This Has Gone too Far

It’s not about us nor the lawsuit. The cult infiltrated WoW and it’s going to be this way until they run it into the ground. We knew it wouldn’t stop, but to go this far especially removing “Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me” from the male blood elf is eye raising. There’s no leadership at the company anymore and now we’ll seeing how it’s going to be run. They have no clue how to run the game, but dictate what we should hear.

This alone going to lose more subs than they expected. My only hope is another company buys this product off of them when WoW no longer can be supported. What a way to kill a beautiful game that. Just remember the good times I suppose.

If anyone is offended is the people that keeps this company alive. Technically they’re just dictators running a gaming company. They have no clue how to run it. I don’t see Ion sticking with this mindset any longer and whoever is left from the old Blizzard.

4 Likes

Best I can come up with is the vegans and vegetarians are offended by an animal wearing an animal. :woman_shrugging:

I hate this argument so much.

Anyone and everyone who has invested their time, energy, and money into a 15+ year old franchise has every right to be critical about design/content directions.

And, no matter what position they take, that does not mean that they support misogyny/sexual harassment in the workplace.

E.g. you can think the in-game changes are going too far and still support the devs by supporting game-dev unionization and advocating for a different non-union buster firm to serve as an oversight body.

11 Likes

IDK what you’re smoking but i want some of that.

This is why they had to hire legal advice for their current lawsuits.

1 Like

The thing is they’re truly to appeal to a specific crowd which is very small. If that’s the path they want let them do it, but by then those who loved the game already left. Hard recovery going to be harder.

It won’t be effective that’s for sure. I feel they’re more of enablers or else we wouldn’t be seeing these nonsense changes. These changes are just a distraction to whatever they wanna do with the game.

1 Like

Because there is a difference in sitting and some inappropriate humor

Sitting can be the most offensive thing you can see in WoW. I still see people getting T bagged in game.

1 Like

I’m not really sure about the strength of that argument. Probably not something I’d use to bolster my anti-change position because there isn’t much evidence for it. Logically speaking, why would anyway want to appeal exclusively to a minuscule portion of the overall population?

I sort of just operate under the assumption that this is what the actual devs want. It doesn’t make it any less wrong, and it doesn’t make it any less bad, but that’s the easiest and most logical conclusion to come to at this point.

The devs have been out of touch with what the community actually wants for years. Why should this issue be any different?

The bottom line; even though they’re trying to make these changes in good faith, we can still criticize those changes.

I don’t think anyone has any faith in the WoW devs anymore.

We should have a pole or a vote to make it official.

Yep. Separation of reality and game…is lacking here.

you would not say this in the workplace!

Yes.

Its the game world. Not reality.

For example in real life if I need to buy my kid new shoes I don’t out and kill 10 people to loot their corpses.

As even the most “honorable” way I’d do this is to go vigilante and kill some criminals. That is still pretty much cut and dry murder 1 all the same there. Intent /motive, me going yes I did it. He had the $20 I needed to buy shoes. Its all there.

Now in wow…this a daily thing. I can give you 2000 gold hero, would you like to know how?

Sure.

Calling one, kill 10 things. Wait…we are at patch 9.1. We even have the bad bastion people on the good side now. Why?

Look hero do you want the gold or not. Go drop these dudes. then go drop 10 other dudes for calling 2. Then for a switch go get an item for calling 3. that needs you to kill you 20 more dudes to reach the item.

But I am a rogue…can I sneak in and pickpocket it.

No. this item only appears after they are dead. Do this then you get the 2000.

1 Like

I say, the forums havent gone too far enough!

Haha funny troll…

♫ In my mind and in my car ♫
♫ We can’t rewind, we’ve gone too far ♫

Sorry i just had this song on the brain when you’ve said that. :kissing:

Yes, you are, but you aren’t funny.

4 Likes

Night Elf Dances!

2 Likes

these are newer devs wanting these changes right? why would you go to work for a place when you find the game your working on offensive? it sure wasnt for the pay or the oppurtunity. when you could go get a job and work on games like palia or whatever other games like that out there.

3 Likes

For what age exactly? Kids or adults? What type of inappropriate are we talking about here? Something racist or stereotype? What they removed got nothing to do with being inappropriate.

There’s a lot of confusing going on in that company. If anything the developers are a mix breed. They’re not seeing eye to eye on agreements, but mostly force to do whatever the higher position says. I say the developers in good faith who probably aren’t for these changes are hurting inside. They know the result hence why they’re low key leaving the company.

It’s coming to the point having to work at Blizzard is not impressive on the resume anymore. Overall look at the changes they’re doing to the game. Is it for us or them? We’re asking for class changes and QoL for the game. They’re doing something that’s hardly even close to what we want.

That’s what they want us to think, but it’s not in good faith at all. This more of an attack on what we like.

1 Like

They came to change the game in their image! I wish this kind of thing happened with TV, Movies and magazines.

Can you imagine Game of Thrones going to PG during the middle of the seasons.

1 Like

See I initially thought that it was because of this… if you follow the twitter feed, its actually the blizzard staff that are driving this not the management.

Either way the customer (us) and what we want is being thrown aside its what they want that counts, which is a shame.

1 Like