This entire expansion has been anti-pug

Everything from the difficulty curve to the loot rewards to penalizing alts has made this game horribly anti-pug. “Just get a good guild lol”. Basically be in a hardcore guild or uninstall is what they are really saying. It’s pretty hilarious how terrible M+ gearing is and how miserable the entire experience has been. Everything is just unreasonably tedious, unrewarding, and/or difficult for what it gives you. Well done, Ion and team. Well done. I didn’t think we could move backwards from BFA, but somehow, some way, you managed it.

Also warlock is not even remotely fun to play. Posting on the forums is literally more fun than trying to pug keys.

117 Likes

You’re 213 item level and 7/10 heroic. Seems to me like you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be gear wise. How much more gear are you expecting?

What’s the problem?

Also no one is making you play warlock

28 Likes

…Have you tried to pug any content at all this expansion? I’m only 7/10 H because I ran with my friend’s alt raid. The entire game is a slog. Try pugging your way to KSM. It is not a pleasant experience.

36 Likes

Yup, it’s a train wreck just like it’s always been. Pugging has always been a miserable experience.

Nothing has changed.

24 Likes

As of today I’ve gotten myself to 8/10 H exclusively pugging. I’m helping my guild prog H right now but they’re only 3/10.

I think as long as you are willing to join voice calls (Seriously, I haven’t downed nearly any difficult bosses without being in voice. I’m not even pulling great numbers it’s just the actual mechanics are so important) and put in the time/effort to find a patient group the content, at least in terms of normal and heroic raids, is perfectly fine in a pug.

Mythic+ is a whole different story though, patience levels are in the negative and due to low loot there is zero incentive to stay in a key that is going south. I won’t even set foot into anything over a 9 it’s just a disaster

7 Likes

It’s worse than it has ever been. But ok.

Compare these raids to like Legion raids. It’s a world of difference in difficulty, and the lack of loot makes it even worse.

11 Likes

Nah, it’s not. Turns out harder content requires more coordination than randos can provide. This has always been the case.

Get some friends to play with.

5 Likes

If I had friends, I wouldn’t be playing World of Warcraft, buddy. They already have a difficulty for that. It’s called Mythic raiding.

22 Likes

Then you may be stuck where you’re at for a while.

Pugging is inherently gonna be more difficult than having a group

3 Likes

,7/10heroic. More geared then most. And complains. Honestly this is just taking the piss really

19 Likes

Have you tried pugging any of the content? It is NOT as easy or fun as it was. It is a souldraining experience.

Also love the ad hominems. Why don’t you stop checking my gear and argue the point? Thanks.

14 Likes

You mean, be in the in crowd in a hardcore guild. If you’re just an average player, there is no place for you in the game. The people who tell you to “just join a guild” are members of those raider cliques who carry each others’ alts in mythic dungeons and think that is what it means to help others. They would not accept you in their guild. Only rock stars need apply.

16 Likes

Yeah I’ve pug through normal and some heroic on 2 toons averaging 205 ilvl. It’s only horrible because people have become mad elitiest. It’s not a game issue

3 Likes

You must be the new blizzard white knight nice to meet you. How many threads you gonna defend blizzard in ?

26 Likes

Tell me why someone who is doing heroic raid content needs gear that is higher than heroic raid item level? Please explain it to me.

OP is literally exactly where they should be for gear

4 Likes

Because the people who listed those groups are demanding that.

2 Likes

List your own group. Run with a guild. Be proactive.

All of these problems are fixable.

Her main complaint was about pugs which you ignored immediately pointed out her gear. And when most of the player base is crapping bricks about loot drops and even blizzard addresses how unrewarding is than obviously it’s a problem. I know a lot of people that have unsubbed because of loot and people that refuse to PVE.it’s not impossible to be well geared when we’ve been over a month into the expansion my guy especially if you focus one toon.

18 Likes

Pugs have literally always been dumpster fires. This is nothing new.

OP is complaining for complaining’s sake.

1 Like

You haven’t touched actual content since WoD how would you even know?. You barely pve and you don’t pvp at all, it’s clear you’re just white knighting because you like the game not because of actual facts.

10 Likes