This AV Hotfix.. how out of touch ARE the designers?

Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.

***Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.***

Lol, really? You think this changes ANYTHING? The people who were doing this were doing it purely to grief. They did it on alt characters because their mains were honor capped. They don’t care about honor whatsoever. They stream it because it’s funny to them. They’re going to keep doing it regardless of this change. The real problem is that the people making changes can’t even realize this. Do you even play your own game? Have you realized anything about the countless other Alterac Valley issues brought up on a daily basis? Who is steering this ship, and where did they get their boating liscense?

48 Likes

At least they read our concerns here.
I will drink for it.

3 Likes

I’m actually for a loss of words, if they chose this to “fix.” :+1:

20 Likes

Link for anyone who wants a source:

And I agree, this is a nothing fix that won’t do much to help anything. Way to address no issues at all.

7 Likes

Holding their team in one place while your team completes objectives. That should award honor. Not really griefing.

25 Likes

I say we camp a Graveyard in Alterac to celebrate!

14 Likes

Just means that when we bore of killing them at the gy - we can get honor for killing them elsewhere.

Nice they finally nerfed AV.

8 Likes

They say “had this occurred in Vanilla WoW” . . . Did they ever play Vanilla WoW? Gy camping is a tactic used since the beginning of time.

So in this day and age of the sad retail game, a person enters a BG and doesn’t expect to be repeatedly killed, mercylessly?

31 Likes

If you watched the video they camped the cave for about four hours, until frustrated people quit and took the deserter debuff, which of course made room for new people to zone in without having any idea what they were in for.

Then they also got farmed (griefed is really a more apt description) until they also quit in frustration. It was almost half a day of this over several games. Of course the hotfix doesn’t really change anything other than make sure griefing like this doesn’t count towards their ranks.

10 Likes

Didnt someone make a post about this yesterday saying it was griefing ? Players camping Snowfall graveyard. Killing opposing players in BG’s is now griefing like wtf

15 Likes

It’s not griefing when it’s part of a winning strategy. Keep the enemy bottled up, take objectives, farm honor, end the game, move on to another game.

It is griefing when you are past taking everything, past diminishing returns on honor, and you refuse to end the game just so you can hold the other players hostage. Yeah, they can AFK out but then they don’t even get the consolation prize of a token and whatever rep and honor you get from ending the game.

I 100% agree with the first scenario and I think the second scenario is something that shouldn’t happen.

9 Likes

This is by far the dumbest change they’ve made to classic.
You camp the GY to keep them contained, you force them not to res. After 5 kills the player is already worth 0 honor. We will STILL camp the GY to prevent them from moving, but now being a successful winning team is PUNISHED by blizzard and their team of rejects

18 Likes

Pretty sure this was a response to the hours long cave camping.

3 Likes

Yes. I guess he was right after all.

Not much of a response though. The cave will still get camped, it will just not produce honor.

2 Likes

Now this creates a slippery slope argument. If this is considered griefing, then the action that leads to this that creates this situation is not? AKA premade dodging and holding the queue to the last minute?

Uh-oh Blizzard

19 Likes

If they see it continue they’ll probably come up with a harsher punishment.

1 Like

Doubtful, they could easily have come up with something a while ago but they chose this absolute minimum response. It shows their contempt for all the issues in AV and faction balance in general.

1 Like

Killing players at flight points and open world gy’s i get but in bg’s it’s a joke of a change

4 Likes