This game's community is really selfish

The irony of this thread is amazing. So much so, that it can open up a successful dry cleaning business.

9 Likes

Personal loot solved this. It just show rng hated you sometimes is all.

2 Likes

I remember playing back in…legion I think it was…doing dungeons and raids and having an item drop, and people would whisper me asking for it. It got so tedious I just stopped looting the bosses so any items woudl get mailed to me. I’d miss out on any extra bits and pieces sometimes but that was the way it was in personal loot. The game rolled and if you were lucky, you got something. Now its, there is a list, you roll and if you are lucky you get something. Its just previously it was invisible.

2 Likes

Well, we made it longer than usual without someone complaining that they lost a roll.

That’s when I first downloaded BadBoy to block whispers.

People are there for transmogs. Do you think they are just running LFR for fun?

Get over it, you are the one that sounds selfish.

8 Likes

Does lfr drop upgraded champion gear or something now? I thought the 4 or 5 weeklies gave better loot. Seems a bit much to get this upset over.

Nah, you are people who feel entitled to someone else’s loot because your personal opinions on loot mean that you don’t think they need it.

They cannot steal loot from people. Though there is a classic /e pickpockets 1g 37s from you, that’s just an rp tool its not real stealing either. You not winning an item is not the same as someone stealing.

This will age well

Like spoiled milk.

9 Likes

The OP did state that most of this came from a heroic pug group not lfr. but still to be expected when pugging as unfortunate as that is.

Well, if everyone on the raid is wanting the item for transmog purposes, they all shoudl roll Transmog and then they would the same chances as if they rolled need, the thing is that if 9 people want transmog and 1 guy is using it for a upgrade, he should be the only one able to roll need on it, thats it

1 Like

You are welcome to believe that, you are welcome to an opinion on it, but your opinion is not worth more than anyone else’s opinion. They are permitted to roll on that item under that priority.

Incorrect, anyone who is able to roll need is allowed to do so. If you had an agreement on loot in advance that would be one thing, expecting geared players to simply pass on every item and ignore their own goals to feed low-gear players is not a reasonable ask.

10 Likes

Thats fair but heroic gear is even easier to outlevel with weeklies.

And if this was classic and someone rolled a bop item to vendor that would be low class. An easily replaced piece of gear thats maybe 15 ilvls higher than the 454 campaign greens from the emerald dream seems a bit much to be so salty about. Annoyed sure. Capslock on the forums mad, I dunno.

Wow lol

Unfortunately for players like this guy calling people names, you don’t get to dictate to others what they need or don’t need. Period. The sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner you’ll have an easier time playing the game.

3 Likes

It sounds like you would prefer the personal loot that they had before. Which I don’t blame you as I also preferred that type of loot. But I don’t really see them reversing course on this.

As long as the system is as it is, then I agree that everyone has a right to strive for their own goals. And if blizzard never fixes the issue than, those that hunt for tmog have just as much right to a piece of gear as those who hunt for ilv.

2 Likes

I get the argument that everyone’s time is equally important, so if you’re only joining for transmog then you should have a chance at the loot.

With that said, I don’t think the OP is demonstrating selfish behavior either. Blizzard designed their game in a way that requires more powerful loot to tackle greater and greater challenges. If people are rolling Need for loot that isn’t needed for an upgrade, then you’re indirectly hampering someone’s progress.

I’ve played MMORPGs since 2001, and all MMORPG loot systems Need/Greed system across all games has the intention that a Need roll is for upgrades.

The fact that it doesn’t work that way anymore in WoW is an issue for Blizzard to solve. I believe personal loot was better.

1 Like

I look at it this way… if someone participated in the raid, and contributed to the kill, they have as much right to roll on an item they want regardless of it they just want it for transmog. In the case of LFR, they may have queued up specifically for transmogs, and they have every right to pursue their goals.

It may suck to lose it for that reason, but again, if they participated and contributed, they have every right to roll on items they want.

5 Likes

If we do personal loot, we are back at the same point. Someone gets an item that is not an ilvl upgrade, someone else wants it and they are selfish for not giving it away. There isn’t a meaningful difference here, someone won loot and someone else wants it.

2 Likes

When you play LFR you get LFR prizes, or lack of.

“My needs are more important than your needs. You should stop being selfish”

Heckuva take.

11 Likes

Just don’t pug. Litterally problem solved

1 Like