This AV Hotfix.. how out of touch ARE the designers?

You are wildly misinformed then.

If I had the choice, I certainly wouldn’t want to play the way they are forced to play. Everyone here plays for fun and enjoyment, what exactly is fun about rushing Drek over and over again?

It maximizes rep, honor, and rank gain per time spent.

Yes, I said that.

Fun.

Well that fix makes sense. They can’t respawn camp people for honor.

Hyperbole.

/shrug people will get over the ranking system soon enough once they realize their is no finite goal.

Actually they would never do this as a game that lasted under 10 min did not receive marks of honor for the losing team in 1.8+

How confusing, someone want to explain to me the difference between 40 people holding people hostage at a graveyard in av vs 40 people holding people hostage at the entrance to BRM?

one was pvp happened on a pvp server and one is pvp happening in a pvp bg, but no one gets hotfixed (or a ban) and one gets ignored? strange…

8 Likes

You answered it, one is locallized to a server and one is cross server.

And while suspensions might have been too much, maybe just giving exploiters longer AFK debuffs would have worked.

my main issue is the warmaster dont reset , so they are allow to be kite from united states to russia :frowning: and be out of play , this just make any sense

1 Like

I’d like to blame the min/maxer (mixer?) community and blizzard for this version of AV. It’s not supposed to be won in 7 minutes. Towers should matter for both sides (looking at you alliance). Warmaster/marshal aggro needs to be linked with the generals then tower/bunker control will matter again. Yes this will make AVs take longer to win/lose but that was the point in vanilla. That’s why the honor gain is so much in AV compared to WSG and eventually AB. It’s because the matches weren’t designed to be won in less than 10 minutes. I’d rather pvp in WSG and AB then zerg AV NPC for honor. This is coming from someone who wants to enjoy wow classic over a typical min/maxer player.

Now that we have enough precedent of custom changes to AV… Can we award deserter for dropping a popped queue yet?

2 Likes

Face the fact that what alliance are doing is perfectly fine.

1 Like

wait what??? how long is the debuf???of all the things in this game they could have “fixed” not just in av but in the whole of the game like the long list of bugs that are in the game that were not in vanilla and so on. this is what they wasted their ****ing time on? smh

agree it is strange …I dont know what to think about this…This has me worried for future “fixes” to the game…are they just going to one day say “you know what lets just remove pvp server”?

not to mention this wouldn’t stop them from camping the cave anyway…people are not worth honor after a period of time…this “fixes” nothing …I …I just dont understand

exsqueeze me? That is factually incorrect …the premades were a thing before horde started turtling…

yeah except this “fix” punishes the first scenario and does absolute diddly to stop the 2nd…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sure horde that are AFK/can’t accept would love that…

Then I suppose the only reason why blizzard added the 4 elite npcs surrounding each boss that could go away by capping towers was so that paladins could exploit their pull so that drek could be burned down before they returned. Horde and alliance both do it, there is nothing to be ashamed of. It’s all clever use of game mechanics until it’s deemed and exploit by blizzard right? Except the fact paladins are alliance only, the npc pull trick at Vann is random where she decides to run and can pull all the marshals, and finally by the time horde kill balimda and pool LTs/commanders, sometimes it’s already too late. Drek pulled and dead with zero horde towers/GYs even capped. That’s exploitation of I’ve never heard it before.

they are literally not going to spend a nickel to try and prevent GY camping… there will never be a suspension for this, ever.

The only time a person will ever be banned for behavior in WOW is if by chance they tick off a blizz employee who is playing the game…

peeing in a devs cornflakes gets immediate patches

1 Like

This won’t stop me from spawn camping lol.

1 Like