"they want to try to save the system before throwing it out."

Immune to crowd control seems like a pretty good reason to pick that covenant. If that’s what you want in your game play.

Soulbinds work everywhere unless it specifically entails to your “bodyguard” who can only be summoned in the world.

You should also be able to switch soulbinds easily according to blizzcon.

Some of these soulbinds seem insane.

" Podtender

When you would take damage that would kill you, instead rejuvenate within a pod, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the pod takes more than 10,000 damage during this time, you die.

This effect may only occur once every 30 min."

That’s like some talents lol. This sounds so fun and crazy.

But they aren’t? They are killed by people at sub-optimal 465 ilvl. At 475 optimal ilvl they are undertuned. It’s why strats change to zerg.

Every xpac and every raid I have ever done has had un-usable loot drop. Trade restrictions don’t stop that. They exist for many reasons. Some valid, some not but that’s the reality of a player-base that is so toxic we can’t be trusted.

Find a current raid team that doesn’t have people reroll fotm. That doesn’t kick under-performers and recruit new and better players. That is life. People will take the path of least resistance. Having more content with relevant rewards is not a bad thing.

We had WoD before, are we really asking to go back?

By the time most guilds move to mythic they clear heroic on an optional/ off night too. Eventually heroic doesn’t drop anything worth and becomes dead content. Without wf/tf/ socket/ corruption it becomes dead content infinity faster. So do dungeons.

Again, we had WoD. Are we really asking to invalidate content faster so we can raid log a month into the tier?

Well the soulbind preview on wowhead looks to be a pretty big system drastically different between covenant and soulbind character.

No way they simply ditch the system. It’s going to go live in a similar format or choices are meaningless and you can freely swap covenants/soulbinds.

What? Why?

Regardless my opinion is not in reaction to anyone else’s making both her point and yours immaterial.

Just because people like you are being… unkind does not mean we all are.

Because we enjoy consequences and punishments being forced on people, especially when they’re needless.

That’s why this system is beautiful.

It introduces player agency in the most minimal way, while maximizing the negative consequences.

It punishes players that want to play the game across multiple roles and content types, and apparently makes even the casual/ rp players uneasy about the game as a whole.

And people still pay money for this. It’s quite amusing.

2 Likes

But we’re not unkind - we didn’t design the system.

The system objectively is unkind without any actual reward for those who favor it.

We just get to enjoy the ramifications of it.

2 Likes

So you’re a troll. Okay.

Stay safe!

I get Ion’s comment in regard to the issue of selecting one Covenant but wanting access to the abilities of another. If you choose to follow Bastion, with the philosophy of valuing “humility, righteousness, service, and virtue”, but then want a power of the Necrolords, which is all dark and death-based, it would be a total abrogation of your Covenant choice - in effect, making it pointless. He is attempting to bring back the original RP feel of WoW from its earliest days and it’s one direction I like.

Characters are getting all kinds of new spells and abilities in Shadowlands (or in some respects, the return of old ones) and we don’t know what other things we’ll also get along the way. Covenant abilities are only one part of that and I think people are getting a bit of tunnel vision about the issue.

2 Likes

Having it locked behind something like that - especially if you have to regrind it each time is the part I don’t like.

If the players that want to switch for different pieces of the game have already earned the rewards for each covenant - having them have to regrind each time is overly chastising in my opinion.

Definitely have them earn it the first time - but no need to have them go through the whole process each time.

1 Like

Negative - Trolls generally instigate the action to cause the suffering.

That’s not true in this case - We’re just sitting back and enjoying the suffering caused by the system. My point is to highlight that the biggest benefit to this system is that it provides players like us the ability to enjoy needless suffering as it sticks it to players on multiple fronts.

Haven’t you seen all the threads of us celebrating?

2 Likes

Honestly at this point I just kind of want to comment on these threads so I’ve got a record.

That way when the flood of “oh Mai gawwwwd I luuuuuurv ‘meaningful choice’” turns into a chorus of complaints I will be able to look back with schadenfreude at everyone who spazzed out and convinced Blizzard that this would work.

1 Like

I’m just curious. For the folks in these threads who keep saying that Blizzard will fail this, they’re bad at balance it will turn out as bad as the last time.

Why not leave and take a break? If you know things will be bad, why stay? That seems counter productive. Sometimes I take a break from the game if I don’t like the way it’s going. But to just keep playing a game you don’t like. That sounds like torture.

But then what will our third straight AP level up?

/s

Who says I’m not planning to do just that?

I’m not going to quit today because Shadowlands isn’t live yet. The game is fine for me right now, worth $15/mo.

For the future - I haven’t bought Shadowlands and won’t buy it if the systems go live as presented today. I’ll wait for Blizzard to do their version of 8.2 for SL, see how it is, maybe get it on sale.

2 Likes

But wouldn’t Azerite and corruption be better if you could pick whatever you wanted?

1 Like

Troll was the most polite term I could think of.

And you didn’t answer my question. That replay was to hers/his accusation of: ‘…all for no actual benefit to the other side; aside from satisfying some need to be spiteful.’

So why are you being spiteful towards other players?

This makes the most sense. Just throw a blood spear or for the see through walls shot for hunters you can smell their blood or whatever. It isn’t a super complicated approach.

1 Like

Make it the quest hub without having it impact your spells/abilities. If it has to have an ability make all roles versions of that ability do they same thing in the end.

2 Likes