They're adding more portals

Yay. :slight_smile:

Problem solved.

5 Likes

Blizzard explained when the portal room was first announced that they were always going to add more, they simply put in the ones they thought would be the most useful first. It was only ever a portion of the community that failed to listen to them and reacted like rioting rats.

/tentacleflip

3 Likes

Where did they say that

3 Likes

What will be done to address the removed portals?

They don’t want to rehash the reasons which they already posted on the forums. There are valid reasons. With every expansion they’ve removed some portals.

They’ll be adding a Caverns of Time portal that takes you directly into the central Nexus. There’s also another UI update coming soon which will help you travel to another continent when an quest is tracked on another continent.

2 Likes

Well love, a quick look using Google found several sources quoting Blizzard as saying things like

“For the part that was brought up about things like Ironforge being removed from the BfA portal rooms, I don’t think that’s intentional and should be changed in future build.”

In addition you can view the previous Q&A where they discuss that the Portal Room is meant to be expanded upon. This is simply the beginning stages, love. Patience, as they say, is a virtue to those who wait for it.

/tentacleflip

2 Likes

Now you seem like an Asston here. If they did, they wouldn’t have removed them in the first place. They created a problem and now are acting like saviors. Get real.

9 Likes

People wanted the CoT portal. They are adding it. They are listening to feedback.

People complain they never listen to feedback.

Get real.

7 Likes

No, they removed it - got a crap ton of negative feedback and backlash. Realized it was stupid, now returning it.

Get real. If they were to ever truly communicate, this portal fiasco would of never happened. Now they’re playing the patch up game.

17 Likes

Great news! I hope they add a Karazhan portal back at some point because getting to Southern EK as Horde is kind of a pain now.

3 Likes

They consolidated the portals across multiple expansions into one neutral location. It was an oversight (imo) to not have the same portals available after the move. People pointed this out. They are adding it.

I was completely for a central portal location. Its 100x better than portals branched out over a bunch of different cities/expansions. I just wanted all portals moved.

They removed a crap ton and consolidated entry points to the expansions. That’s all they did, when CoT took time to get to and when people WARNED THEM BEFORE, they still went and removed it. Now they’re adding it back? Guess you should of communicated in the first place.

In case you don’t realize, communication requires both sides.

I don’t mind a central portal location, the idea is cool. I mind things being removed for the sake of their dumb decision making on how they feel the game should go.

5 Likes

It also requires patience, understanding that compromise is never a fifty/fifty split, and knowing when enough is enough.

/tentacleflip

Talk, inform, take in and re-evaluate. All they did was talk and inform. Sorry, there is no patience due when not given respect. I think after 14 years, we have had enough time. And if I am being nice, WoD to now.

6 Likes

Love, the mere fact that they are adding back in requested portals is exactly what you asked for. Are you simply trying to argue semantics just so you can be angry? If so, please let me know. I thought you were serious about having a discussion, though if simply ranting is all you want I would rather not involve myself.

1 Like

Yeah, like, a Stonard portal for Horde would do the trick.

1 Like

They are adding in one portal, people asked for things to not be removed.

Are you going to pretend like them getting backlash and hate is now them communicating? You’re going to sit here and pretend these little patch jobs that should of never been removed, are now “them paying attention”.

You’re more blind than Ion.

3 Likes

No, love. I have patience, and a broader view. Do I think it was necessary? No, I quite liked the system as it was. Do I have faith that those missing portals will be restored in time? Yes.

You can call that the blind leading the blind, love, though I would be careful resorting to labeling and cheap tricks. It does you no honour.

/tentacleflip

1 Like

Well at least they’re listening to something the players want. There really hasn’t been too many of these cases though.

Dalaran Crater is still important for alliance toons and Karazhan for horde.

Those would be a significant improvement and I’m glad we’re getting a CoT portal again, but I still won’t be satisfied unless all of the removed portals were returned to the locations they were removed from and that the Pandaria shrine in the portal rooms goes to the Shrines instead of Jade Forest.

I hate being funneled into SW/Org and really enjoyed having portals in other hub cities that I actually like.

7 Likes

to be fair, most of the time it goes like this

Blizz: (makes change in beta/ptr)
Testers: whoa, dont do that we dont like that, its not gonna go over well…
Blizz: …
Testers: seriously we dont like this.
Blizz: …
(GD finds out): RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Blizz: … (Blizz does it anyway)
GD: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE (this goes on for a while)
Blizz: whoa! you guys really hate this? here is a change on 1 of the 20 things you hated. See we listen!

12 Likes