This game is so broke now

Between bad ideas and broken stuff, it is the worst I’ve ever seen. I usually try to stay positive and keep things in perspective, but this is a big heaping mess. :nauseated_face:

A lot of the features, aside from the ridiculous flying setup, are good, but broken like alpha features that haven’t been tested. I know things break when subjected to a load, but this is beyond that. This is just simply rushed. :angry:

1 Like

Release day is the new beta release. It’ll probably feel ok by 11.1, maybe sometime in February if we’re lucky.

1 Like

Weird… I have 26 characters and I haven’t had to redo any. :person_gesturing_no:

In the beginning, Blizz tested each expansion completely before expansion launch. And every launch was a mess with players finding the bugs that only a massive amount of players reveal. And a lot of players did unsub (at least temporarily).

So Blizz gradually introduced the ‘pre-patch’ that “allowed” players to find bugs before another embarrassing launch meltdown. They apparently found very few actually unsub from bugs in a pre-patch vs the frustration of a bad launch.

Yeah, that’s the weird thing, because my hunter, my warrior, and one other character, had disabled hotbars but they were still populated with stuff.

The goblin?

Nope. Empty.

Oh, and her talents were auto-filled too, and the other characters had their talents reset.

Because I was like “since when does the game just hand you a talent tree without you having to CHOOSE the starter build?”

Well, it’s enough of a problem to warrant a blue post.

(was Dierdre): sounds like a hot mess

Like the rest of the prepatch, yeah.

Like literally I logged on and I was like “let’s do some world quests!” … very first one, Fishing Frenzy. lol.

No fish were spawning. I had to look the quest up on Wowhead to make sure I wasn’t being an idiot, and sure enough, there’s supposed to be mobs there that you’re supposed to either kill or spear and yank them onto land. I was like “yeah, that’s what I thought that quest was!” Nope. No fish spawning, anywhere.

Took me 5 minutes to find the first piece of broken content, lol.

damn! weeeeeeeel… ok then i’m outie till they get it worked on - I’ll go play a diff game for awhile. You guys have fun!!

1 Like

Wasn’t saying it wasn’t a problem just that it hadn’t happened to me.

I think it mostly happened to characters that were not logged on at all during DF.

1 Like

Yaaaa, the amount of bugs -on release- is something you would expect from a smaller company. Blizzard should be slightly embarrassed over this…but hopefully they do fix them soon. I’ve seen so many random ones that they have yet to fix since the beginning of DF that I don’t see most of the small stuff ever getting fixed. It does make me wonder if they have people who actually know how to fix it…and I’m not trying to be malicious when I say that, I mean it genuinely.

1 Like

That would make sense.

You familiar with Hello Games, and No Man’s Sky?

They’re a relatively small team, way smaller than Blizz and they work some magic in that game.

When they release a huge update, sure, sometimes there’s bugs, you might get a CTD or two and they will usually fix it within a couple days with a patch.

But they manage to not utterly bork up the whole flippin game.

1 Like

Do you have divine steed glyphed on Cayna for one of the legion steeds? The rider animation is….odd. To me, at least.

Def minor in the grand scheme and I’ve not seen major issues like you.

1 Like

Nah, it’s buggy, sometimes. It’ll be ok.

It’s almost like Blizz just completely forgot that some people never logged on at all during DF, and/or couldn’t fathom that there are characters that were not logged on during DF, lol.

They completely forgot to make sure all the dragon riding and talent systems actually worked properly for such characters.

It’s actually a humongous oversight, that they just completely forgot to test for that and make sure it worked.

I mean, DF is when they implemented dragonriding and the new talent system, did nobody go “uh what happens if you never had this and skipped the whole expansion?” or anything?

I mean, playtesters are supposed to be trained to ask those sorts of weird questions.

FFXIV Dawn Trail was not broken at launch neither was ESO Gold Road. Why are the majority of the player base cool with WoW being broken and unplayable on every launch including a patch updates?

3 Likes

I can confirm, I played Dawntrail on release day and didn’t see a single bug or issue.

Well, outside of huge queue times. But then I world visited the newest datacenter and there was no queue there so I could get on and play.

Not.
One.
Single.
Bug.

Not one.

I log onto the TWW Prepatch and find a broken quest within 5 minutes.

1 Like

Honestly at this point the biggest thing keeping me from going full time on FFXIV is that stupid built-in input lag.

For whatever reason, none of the other hotkey MMOs I’ve played has had combat as responsive as WoW’s is.