These tank nerfs are terrible top to bottom

I’m a HEALER not a support does that answer your question?

Oh, you don’t have damage buttons? Buff buttons? Buttons that do things other than heal your target?

Because my HPriest has: Holy Fire (a DD/DoRT), SWP (same), Smite (great filler), Holy Nova (AoE DPS/HPS), Halo (Partywide HPS/DPS), Shadowfiend (Pet)…

And somehow I find a way to squeeze all of them in and not let my DoTs drop. Tank at 85% with no tankbuster incoming? Time to become a Smite Mage my dude!

EDIT: Hell, I use PW: Shield and Renew to mitigate future damage so I can, guess what, DPS EVEN MORE.

The point is, you’re playing an Evoker, NOT a one-dimensional ‘healer’. It’s a support class, and there is a massive difference between ‘healing your party’ and ‘ensuring their survival’.

I really dont think this is gonna hurt tanks that much lol.

Brewmaster monk has needed a buff, I’ve been reading that since Alpha for DF.

1 Like

if you’re balancing around m0 then we should nerf DPS by around 40% so the bosses get a chance to do their mechanics.

2 Likes

In pvp it was needed, but not in pve

Blizzard: “We want healers to be able to dps” Also Blizzard: “Were nerfing tanks sustain”. Yup makes total sense.

2 Likes

I just rerolled MW on my monk due to this change, it’s good MW is in a really good spot right now

Not my job to damage I’m the Healer not the DPS

Lemme see got blessing of the bronze which is basically press and forget and got Fury of the Aspects which is on a 5 minute cooldown and applies the exhausted debugf for 10 minutes so yes but no.

Hmmm got Rescue, Temporal Anomaly which does something I think and Time Dilation :dracthyr_shrug:

So basically most of my kit is damage mitigation and healing very little support :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Blizzard should know better. It’s always better to get a buff than a nerf. They should have erred on the side of tanks not being strong enough than too strong. That way they could have always rolled out a buff, and everyone would have been over the moon.

Oh well. They won’t learn anything. They never do.

I remember them not that long ago stating they wanted healers to heal

Your ‘job’, same as the rest of the party, is to defeat the encounter. What does it matter how low everyone finishes as long as the fight ends with your side still standing? As long as everyone is above 0 HP, you’ve done your job right.

I’d be bored out of my mind doing nothing but spamming Heal on my tank over and over, especially with how heavy it can crit, or just waiting for PW: Life to glow so I can restore the tank’s entire HP bar.

Plus, if everyone’s doing well HP-wise, why aren’t you contributing DPS? The tank isn’t going to suddenly drop dead from 70%, they have tools to mitigate, and DPS shouldn’t drop dead unless they disrespect mechanics, and even THEY have mitigation tools.

I just retired from tanking and switched to DPS. It’s fun now having no pressure from having to learn all the dungeons and mechanics, teach it to others in my groups, or having to face any criticism if I make a mistake while leading the group. Now I can relax as a DPS and just focus on one aspect of the game which is to pew pew.

1 Like

DPS are, largely, barely able to outpace tanks by a significant margin. If anything they need to buff M0 significantly.

ive mostly seen tanks being jerks so yeah they needed this to humble them a bit

5 Likes

There are at least 100 healers for every tank.

I get it you don’t want to be a healer and just want to abuse the fast ques :dracthyr_tea:

Healer is a support role. Sorry to break to you.

1 Like

And the worst part about this is that these crazy developers are basing this tank nerf off heroics normals and mythic 0s.

They don’t even know the affects this is going to have on higher keys and raids

2 Likes

I don’t want to be a ‘healer’, because that’s completely one-dimensional and ignores several very nice buttons I find fun to press. I want to be a support player; healing when I must, dealing when I can, getting insta-queues and making people bow down to my notorious whims for their safety and continued lives.

More serious tone: You don’t want to bring excess healing, because excess healing doesn’t DO anything. If I heal a tank with a spell that restores 25% of their HP, but they’re already at 90% HP, I’ve effectively ‘wasted’ 15% of my healing. Which means I have a GCD to spare, so why not throw a Smite or SWP or Holy Fire at the boss? You only bring as much healing as your group absolutely needs; otherwise it’s time to bring out the DPS to end the encounter because no amount of healing is going to kill a boss.