This Has Gone too Far

At this point remove all emotes because removing things that aren’t even bad like:
Tauren Male: I know it seems strange, but I’m practically a cow. So why am I wearing leather?
Like how is this in the least bit offensive? There are ton more that they removed that are like this. I get being sensative towards groups but at some point there is going to be a point where you have to remove all of them because something could be connected to being offensive in someway or another.

TLDR; The law suit was about sexual harassment not about the jokes you have in game, please stop.

29 Likes

If the joke offended Blizz devs then they should go.

You WOW players keep saying you want to support Blizzard devs, until what they want doesn’t allign with yours.

4 Likes

There is a difference between wanting to support them when they have been harassed in real life and being willing to put up with the bs they are doing TO the game.

20 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t. Maybe they just didn’t want to compare Tauren to cows anymore. :woman_shrugging:

When they said, “doesn’t fit our vision,” it doesn’t have to mean “omg this is offensive.”

… or maybe the cows were offended! :scream:

1 Like

When have I ever said this?

Pretty sure there is other jokes comparing them to cows

1 Like

But how will they get offended if no one was actually offended? Oh wait…

1 Like

Oh… well… then I got nuthin’!

yeah not gonna touch that one.

1 Like

I’m offended cause I wear Leather.

I agree, they must be super thin skinned.

4 Likes

your right the forums have gone to far.

1 Like

GD: Going Too Far since 2004!™

3 Likes

This is not about how YOU or any of us feel. This is about Blizzard employees scrubbing through all the code and references that they think is offensive because they want to create a safe space for themselves.

There is literally nothing any of us can do (other than unsubbing) when the people with the reins want to head in this direction.

6 Likes

A lot of the recent changes we are seeing with the game have been Dev requests… confirmed by Devs on twitter.

2 Likes

I think you’re over reacting a little bit

They can change whatever they want except my mogs .

1 Like

TLDR; - The changes might have been “triggered” by the lawsuit, but they are not because the lawsuit.

There is a very direct line that clearly states they saw the lawsuit as a wake up call, and people started to notice that many things in WoW were actually very odd to be in the game.
It is very strange that one cannot see that.
It is like saying “oh, I fix a hole in the ceiling, but I wont clean the top of the refrigerator because it has nothing to do with the hole in the ceiling, no matter that by going fix it I happen to see the dirt over the refrigerator”.

Am I though? How is the joke stated above offensive in anyway, and what is stopping them from removing /sit because some people don’t have the ability to sit or stand so they just remove it entirely?

1 Like

idc but what they are changing in game or saying offensive there indulging in real life like flirting cleavage on tv shows and so on.

1 Like