There's no reason for new players to invest into this game

all you do is complain geez, and here you are, with a Pandaren DK…

2 Likes

of course, game needs more stuff to challenge people, and to create incentives for people to get better.

1 Like

I don’t see you with a mage tower appearance. Which begs the question, could you do the mage tower? Well, could you?

From the outside, there is absolutely appeal to playing this game. Once you uncover the grindy mess of a game it is, well…

Yeah. On about 12 specs

Most before tomb opened

Why did they remove the legendary ring quests in WoD?
I want to see Garoooooooonah
(Lazy to find right spell of her name)
And Khadgar’s irritating quests hehe

Oh that was because I was planning to play 8.3 and bought the expansion, faction change, race change, sub with tokens since i had a couple of mil gold, only reason i have sub until feb 10.

No way im spending my money on WoW lol, I havent even touched 8.3 in any of my chars and wont be, so until then i ll just use the forums as a way to get some entertainment out of the sub

1 Like

You spend an awful lot of time on these forums criticizing players who express themselves unhappy with the game.

If you like the game so much, why aren’t you playing?

Are you a Blizzard employee?

Are you being paid to lurk in the forums and give players who aren’t happy with the game a hard time?

6 Likes

This is a major beef I have. Let the ones who did it when fresh, get their special reward, an achievement or plaque and leave the content itself for everyone else to do.

5 Likes

This will change in 9.0 though. They are doing that on purpose to make this game more inviting for new players and alts.

What specifically is going to change to make it more alt-friendly and more welcoming to new players?

Ion keeps telling us things like the game wasn’t getting new players because new players wanted a horribly boring and grindy version of level scaling. And remember, the same team that is still hard at work making the current expansion extremely alt-unfriendly is telling us how they have turned it around for shadowlands. Please buy now before you find out how it actually works.

5 Likes

Aside from making it easier to get to Shadowlands content by doing only a single expansion?

I’m not sure what it is you’re fishing for here.

You must be joking. Really. Does he really thinks that wow don’t get new players because of the lack of grinding?
Oh pls. No kidding.
Edit) The importance of the leader…
Let Anduin do that

1 Like

A quick check of your activity shows that you generally criticize anyone who has anything negative to say about WoW and/or this patch/expansion. So I’ll ask the same thing of you in reverse:

Say something negative about the game. There must be something you don’t like.

2 Likes

You sound like you’re the one who’s fishing. We have hardly any of the details.

“Ion told us it’s going to be alt-friendly and would bring in lots of new players. Therefore this will be what happens.”

How many new players did level scaling bring in? How many new players did pathfinder bring in? I realize that pathfinder didn’t promise to bring in new players. But if that promise had been made it would have been a lie. Nobody ever joined wow because of pathfinder. How many have quit over the various issues of flight restriction? A lot.

My guess is they’re planning on cutting a lot more old content that they find inconvenient to support. We’ll be seeing lots of other unexpected changes, just as we did with level scaling.

This is barely a “world” of warcraft now. When did it stop being a world where people traveled from place to place and instead become a virtue to avoid traveling at all costs?

The appeal that WoW has ALWAYS had even into the modern era of MMOs is that it’s endgame content is top notch. No other MMO really pulls of dungeon and raid content as well as WoW does.

If someone isn’t coming to WoW for that (or its RP scene), I’d agree they should stay away. Many other MMOs are better if you’re only interested in a casual “playthrough”. Because that’s what many other MMOs focus on to the detriment of higher-end organized content.

1 Like

your examples would have new players farming said raid and dungeons for the entire life of the game as they are always rewarding and scaled up to be relevant like you said. 6 months is allot better than the same thing forever. If you wanna complain at least make sense with it

I started in the middle of BFA about a year ago and I would say I’m pretty invested in the game.

All the stuff you mention can be discouraging or disappointing to new players but I don’t think they are what makes or breaks the experience. What does? Guilds.
I would not be playing this game as much as I do without the guild I’m in. Might not be true for everyone but I think its the main reason you would play an MMO instead of a single player RPG.

No, they aren’t cutting anything.

They’ve already told us how we will level from level 1 in Shadowlands.

You need to do some research before you start spouting your random fantasies. I don’t think you’ve paid attention to anything they’ve said.

idk about you but I’m looking forward to the horrible retcons and personality-makeovers of alllllll our favorite dead guys in shadowlands. :+1:

er, i mean, i like the lore too! :grin:

1 Like