They Give What Was Asked For...But People are Mad

I’ve been playing over in Classic SoM b/c my retail folks are on a WoW break in large enough numbers that I’ve dipped from Shadowlands to level a Vanilla warlock.

So, no, I haven’t seen Mage Tower. I didn’t play in Legion, and I have always said that Mage Tower was advertised as limited and we should accept that if we didn’t get it back in Legion…we shouldn’t get it. But they’ve given it to us, so surely that made all of the people who’ve been posting, complaining, begging, and writing dissertations on why we should get it back happy, right?

Nope.

Listen, I believe those of you saying it’s overtuned, harder than it was in Legion, etc.

I 100% believe it. Timewalking tuning has been spotty, inconsistent, and occasionally seriously over-difficult several times, so I’m not arguing that.

But why can’t anyone on these forums ever just be happy about something? For YEARS, people have begged for it. They give it back, and it will come back twice per year, in these Timewalking events. You not only have this one shot, but you will have another shot and another…

They gave us what we asked for (some of us, that is). I hope at least someone out there is happy about it.

13 Likes

I’m happy about it.

2 Likes

Because they have to monkeys paw everything they wind up doing.

Want mage tower? Okay, but it’s over tuned as hell and only available for two weeks out of the year.

Enjoy

45 Likes

I think a lot of people are happy about it returning. The problem is in it’s current state you need perfection for most challenges and without gear upgrades or legendaries your margin of error will never change.

Along with buggy mechanics it’s a bittersweet victory and that’s why people are upset.

25 Likes

Why should players just be happy about something that is clearly overtuned? They shouldn’t.

So your opinion is baseless. Got it.

No they absolutely did not. This is mage tower yes, but not at the difficulty that was remembered as hard but enjoyable.

17 Likes

I never asked to bring the mage tower back. I already know Blizzard can’t do scaling properly.

Why should players be happy with a bad quality game? This is the real question!

5 Likes

I’m honestly shocked at the level of disbelief. Apparently everyone forgot the WotLK TW overtuning debacle of 8.2 (or was it 8.3?).

Like…this is how this stuff works. The first round of Timewalking for any new set of dungeons is super overtuned. I remember randomly one time it was MoP dungeons for Panda, and it was SERIOUSLY overtuned even though it hadn’t been the last MoP go-round.

The front page of GD is filled with so many posts about this that you’d think Mage Tower was the new High Elf conversation.

I’m just shaking my head about it. This is how Timewalking always do.

1 Like

I managed to beat it and I feel like Im an average skilled player. It took about 15-20 attempts or so, but it was definitely do-able. Of course, this might not be the case for some specs though. People should be aware that the healer mage tower was a lot harder than the DPS ones back in Legion, so Id expect them to be nearly impossible just as they were back then.

3 Likes

Is it really bad quality, though?

What I’m seeing from people is that you need particular gear and a very tiny–near non-existent–margin of error to complete the challenges.

Wasn’t that the point from the beginning?

2 Likes

The ppl begging for it is not what today running it.
There’s voice getting it back, also there’s voice don’t want it.

I mean the whole expansion, but if we are specifically talking mage tower they probably messed that up too.

1 Like

People asked for a challenge they could work at and overcome. That’s not what we got.

6 Likes

We’re all not a 1 voice with 1 opinion that changes when it is given it to us.

Why do people get so surprised by this?

4 Likes

How is it not what we got? Its exactly what we got

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Some of the fights are almost impossible for above average players.

4 Likes

How is it exactly what we got? Please elaborate. Because at this point we have a ‘challenge’ that has bloated HP markers (Looking at you P3 of Xylem) and consistently over the top damage from the bosses most common abilities. For instance for Xylem he does 1 k frostbolts on spam. Agatha: The Shadowy imps deal tremendous amounts of damage on top of having a medium hp pool. Tugar the worm’s spits deal about 1 k damage at times. The tank challenge, with reduced HP bc of the debuff you don’t have much flexibility.

Please tell me how this numerically makes sense when you have reduced leech and vastly reduced hp. On average players have 6 k hp in the fight. Thats not a lot of room for HP gain if you suddenly lose it from constant chip damage.

Honestly this just tells me that you haven’t even touched the Challenges.

Edit: For clarity I want it to be a CHALLENGE. But for it to be challenging means the mechanics not bc the numbers are so bloated that makes it near impossible on top of the mechanics.

4 Likes

This isnt what anyone asked for.

Stop trolling. Some of the encounters are so overtuned that they are borderline if not completely impossible.

5 Likes

Im guessing that 99% of those who are saying its fine, have not stepped into it at all, and probably didnt in Legion either.

3 Likes

Why do you care if people are annoyed by something? Lol

people stating average players can’t do it are crazy. i’ve seen quite a few average players in here saying they done it so your argument is quite crazy.

1 Like