This Expac is a Failure:

That’s what my post says up above. It’s not that I’m against time-gating, it’s that they’ve made the time-gating blatantly and pointlessly painful.

You aren’t benefitting from waiting. They give you lesser rewards and you don’t benefit on your alts, even, from this.

No, but they upgraded with each tier and started you off with some of your tier-set bonuses which helped a bit. Remember Wrath Epics? Good place-holders for the BiS gear.

3 Likes

Actually mythic raiders stack big groups of people instead of splitting into two small groups of 10 for more chances of loot for the 5 main characters they are trying to gear. I mean Method wiped out 3 servers worth of materials in BFA to be able to loot swap and I heard Complexity Limit paid people who got high ilevel weapons to run with them and trade them loot for Castle Nathria.

So yes you’re talking about split runs to try to divvy up loot as best as possible. It’s been this way for like 5 expansions if not longer.

That’s not dungeon loot, but I don’t disagree that badge loot would be nice as a failsafe for players.

Sounds like your friends need to be better if they struggle with 5s and 6s.

1 Like

I don’t dislike the xpac. However, I realized last night that it’s becoming a chore list, so I’ll be going on hiatus starting today. There are other games I’ve been wanting to try or go back to anyways, so this might be a good time to do that.

6 Likes

Bruh. Let me explain this to you. Blizzard came out and NERFED drop rates. Publicly. It’s not my fault you didn’t read their own announcements.

No matter your raid size (currently). You should only see THREE pieces of loot. NO MATTER YOUR RAID SIZE.

We have hit full clown-car mode. Where it’s actually more detrimental to play with MORE of your friends.

2 Likes

k Ion if you say so, hmm your guild name rings a bell ““Crisis”” just what this game is atm. In a bad way.

What’s your source on this besides

Because I don’t read that as 3 pieces of loot per raid regardless of group size, I read that as 3 pieces of loot for 20 and if you increase or decrease your raid size loot quantity should go up. It wouldn’t make any sense to make it 3 slots of gear per raid regardless of size.

And given that I have watched the top end guilds do their split farms with large raid groups people I have to call BS because if this was the case they’d be doing it too, and they’re not.

3 Likes

And players have experimented and found what I’ve said. Go explore. Play it. Have fun knowing this now. :slight_smile:

Enjoy it before it’s patched.

And they’re not doing it now because Mythic is 20 players. They all got geared up already. LOL.

Same. Did LFD a lot in Wrath and became burned out on the rudeness of others.

Guild disbanded in Cataclysm. So, now I’m solo.

2 Likes

I hope you’re all aware that half of the things you’re complaining about is utterly irrelevant to the average player.

It’s not a crisis if the majority of people playing the game don’t really care.

1 Like

That may be true, but the other half is relevant to the average player.

1 Like

Lord, when I hear “top rated raid guilds”, and “esports champions”… smh.

2 Likes

Complexity limit literally just finished up a heroic clear with over 20 people. They did splits all day yesterday.

But you’re right, top guilds would never have figured this out and wouldn’t take advantage of it because they don’t do anything and everything to increase their chances of winning.

World bosses are on a set rotation. That’s why when the servers opened up, Revendreth completely crashed out of existence. Everyone knew who was next, because it’s a set rotation. The only “random” part to it was which boss would blizzard spawn first. Next week is Bastions.

What are you even saying here… what RNG? Are you talking about your Memories off these bosses? Because those are 100% drop rate, something blizzard has already confirmed.

You make some decent points but you seem really hung on one that is easily proven wrong. Open your adventure journal and look at the world boss section. We got Maldraxxus first, then Ardenweald, then Revendreth. It went down that list, it only skipped Bastion because for whatever reason, blizzard chose to start with Maldraxxus’. Bastion is next weeks, then back to Maldraxxus.

1 Like

Revkek is a MORON because I said so. Most of us actually agree with the OP but here come the blizzard white night for no reason to just say no.

5 Likes

To be honest on of the things I have issues with is the new legendary system .

I have no problem if people want to say start off with a higher ranked legendary right away and have the gold and are willing to farm Torghast for the soul ash to do it .

Now for the but (there is always a but) for those that don’t have the gold or may not be that good at doing higher levels they are punished if they want to rank up their legendary because they could only afford a rank 1.

The soul ash isn’t that big of an issue and may tale them longer to get but it is doable the problem is you have to purchase an upgraded version of the base item to upgrade . Now if you have a guild willing to help you out cool but if not you’re kind of screwed . Most people don’t have the kind of I can buy a log boi kind of gold to buy multiple base items to upgrade legendaries.

There should of been a way to upgrade a base item like just a soul ash difference or doing raids for upgrades like the WoD ring.

2 Likes

Agree with you OP, 100%.

Also, the reality of the horrid class imbalance and systems designs after delaying the xpac to “fix and polish”, but spent all that time doing the exact opposite.

it’s no wonder they refuse to communicate with the player base when the lies and incompetence are so glaringly apparent.

7 Likes

Here’s the thing. I won’t knock those people.

They work hard and play hard for what they have, they cleverly use things Blizzard has over-looked for advantages before they’re patched for us regular folks.

However, most the people concerned about squeaking out that last 1-2% aren’t even in those types of guilds, they just do whatever the best people are doing and don’t know why. Yes, I listen to their streams. Even they say - if you’re not trying to be as competitive as them, you should play whatever class / race combo you want because it doesn’t really matter.

The thing is, it appears to be on a set rotation, much like Torghast was assumed to be - then, after every wing was opened once, it went FULL RNG on which wing opens for the week. If it turns out in two weeks, I’m wrong, I’ll remove that bit. But as it stands, because of Torghast, I don’t trust Blizzard for set rotations of anything. At. All.

I did edit it to make point C my opinion, though. I did come off pushier than I intended.

2 Likes

Who’s “most” here? The forums?

The forums would be upset if Blizzard gave them everything they’ve ever complained about because it would make the game too easy. There’s no amount of appealing to their demands that would make them content with the game’s state. I’ve been around long enough to know that Blizzard has, in fact, done almost everything they’ve ever asked for and it still isn’t enough.

The forums don’t speak for the people playing the game. If by “most”, you mean the playerbase, I feel confident enough in saying that the playerbase does not give an absolute crap about anything the forums might have to say about the game.

9 Likes

Hah, ok.

2 Likes

Flying, legendary drop chances on difficulty, loot in WoD, Torghast…

Nope. If Blizzard listened to the forums. If only.