They're adding more portals

They are adding in one portal, people asked for things to not be removed.

Are you going to pretend like them getting backlash and hate is now them communicating? You’re going to sit here and pretend these little patch jobs that should of never been removed, are now “them paying attention”.

You’re more blind than Ion.

3 Likes

No, love. I have patience, and a broader view. Do I think it was necessary? No, I quite liked the system as it was. Do I have faith that those missing portals will be restored in time? Yes.

You can call that the blind leading the blind, love, though I would be careful resorting to labeling and cheap tricks. It does you no honour.

/tentacleflip

1 Like

Well at least they’re listening to something the players want. There really hasn’t been too many of these cases though.

Dalaran Crater is still important for alliance toons and Karazhan for horde.

Those would be a significant improvement and I’m glad we’re getting a CoT portal again, but I still won’t be satisfied unless all of the removed portals were returned to the locations they were removed from and that the Pandaria shrine in the portal rooms goes to the Shrines instead of Jade Forest.

I hate being funneled into SW/Org and really enjoyed having portals in other hub cities that I actually like.

7 Likes

to be fair, most of the time it goes like this

Blizz: (makes change in beta/ptr)
Testers: whoa, dont do that we dont like that, its not gonna go over well…
Blizz: …
Testers: seriously we dont like this.
Blizz: …
(GD finds out): RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Blizz: … (Blizz does it anyway)
GD: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE (this goes on for a while)
Blizz: whoa! you guys really hate this? here is a change on 1 of the 20 things you hated. See we listen!

12 Likes

That comment is in direct conflict with what the blue posted in the portal topic he made.

This is simple damage control.

They did not think that about the impact on their customers when they made this decision. They also thought their customers would believe their first attempt at damage control, and the subject would die. Bottomline is they misread their customers. I would hope that they learned from this, but it takes companies to become humble in order to really begin to listen to their customers. I’m not sure this company is at that point yet.

10 Likes

Well loves, the Q&A just confirmed the following;

“Caverns of Time portal added in next update.”

You can dislike Blizzard’s methods, certainly. Criticize away, just always remember that simple rage and indignation are never a source of resolving issues.

/tentacleflip

1 Like

Great idea. Mages can already teleport us there, so it’s considered to be a big/important enough hub, no reason why we can’t have a portal there. I think they removed the Blasted Lands portal too so this would definitely help.:slight_smile:

It’s good they listened. After almost two weeks of heavy backlash over the changes. The problem is the thread where they said they heard the feedback they made it clear they weren’t going to be reinstating any of the removed portals. Just “They’re gone, tough luck.”

Then almost two weeks of insane backlash later, from places BESIDES the WoW forums, they realized they screwed the pooch. In short, this was damage control.

If they want us to believe they’re listening to feedback, we’re going to need a lot more than one single event to persuade us that everything is AOK.

6 Likes

Yay! Now if they can just turn the Jade forest portal into a Vale of Eternal Blossoms portal than i will be perfectly happy! :grin:

Oh absolutely love. This is Damage Control 101, like the flying debacle all over again. Hopefully one day Blizzard will learn to listen rather than being a bulldozer and cleaning up after the fact, until then I will simply watch, wait, and make my opinions know in the form of constructive criticisms.

2 Likes

I do agree that holding constructive discussions are a better method of communicating. However, when companies don’t communicate back in a timely manner (notice the thread they started got to almost 10k without anyone from blizzard responding), it tends to frustrate upset customers, leading to more emotional outbursts. 99% of angry customer issues could be avoided if companies respond with timely sincere communication. The longer you wait to communicate, the more upset dissatisfied customers become.

BTW, I made you some tea:

1 Like

Oh love, I think that I am in love.

Re-reading my comments from earlier I recognize that I came off much too harsh of my fellow gamers, and for that I apologize. I will remind myself that not everyone shares the same world view I do, and that it is our individual forms of expression and personality that make us all unique.

Never would I think to take that away from others.

/tentaclesalute

3 Likes

The problem is, they never learn. They make bad decisions and the only time they change their mind is when they get excessive negative feedback from the community.

It’s a sad fact, but they’ve proved time and again the only thing that they truly listen to is fire and pitchforks. Many people are getting fed up of having to deploy the fire and pitchforks when a company is tone deaf and simply refuses to listen.

6 Likes

WTS portals. Buy 3 get 4th free**!

**every 4th portal will be a random location used at the mages discrection. you’re all getting ancient dalaran portals chuckle

2 Likes

A sad reality I am afraid, though I suppose in my case after fourteen years of the same actions again and again I am merely numb, perhaps? Seeing the same pattern and expecting a different result is a sure sign of insanity, so I may just be more comfortable knowing that this is the inevitable pattern of Blizzard.

1 Like

I agree with what you’re saying in terms of them not heeding feedback before they were removed. But them putting back in COT is better than them saying “deal with it”, which is what we’ve gotten from them before.

I want all of the removed ones restored though. Killing the hubs was stupid, and I hope they revert those changes. I guess we will see. COT is a start.

And this is why I hate mages.

1 Like

And that’s a sad fact. That too many of us have simply become numb.

It’s just like cuss words on television. Stuff that would be shocking and simply not said when I was a kid is common place today. Because we’ve become desensitized to it. It no longer holds as much impact as it used to have.

Which is a shame, as a properly timed F bomb in a story can do wonders.

2 Likes

Aww :frowning:

1 Like