These tank nerfs are terrible top to bottom

some of these tanks were practically immortal. Im fine with the nerfs.

Yes which is a problem that also needs to be guess what solved Blizzard needs to stop ignoring these things and start stepping in and dealing with it.

Anyone who doesn’t agree with these nerfs is just flat out ignorant to how powerful tanks were/are. You literally do not need a healer as a tank whatsoever in these m0s, and this is at the absolute bottom in terms of player power currently

If you have even a remotely competent tank in your group as a healer, I guarantee you could take the tank completely off your party frames and it would make no difference

6 Likes

Tell it to Brewmasters

What do you people expect ???

Everyone here stays QUIET when someone makes an incorrect QQ crying thread about the wrong classes being “OP”. Those threads stay up and mostly nobody refutes them. It ends up looming like that’s what the community wants.

Be more vocal about the ignorance on the forums.

Some of the nerfs did to happen (the DH. And rogue nerfs especially)

But I agree the tank nerfs didn’t need too.

Neither did the warlock nerfs

As I posted in another thread, they needed to buff mitigation by a lot and heavily nerf sustain and the desired effect would’ve been achieved. So, less self healing, less self shielding. Tanks are super tough, but not immortal without a healer, healers have to pay more attention to health pools, and tanks are no longer self-sustaining behemoths.

The current nerf is the wrong direction.

The world is over because of 10% nerf. /s

If tanks were capable of running M0 straight from dinging then a 10% nerf isn’t game breaking.

I dont know why so many tanks are pulling whole dungeons right now, but its annoying

4 Likes

They kill 2 birds with 1 stone with this change. Tanks now take even more increased damage in pvp without them having to make direct pvp changes.

If you look closely you can see overperforming guardian druids taking a big hit.

1 guardian druid with the ancient artifact could solo an entire raid of enemy players in 10 seconds. Seen it happen at least 3 times.

10% tenchar

There have been tank players who have soloed +20 mythics (not in time mind you).

DKs before this nerf only need a group to make it go faster. Not to get it done.

They’re completely destroying guardians for pvp. Idek if I want to play the class now.

Could have literally left BrM off of that nerf and it would still be the squishiest tank by far. lol

Well, lets take the most underplayed role and make it even more underplayed.

I give up. sigh

2 Likes

m0 has always been a joke, why balance around tanks doing big pulls while outgearing the content?

prot warrior was the one that got nerfed less out of all of them lmao

The same is true AFTER the nerf. It only moves the maximum bar by a tiny amount. The world definitely isn’t falling.

I don’t understand why Blizzard is going to nerf the least played role and make the role even less desirable to play. If they are going to give all tanks a flat physical damage reduction passive nerf then at least replace that reduction % with a damage buff. They did nothing to help the tank shortage by incentivizing players to take on the role with the most responsibility, they only made it worse 4 days before mythic+/raid release.

2 Likes

Nerfing all the tanks for 10% when not all tanks are equal is a problem, moreso if the best tank gets the smallest nerf as they nerfed something they were not even using.

Meanwhile brewmaster, an already squishy tank compared to them all, with the least self healing got also nerfed for 10%, they’ll be unplayable in relatively high keys.

this also has a negative effect on the worst healers, namely resto shaman.

1 Like

In what universe is ‘my tank is healthy so I don’t need to heal them’ is a bad thing for support players? Get out those damage buttons and start tapping them! You don’t need to toss the tank a Heal when they’re at 90%, you can squeeze out a Holy Fire and SWP.

Support players should be able to have their damage buttons on the hotbar to give them something to do between mitigation and forced damage.

EDIT: As far as PvP, the answer has been, is now, and always will be standardization. I know we all like our iLVL and gear to be paramount and get all of our trinkets/legendary/etc, but there needs to be a sync across all participants.

It’s 10% to certain tanking abilities/passives. It’s not the end of the world.