This is me, starting a journey

Hello all!
-This is going to be a long one, with of course, a TL:DR down below.

First off I’d like to say that I’m posting on Emerald Dream, specifically because I’m going to be looking for a guild home for my character. I’ve been browsing the other RP server forums and ED had the most enthusiasm, that I could tell, for uniting RPers; Alliance and Horde alike in order to get a more fulfilling RP experience.

Now with that said I’d like to share a little bit about:

• who I am

• what I intend to play

• and what I’m looking for when it comes to having an awesome gaming experience.

Personally, I’m an average 27 y/o dude that’s been a gamer for most of my life. Working a lot, trying to better my life. I’ve recently gone through some really heavy things in life and I’ve had to, for all intents and purposes, start over and find out who I am as a person.

When it comes to my general gaming experience I’ve played a lot of RPGs. However, I’ve never really played World of Warcraft to its fullest potential. I.E I’ve never raided, or have done any meaningful rated PVP. I’ve been playing since vanilla off and on very casually. Always playing again when a new expansion comes out and leveling up to max level. Looking back at it now, I really did it because i’ve always had an appreciation for the lore and the story of the characters that i’ve come to know and love.

I admittedly have almost no actual RPing experience other than some of the rules I’ve been reading about here on the forums. I’ve done ONE session of DnD with some friends. I’m also a pretty big “Critical Role” fan if anyone is familiar with that.

Which brings this to a full circle. I’m coming to the realization that I indeed love the story and the lore of WoW, and I’m trying to be more involved with the community.

Lets get to some fun stuff!
While doing some research I’ve been really keen on having my main character be a Zandalari Troll. However I would be just as happy playing a Night elf priest because I personally like the lore of Elune. I’ll explain this a bit later.

The basis of my Zandalari troll is that he would be a Resto Shaman - Witch Doctor.

Okay! Almost done!

Going to just talk a little bit about what I’m looking for when it comes to a guild and people to play with in general.

I’m **NOT ** looking for chill, laid back , 420 lets just log in and do whatever-guilds. I’m not looking for a complacent group of people that are okay with being mediocre. I try to put effort into what I do. If i mess up I try to learn from my mistakes and do better next time. I’m looking for like minded people. I understand this is a game and its meant for fun, and that’s great! However, I’m looking to get the most out of this game as I can.

My time-zone is CST. Currently my work schedule is 5:00 P.M to around 11:30 P.M CST. So i’ll be looking for either early morning guilds or late night guilds. I’m willing to adjust my sleeping schedule to accommodate as well!

Horde/Alliance guilds!

The ideal situation that I would be looking for is a Horde guild with a sister Alliance guild.

If anyone is reading this that is like-minded and is wanting to start a guild and shares the same desires; come talk to me! :] I’ll be online most of the night!

TL;DR:

27 y/o CST new to RPing (has common sense) seeking RP guild that’s active and driven. Horde w/sister alliance guild. Will be RPing either Zandalari Troll or Nelf Priest.

1 Like

The Mystic Knights/Knights of Mysticism is a Horde/Alliance guild - with RP and PVP interests, and we PVE, too. The guilds are starting out on the server, but the folks running them are not new to the server and jumping in both feet and hooves.
btag is MrthePanda#1597
forum post on the guild: [H/A] <Mystic Knights > Guild Recruiting

Welcome to ED Ghromash. I put a link to this in the ED horde discord hoping one of them can help you since i do not know much about horde here. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. It was actually you and a recent post of yours that helped me decide to start my journey on ED. I’ll look into The Mystic Knights/Knights of Mysticism.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I can swing you an invite to the Horde RP discord if you btag friend me!

You say you’re not looking for a laid back 420 yolo guild but what are you actually looking for in a guild? Is your goal to push mythic? (Off a cliff… lol get it… push mythicc off a cliff haha inside joke)

Or are you looking to pvp and/or RP?

If your intested in RP and raiding sadly a lot of guilds here don’t do that, we mostly focus on RP or RPPVP. There are pve guilds here who push mythic but as far as I know none of them RP.

If straight pvp and Wpvp is what you’re looking for with little bit of RP sprinkled in randomly I suggest Ironsworn Regiment. They usually have 30+ people on but can be laid back at times. For RPPVP we have many race specific guilds here who’s main focus is RPing with a little alliance distraction thrown in. Alliance is an awesome faction here with events very often that are open to the public.

TLDR you can find some pretty cool guilds on both sides (:wink:

1 Like

Turn back while you still can!!

1 Like

I would’ve made this more clear were it not for the fear of my post getting to an obnoxious length. haha.

Honestly I would really enjoy RPing the whole time I’m in game. whether it be queing up for dungeons or raiding or PVPing. I do have to say I get more enjoyment out of PVE content were as PVP can be a little more stressful, only becuase I don’t like losing xD

I want to say I’m open to everything but I’d be lying if I said I’d be happy in a guild with little to no PVE group activities.

Based off of what you’re saying it sounds like PVE related RP content is a bit rare. I’m patient and willing to hold on to some hope and keep looking for people that want to experience the same thing. ^^

1 Like

Sadly it is a little rare, but there are some good guilds here who love RP and honestly most guilds don’t mind doing mythic dungeons here. And some RP guilds will put together some pugs to do raiding. It’s just all about where you look because it is hard to find at times.

I hope you find what you’re looking for, if you need more help or suggestions on guilds feel free to contact anyone on this thread for more info in game or on here.

Actually before I post this! I may be wrong but I think quite a bit of alliance RP guilds actually put together raid groups. I see it every once and a while in their discord, however I don’t have much info on it. Maybe Acialga can shed more light on that for you

Edit. Idk how to spell :unamused:

1 Like

Only a few guilds on ED make a serious effort into completing raids in Mythic difficulty and as far as I know none of them really partake in RP.

You’ll only find a few that will complete Heroic AOTC on every tier and also have a decent number of members who RP. Guilds that come to mind are Ironsworn Regiment on the Horde side, Salty Sea Doggos on the Alliance side.

There’s a much larger number of RP guilds who will complete the current raid tier on Normal difficulty and do some of the Heroic tier.

I guess it depends on how far you’re looking to go and where you place raiding on the spectrum of importance vs. RP and PvP.

2 Likes