"they want to try to save the system before throwing it out."

It’s not the sticking to a choice some are concerned about.

It’s having Kyrian be 20% stronger than the other choices (for example). Or first patch they decide that Necrolord needs to be nerfed 35%

And because Blizzard has done a piss poor job of balancing things in the past, they’re worried their decision to dedicate to a covenant will be hammered into the ground all because Blizzard is again, piss poor at balancing things.

That’s always going to be an issue, unfortunately you can’t please everybody.

I’m asking you to step up, and what you tell me no I prefer treating people equally like trash. Yes that’s not really a good way to get a constructive discussions going. So yes, that would be acting like a troll don’t be surprised if people call you one.

That’s not trolling zomz trolling is someone who goes out of their way to rile people up for a reaction, i’m not doing that. you’re riling yourself up because you don’t like my personality.
That is your problem i’m not going to change myself to appease your feelings sorry.

You don’t have to change yourself, but there are rules on this forums. If you walk closely to the line, don’t go barging at my door when the law gets to you.

i could live with 10%. sorry was that trollish? <— that, was a joke it’s okay to laugh.

The law wont do anything to me zoumz, but you’re also walking the line on harassment right now. how about you take a step back go get some water and come back when you’ve cooled offf.

Harassment? You don,t know what harassment his.
You have only made one constructive post so far in all the discussion we had and you refused to discuss arguments with me. You didn’t even try to answer my post where I explained my points.

I’m aware and agree with that. They’re trying hard to make a gameplay decision also coincide with making it feel more RPGesque. This system would’ve only been interesting if players didn’t have all the answers and guides like we do now.

Curse of the computer age lol
Spreadsheets! spreadsheets everywhere!

Harassment as according to blizzards rules or acording to mine, if you keep pushing ‘‘the law’’ might come for you.

And for the record, you saying i don’t know what harassment is, can be considered trolling.

Well having a discussion with you was a good waste of time.
Seems like you can’t even talk about the subject without just attacking me.
So I’ll put your last post next to your other ones since reasoning with you only leads there.

That wasn’t a discussion that was you ranting at me about my personality quirks and my terrible jokes and finally you calling me trash.
I only pointed out my opinion on the matter 3 times, once as clearly as i could make it and i still get called trash and a troll for having an opinion and adding my voice to the ‘‘i’d like to keep it’’ camp.
But i’m the bad guy,mkay.

Yeah, we’ll just have to see if what Blizzard considers “not working” lines up with what everyone else thinks.

If Blizz would take away the ability aspect of Covenants, they could really lean in to the cosmetic and story lock-in even harder. That would be cool.

2 Likes

Sticking to a covenant isn’t even the issue. Anyone can stick to a covenant if they want.

Some of us like Ralph, Silverleigh, and myself want the systems consequence to impact everyone. Our value in the system is magnifying the punishing nature of it on others - even though the RP players could still play the game how they’d like if the devs eased up on the restrictions.

If they make the system less restrictive and don’t punish players that want to be the best they can for their friends - then we lose out on the value we get from the system.

1 Like

Which can be completly dodged by making multiple characters of the same class join different covenants. Which in the end is the same if you would let people farm rep for each covenants to unlock them basicly. Because time become the only issue.

“Working” seems to be trying to maximize the punishment the system pushes onto players in the name of “player agency”.

Based on the responses all over the place - it seems to be working as intended.

The people in favor of the system are those of us that specifically value that punishment.

But then people would have to waste time being inefficient by making redundant characters - which is ridiculous for anyone to do; which in and of itself is also punishing. It’s just punishing in a different form.

We win either way - and Blizzard wins because that approach inflates character counts and time played since not only do players have to level each version, but they have to spend duplicated time regearing each of them.

1 Like

Which I already expected and answered in my answer.
If time is the issue, then why not let us take time on a single character.
There’s no difference.
The punishment is ridiculous if it can be easily dodged.

From what understand that IS the approach.

They won’t let you switch freely - but you’ll be able to switch and then regrind all the rep for the covenant you want to change to, even if you’ve already grinded it in the past.

It’s like having multiple characters, but each time you want to swap to a different one, you’d have to start it over at level 1. Kind of how nintendo games worked that didn’t have a save feature.

I wouldn’t say that regrinding a rep from scratch is a way to “easily dodge” something.