeasement cosmetic patches to settle calm that uproar.

It baffles me how people don’t think about basic, fundamental ideas.

Of course it doesn’t when all you ahve to do is retcon the previous lore into oblivion to make new content fit after painting yourself into a corner with shoddy writing and implementation of prior content because it’s cool so make it.

Well you could say that about anything in the game if all you want to do is take the glass-half-empty approach. But Ill leave you to that because I dont see the point in taking it further.

Glass half-empty is an out of place metaphor.

Void elf lore makes no sense canonically. Nor does it leave room for further expansion on it without requiring more retcons.

Sounds more like you are the one who wants to keep doors closed, when clearly this does nothing but open opportunities now that we know opposite forces can work well together. This is not even new, the Draenei did that at the end of their fight against the legion.

How is there a retcon to “possible future stuff”?
Some races can be mutated by x force, that hasn’t changed. Orcs were mutated by fel from the start and that hasn’t stopped other developments.

Sounds to me you are just making a big deal out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Void cannot work with light, diametrically opposed. Simply being around each other can have catastrophic results. Alleria nearly blew the Sunwell up just by being near it. Malfurion banished the use of arcane magic causing the exile of the High Elves who refused to stop practicing it. There’s no reason why he would allow void use for the same reasons.

Learn your lore.

Void is not a race. Yet Void elves are a race. To open up void to any race would mean Horde is now one race up on Alliance in that regard. And to even allow other races to be void would require retcon to the ill-thought out concept of a Void elf race that would have to be retconned.

? I’m not pretending or trying to deny they’re not with the changes made to them, I’m just proposing an idea that would appease both sides. Some people enjoy the void theme, some people enjoy blood elves and want to keep their identity/uniqueness, and of course some people want to be high elves on the alliance. Making an allied race for them that is different would resolve everyone’s problems.

And yet, Draenei have used light and void together.
Seems you are not as lore savvy as you want to be.

And now clearly things are different uh?

Seems that you just want to keep old stiff “rules” for the sake of it when things had clearly changed, the one establishing limitations is you.

Except that none of that is a requirement or an impediment. Are horde “down” a race because Belves use the light and yet lightforged exist?

Draenei are not, nor have they ever been void touched as Void Elves are. The analogy is false.

I think you need to re-read that paragraph to see that your example doesn’t hold up.

Is is though? because they literally merged shards of a naaru with Alleria’s power in itself. So what are you talking about here?

Nope.

1. How does that resolve my statement that Draenei have never been void touched like Void Elves are
  2. Further evidence of how Void Elf lore makes no sense and requires heavy retcon to make it work. I offer you the following to refresh yourself on the nature of Naaru/Light and Void:

According to the Naaru Prime, Xe’ra, the Light and the Void have been at war since the beginning of the entire universe, before time itself, and she notably reacted with cold disgust to the idea of the Army of the Light cooperating with the Void even against the Legion, as the Void sought to destroy or enslave everything in existence; she also declared that the two forces could not exist together

Tells me all I need to know about your intentions with this discussion so I suppose we’re done.

These look wickedly cool. Kudos to the artist.

Alleria is a void elf.
Xe’ra being crazy is meaningless to how two things might physically work together.

Of course she is, and not a draenei. You’re babbling incoherently now.

Funny how you still replied despite

:woman_shrugging: Not sure how that was in any way meaningful but ok. Enjoy your evening.

This implies they have lore in order to dislike it.

Nighborne depend on the arcane power of the Nightwell and become effectively diseased if they lose that connection. Lightforged Draenei’s bodies are infused with the Light. The Worgen were created from humans being bitten and turned into Worgen, and Forsaken were brought back to an Undead existence by the power of the Lich King. Even Blood Elves were effectively addicted to the power of the Sunwell and had to seek their survival in the Fel until the Sunwell was purified. And yes, the Void Elves are infused with the Void and draw their power from that.

You may not see them as ‘races’ because some of the other races don’t have similar backgrounds, but that’s a subjective viewpoint. The devs aren’t tied to some subjective design criteria that says “don’t include particular …things…in a race that other races dont have because reasons”.

True, and your point is? That’s like saying, Forsaken being around a Paladin of the Light (of which there are many in the Horde) would cause the Paladins to immediately attack the Forsaken as they are Undead. And saying Malfurion might do…something…well, thats an outright opinion and has zero to do with fact.

1 Like

This.

And you know what? Add a third N’zoth like eye as a customization option, heck, maybe even add a little demon hunter but with void cracks in place of fel, or have parts of the void elf’s body look permanently voided, as in having that glowy, purplish glow on permanently, maybe on the hands and arms, on the upper chest and neck.

I would find that to be extremely cool.

3 Likes

Not exactly sure, but I feel like there is some miscommunication in here. It seems to me that there is an attempt at explaining that Light and Void simply does not mix well, it is not about a race being able to or not being able to use void, just that you can not be a being infused with half-half of each cosmic power

Turalyon, who had become one with the Light, felt agonizing pain as she dragged him through it to a floating rock far away in the Twisting Nether. Dismayed at what she had done, he reached out to her only for their hands to burn at each others’ touch.

• A Thousand Years of War

Turalyon of the light, and Alleria of the void, seems to cause a rather painful reaction upon touching.

1 Like