This game is Really Bad Without World Buffs

Low populations are not a personal choice (edit: since you misunderstand me - you control where you play not how many people are on your server) The full potential of the Classic experience is just not being realized because it lacks the numbers to do bring it about.

Thats not the same thing as saying ‘we all like chocolate’.

It is to me when transfers are available to me.
I choose to remain on a non-connected server.
There have been numerous posters confirm that grouping for dungeons, raids, pvp are possible on connected realms. You are perhaps upset by the variety and frequency. I am not.

I will not be responding to you on this issue further as I feel I am being told my perceptions are incorrect. As I have stated they are my opinions and will not allow you to attempt to invalidate them.

2 Likes

Having to play longer with guildmates/friends, the horror I say the horror!

1 Like

What elaborate story? I said there’s no logic or argument that justifiably supports the player theory behind why we need a constant array of fresh classic servers and your bonerific response was to give me your opinion on what you think the private server tea leaves are telling you.

Who is the story teller again?

If your point is a lot of people would be interested well okay, thats still not an argument that states we need fresh servers.

1 Like

Im not saying your opinions are wrong. Low populations playing a role in how things play out on a server is not Corpsknifes opinion or CK trying to beat you over the head with his opinion - just an observation.

Low Pop servers cant offer the same things active and healthy population servers offer. Sorry if this is just too much for you.

For my own sanity, I had to make two separate groups, when it pertains to the word “fresh”, as it’s used interchangeably between both groups.

Because of the two different positions, it lead to my confusion in what “fresh” even means. That’s when I realized, it means two different things:

I still stand by Seasonal makes sense. NEW Servers do not.

1 Like

To be honest you are clearly ignoring evidence that exists in our reality. Wether you choose to rationalize it away or not, just to feel like you’re making a point. You are making no point whatsoever and are hardly worth arguing with. Your knowledge of this game is mediocre at best and your ignorance to reality is astounding. Classic stayed strong for its entire lifetime. This Frankenstein fresh with all of your casual additions and no wbuffs is going to die at bwl. I’d like to hear you spin that one around p3

2 Likes

Go play Era if you don’t like it.

2 Likes

The go play era argument is null and void and I am shocked people still think reciting this is going to convince anyone. The point of fresh is to start at p1 and go to 6. There is no such thing as rolling era that is perma p6. It is quite mind boggling that people literally believe that’s an option

2 Likes

Of course it’s an option.
It exists. But it is simply a choice you don’t like.

1 Like

I’m just attuned to reality. You aren’t

1 Like

Existance of Era servers is not in question.
That is reality. They exist.
Glad I could help you with that.

4 Likes

I don’t understand what the debate is anymore. It started with world buffs and it has now devolved into why Classic fresh even exists.

It does for the same reason retail does, and SoM, and any other game. For entertainment. Myself and many others want Classic Era fresh. We enjoy the minimal changes, world buffs, timeline, etc…we want fresh because we enjoy fresh. There is only so much of P6 a majority of the people can take before they want a fresh restart.

IMO, splitting the community up more if they were to release a Classic Era fresh is not really a big deal. The game is already out for a very niche community. Blizzard clearly knows this. The 10k players or less that would play Classic Era fresh aren’t going to drain SoM or retail. Are you really that scared your game will lose a percentage of the population? It seems like people advocating for no Classic Era fresh don’t really have a valid reason other than not wanting people to enjoy this version. I guess this would be a more valid reason if SoM didn’t exist.

It’s literally just people with no time to play or people who cant understand why other players won’t play the way they want them to, just wanting to drag others down with them. Simple human phycology

4 Likes

Tell me what that reality is because I dont live in your little fantasy world. The poster Im responding to in that quote made quite the heavy declaration which they couldnt substantiate to any reasonable persons satisfaction while calling it a fact. Then got angry at me like its my fault because I asked for the actual facts and not the invisible ones Im just supposed to take at face value and agree they exist at their insistence.

Its the same with you. Classic Era is dead cuz P6 is and a ton of people want fresh is your theory, not a fact. Your theory is a crap belief system. If all you got is belief I dont have to take you seriously so I dont.

Yeah I alluded to that thanks for agreeing with me. But only in terms of participation. What were the other Classic player options during that time again? The population did drop to a significant degree in case you werent paying attention.

Anyone who is actually hip to current events knows what happened post P2 in Classic and how it never got turned back around. Now SoM and TBCC are seeing the same kinds of drama and issues that plagued Classic for most of its entire run. So lets agree to disagree about how wonderful this whole Classic run has been and where its going to go with a fresh server. This ham pile never chooses correctly.

Back in the old days you only opened new servers when all the other ones were too crowded. Now we suggest they be opened because theyre too empty - no one sees the folly in this - cuz theyre not thinking straight.

There’s literally nothing recommending that fresh classic servers are needed except some players. So what?

What’s interesting is that perma Classic servers were “fresh” (as in “NEW Servers”) servers. We were all guildless and nothing was in the AH. We had to re-establish the economy which still isn’t great for my perma Classic server which is fine. The only thing that the “NEW Server” folks don’t like about the perma Classic servers is that we got to copy over our already progressed characters, mats, gold, etc., over. But, we pretty much had to re-build the community, from scratch, and we see how slow “NEW Servers” are working out for the perma Classic servers…it’s still slow paced because nothing new nor exciting is happening, other than people who enjoy repeating the same content, over and over, again. Which is why I don’t think NEW Servers work, at all, even if we wiped out/everybody’s saved progress. Which is why Seasonal Servers work/function better, IMO because it allows for the phases to be repeatable and act as something “new”.

X

6 Likes

That’s not true. During vanilla and well into tbc they were constantly opening up new servers regardless of the fact that there was a healthy supply of low to medium pop realms to choose from. I can’t say what informed the decision to churn out what seemed at the time an endless supply of clean slate realms or what exactly prompted them to stop but it’s where the F R E S H meme got its start.

2 Likes

World buffs are useful to speed up the clearing of old content. They are of almost no use pushing new content. That said, taking them out is still stupid/pointless. Now you get to enjoy farming the same raids a hundred times without being able to speed them up.

5 Likes

What this guy said. The thread is now over. Glinda and co is defeated.

2 Likes