This game's community is really selfish

Okay so basically I’ve started playing again in this season of Dragonflight, and I hated the idea of rolling for a item but thought “hey, if community helps itself it wont be bad”, well guess what? Every single raid that I join and I roll NEED for a item and I lose I inspect the guy and see that he has a item that is 15 ilvl wise superior than what he rolled need, I ask him if his willing to give me because it will be a massive upgrade, he then goes " I need it from transmogs"

Like for real, it happened not once, not twice, not thrice, but like 13 times. THERES LITERALLY A FRICKINGTRANSMOG BUTTON, WHY THE HELL YOU ROLL NEED IF YOU DON’T NEED IT
Blizzard really needs to make some impediment so that people can’t roll need when you don’t ACTUALLY NEED something, it makes transmog button useless basically. It doesn’t make any sense and its nasty, people like this shouldn’t be playing MMORPGs, they are the scourge of wow

29 Likes

You have my sympathies. This wasn’t a thing when I played retail.

5 Likes

Transmog is the real endgame.

45 Likes

So you inspect people when you lose rolls to see if they were more “deserving”. If they weren’t, you whisper them essentially demanding for the item.

Have you stopped to consider that you’re selfish and pretty toxic?

67 Likes

Are you being serious?

3 Likes

You missed the outrage train on this like 4 months ago

4 Likes

AHHAHAHAHA well you are a pretty good example of why community is selfish
I wouldn’t need to inspect people to see if they were going to use it if only rolling NEED when you actually NEED something is and upgrade was a standard conception.

Thats like blaming someone thats hiding their cellphone at night on the streets because they don’t want to get robbed, if there wasn’t any thiefs out there no one would hide it

2 Likes

The transmog button is basically useless. If someone wants an item, they will use whatever option gives them the most chance of getting it. Whether its for an upgrade or an alternative item or a mog, if they want it, they’ll ask for it via the best chance.

Ultimately LFR is pretty useless for getting gear for use. You are better getting your gear from other options.

9 Likes

It has to do with the fact that in lfr and even pug groups than you can’t police what others do. So, people roll need for the things they want tmog on.

I’ve heard of fixes for this is either
A-Whenever you collect gear on higher difficulty you also get it for the lower one.
B-The tmog option awards at least one person the appearance of the item, even though someone else that rolled need got the real item.

8 Likes

from those 13 times it happened I would say 8, including today, was at heroic pug unfortunately

Inspecting people after they win loot, to see if you are in fact more entitled to that loot, is the epitome of selfishness.

Terrible analogy.

17 Likes

That is a bit more strange. If someone is doing a pug for mog, it would assume they had the other versions already, and if they had done Mythic, it would be assumed they’d done Heroic before that. But I guess if you are missing a piece of a set you’d still want to get it.

If you can’t run with a guild group, you could also try WoWMadeEasy - WoWMadeEasy which I’m told is pretty good.

1 Like

It’s really not. A bit petty? Maybe. But it is not selfish to make sure someone isn’t rolling need for a mog or to troll.

2 Likes

In LFR or a pug raid, you should expect that basically anyone who has the ability to roll need on an item will do so…

Expecting them to roll Transmog instead of Need in that situation is the same as expecting them to pass on the item.

But that doesn’t mean that the Transmog option is useless. Start raiding with an organized group of people instead of randomly grouped people. There will be many cases where no one rolls need on a particular item, and the transmog option will take priority over greed rolls.

4 Likes

Which… they should.

2 Likes

Yes it is. You’re assuming your time is worth more than theirs.
You’re double checking their eligibility for loot. Who are you to do such a thing?

But it’s the whole package.
The inspection. The whisper. And then the audacity to call everyone else selfish when they wont give you their loot.

21 Likes

Why?
Is their time not worth the same as yours?

12 Likes

for Keys, this is an outstanding resource. Have met some good in-game friendos whom I’ve run multiple keys outside that community.

I’ve not raided with them, but I hardly raid these days. (I think they even have a MoP Remix section in their disc, too)

1 Like

My point is, even if the only people in the raid who roll on the item are all rolling for transmog purposes, actually rolling Transmog would just be a guaranteed way to lose the roll.

When everyone is needing on everything they can, your only option is to go with the flow or get nothing.

Personal Loot does the same thing, just the system automatically rolls Need for you. So you just want the illusion of not rolling for gear.

8 Likes