"they want to try to save the system before throwing it out."

But people in this thread said covenants were going to prevent them from raiding since they might pick the PVP covenant and then not be able to raid.

So covenants may discourage folks from raiding.

1 Like

Which is why you should be able to change your covenant.

Trust me, heroic and normal raiders are not worried about that.

Though normal mode raiding is still harder than BWL but a lot of people don’t log normal.

Code for adding content outside of raids in response to WoD.

Raids have always been a weekly lockout.

What?

The raids are kill-able with heroic gear and sub optimal traits/ essences. Acquiring those just soft nerf content.

Those are people looking for any excuse to blame their poor play. The raids will be do-able with no covenant ability at all, let alone the “pvp” ones.

1. Adding non-raid stuff is great, but don’t then tune the raids on the assumption that everyone has done it. (This is why every tier after EN has been super-tightly tuned. Or just overtuned.)
  2. Not talking weekly lockout, I’m talking about loot trading restrictions and a good third of your guild’s gear going down the toilet the first few weeks because it’s soulbound on people who don’t want it. Also the larger amounts of trash and fewer and more of a hassle skips they’ve been adding.
  3. Compare M+ to Mythic raiding gear, one is endlessly repeatable, the other is on a weekly lockout, as you noted. Find me a guild clearing Mythic raids while current that doesn’t spam M+, especially the first few weeks of a tier.
  4. You don’t have time to farm up heroic gear and then move on to Mythic, because of how fast Blizzard releases raid tiers these days. You have a couple weeks to do Heroic but then your focus must shift to Mythic and after a bit you start extending, and not even doing Mythic anymore – which makes M+ even more important to patch up the gear holes.

Make it a talent tree give vfx flavor based on your covenant for the love of god do not lock specific legendary items behind covenants. That’s how you fix it but it’s going to take til at least 9.1 before they admit it.

If 5-6 months is too short a time that’s a guild issue. And 5-6 months has been pretty common since the start of the game.

You can still have that if the system is made to be flexible - although there will still be hundreds, if not thousands, of other shaman that also have that same skill and ability…

2 Likes

Tewa, on your mythic+ and mythic raiding gear point. Guilds will do what they must to get even the slightest edge.

There are guilds in classic who have players playing 15+ hours a day for rank 14 gear to get better DPS to clear content faster.

That’s just hardcore players. No system change will stop that. Which is why people are saying, no matter if you add a grind or whatever, hardcore players will change their covenants with the system blizzard adds.

No, a lot of them will just quit. The raiding scene has been DECIMATED this expansion because, giving the hoops Blizzard is making people jump through, many have just given up.

The hardcore raiding scene sure, but that’s just pebbles in an ocean, the systems they hate are great for the game over all (i hate M+ but its a great thing for the game)

Nobody had a problem with M+ until they started tuning every raid after Emerald Nightmare on the assumption everybody was spamming the hell out of M+ before doing the raid, thereby making it mandatory.

Except they really don’t tune it that way, the last boss or two of the raid at first maybe, but those get nerfed so heavily.

I see the limits as an ongoing challenge as I move thru the content just like the limits of the class I am playing is an ongoing challenge as I move thru the content.

And is that really true? Or do you just not want the limits because you won’t be able to ‘optimize’ your character depending on the content you are playing? Because if so, not being able to optimize your character for all content will increase the challenge, not diminish it.

Again, you are trying to reduce the importance and the challenge of the choice and make the system inconsequential. If the limits aren’t there, there is nothing to overcome so, for me, there is no point to the system.

Again, it’s not all about you (you can’t speak to ‘other peoples’ perspective, you can only speak to your own). My opinion is not in reaction to yours; this is my opinion, with or without yours. And my gaming experience of (1) making a hard choice, (2) enjoying the benefits of that choice and (3) overcoming the limitations of that choice, will be enhanced (if, of course, it plays out as advertised).

And, again, not punished. Having limits is not punishment, it is obstacles to overcome as seen by all the limits that are already in the game.

Soulbind calculator is out on WoWhead as an FYI. So you can look and see the other part of the system. Lots of passive increases.

Can’t be saved at this point. If one covenants ability hits for 1 more of anything in anything people will cry they are forced to chose that one because according to the numbers this one in better

I think something has been lost in translation here. I am all for having a switching system like they did for Scryers/Aldor.

Me too.

This is not a terrible idea but I would want it to be for longer and more substantial, like a special glowy sword/staff/dagger/whatever depending on your class that grows in power with you.

Why even bother playing the game at that point? We should just have sim battles. I don’t need to defeat the boss, just press the button and tell me if my character will win.

They want choices that matter as long as their choice is the best one.

Or as I seen someone else put it. They want choices to matter as long as they don’t mean anything.

2 Likes

So they put more information on soulbinds today and a calculator. Which cleared up some of my previous questions. Do all these NPCs have the same tree? No, they do not.

This brings on even more questions with this tree. Will soulbinding only affect openworld (questing)? Or will this affect raiding, battlegrounds, Torghast, etc. Still I am seeing some pretty powerful traits like Ultimate form, “immune to crowd control”. This could very much impact openworld questing more so if someone wanted to quest with Warmode on. Like how deep do these trees impact your experience?

Which this goes back to my original concern. Of being soulbinded to a NPC I would prefer not to be. Which on the casual side of me is something that is pretty important. I want to be binded to something I actually like.