This entire expansion has been anti-pug

I would say Cataclysm was much more PUG unfriendly. After doing the time walking I remember why too. It was the first time mechanics were introduced into the dungeons where they had major implications on success (some wrath bosses in dungeons had mechanics but very low impact vs cata.)

I do agree it’s harder to push keys with a PUG. That’s why I like being in a guild for that.

Why defend blizz blindly? No one is forcing you to defend them. Guy has legit complaints. SL is a force fed pile of dog turds.

2 Likes

This entire expansion is anti-player, really. It’s not just pugs.

I tried to do mythics with my guild 15 days into the expansion. My guildmates were frustrated that I hadn’t already memorized all 32 boss encounters to perfection, along with every trash mob type.

I was in a run with one of my co-guildmasters, who, when I got a drop that was a 20-ilvl upgrade, complained that I wouldn’t give it to her because she liked the transmog.

The game, with its drought of rewards and unforgiving mechanics is making a shaky community terrible, selfish and for elitists only. It will not end well. Imagine a new player trying to pug in a few months and encountering that last boss in Plaguefall. That player will become an ex-player very, very fast.

1 Like

To me the new loot system is anti-anything. If I wasn’t in a guild to raid I’m pretty sure I would not put my foot into raids.

Usually, pugs are not that good, they take a lot more time, a lot more stress, a lot more toxicity to give me nothing at the end?

The pug I used to do is 1 to 4 Mythic +7 to match the raid (213 ilvl) options and that’s it.

Heroic bosses get drop in LFG no problem. Most of the early part of the raid is pretty consistent for PUGs. You should have no problem getting Shriek, Huntsman, and Hungering if you can get an invite. Then Sun King is also pretty easy in PUGs. On the rest of the encounters your group can get screwed worse by mechanical consistency, a bad damage profile, or bad DPS in general, but it’s 100% doable, just beat your head into the wall for as long as you’re willing to.

I hit triple digit pulls on HC Sire in LFG before getting AotC, you just need to be patient if you want to make progress through pugs.

1 Like

Kind of surprising that people are only realizing that xpacs are targeted at certain groups of players.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The elites and streamers were making the biggest noise in alpha and beta. They got the xpac tailored more to what they wanted and how they wanted to play the game.

If you didn’t get what you wanted, then it’s your fault that you didn’t get in alpha or beta and make it your job to play 20+ hours per week to offer up your input and make Youtube videos about it.

/s

This expansion has been super alt, loot , pug Unfriendly. If you don’t have meta classes GL getting anywhere on you’re own.

Except he doesn’t. His item level is literally exactly where it’s supposed to be. The highest item level players in the game are 228 and they have mythic on farm.

Is it not enough to be a mere 15 item levels behind world first raiders? It’s not my fault y’all have unrealistic expectations.

So? do something about it…i used to pug exclusively in MOP but once I got out of that and found a guild that changed everything…you have no idea how much happier you will be doing it with guildies and people you know will get the job done…

I dont know why all these turbo casuals are even replying. This topic is about how difficult pugging is for remotely challenging content. If you are not doing anything besides LFR or m0 then you have no idea how bad pugging really is in heroics and m11+, where the gear upgrades are right now for most people.

1 Like

This is exactly how being a forum warrior makes you say silly things. You don’t actually manage your gear so you have zero idea how gearing actually works, or why you want drops. There’s many reasons why op would want even same item level gear.

1 Like

It’s almost like, when they randomly delete classes main abilities, they aren’t fun to play anymore. I’m referring of course to Metamorphasis, that they literally deleted and then gave to demon hunters to troll demonology warlocks. Blizz sucks. I love most of SL but so many parts of it are truly horrible (like the 18 floor Torghast run with only 3 deaths…)

I mostly play on a WotLK private server on Warmane. I’d suggest you check it out if you truly hate SL. Old Blizzard’s design is genuinely a billion times better than the bullsht these people sht out their as*es

1 Like

True. It’s sad what has happened to the design of the game. It’s like they think only mythic raiders exist and nobody ever tries to pug. I bet the majority of players are puggers/play with a small group of friends. What about them? LFR and uninstall? Is that all they are supposed to do?

What is actually sad, is that players blame blizzard for the toxic community and things like raider.io. They miss the “good times” of vanilla or bc when pretty much everyone joined guilds or had extensive friends lists by neccesity.

Yet, when the opportunity arises to make friends or join guilds, players say no thanks, make it soloable/ puggable or I quit.

The difference is these days there is no sense of permanency like in vanilla. A guild is just a group u join for gear. There are seldom friendships formed these days. There’s virtually no social interaction required in wow anymore. It’s more like a Diablo lobby game now.

I would personally like to see more solo/pug content. I don’t mind them making challenging content for high end mythic. I just want something for everyone else like me, who already went through the whole social phase and now just want to play the game peacefully and not rely on others.

That is your opinion. And it probably has something to do with how you view others.

1 Like

The game is anti-pug because you can’t steamroll everything with a bunch of strangers?

The gutted loot certainly sucks, but that doesn’t make it anti-pug.

Yes. Yes it actually does.

Just add Casual Pug options, kicking not allowed in a casual pug, either stick with the group you have or leave.

Other PUG options would still be available so nobody would have anything to complain about.

It’s an MMO… if you don’t want to form relationships with people or join a guild maybe this game isn’t for you…

I’m sorry, I know in BfA they gave raid gear to people for completing dailies but that’s not a good system