There you are Holy Priests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I55fT8F8xC8

Getting some props

3 Likes

I’m glad that content creators start giving Hpriest some love to change that toxic mentality throughout the community about the spec

4 Likes

Somebody actually posted some accurate info for once regarding the game changing strengths of the Flash Concentration legendary.

1 Like

And one of the most popular m+ healers that streams and makes YouTube content, to boot. He also didn’t spend the whole video going “loljustplaydisc” like a lot of others do.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed people being less antagonistic about the state of Holy on the forum as a whole. Compared to BFA’s last season in M+… Holy is leaps & bounds better. 9.1 will probably have more big changes as 9.0.5 is to see where everyone stands with Disc nerfs.

Something I’ve been saying for a while is that Holy is like right on the edge of being competitive with Flash Concentration.

I think what actually brought notice back to it was Jak trying it for Grievous week and ending up doing his highest keys overall on Holy (and taking the #1 Holy slot, as well as completing the #1 Holy key by 2 key levels), saying he might just swap to Holy for his M+ runs.

Something else I’ve said in a few threads (and hold to) is that if Benevolent Faerie actually becomes something valued by top guilds for raid, a lot of the WF guilds are gonna have a Holy Priest - because they’re the spec most capable of using it, and Holy scales very well with gear, so HPS shouldn’t be a concern next tier. If they don’t value it, most likely they still just take the Disc priest. But again, that leaves Holy VERY close to being a meta raid healer too.

1 Like

I don’t see NF being that meta where the Priest has to give up their Benevolent Faerie CDR on Divine Hymn to some DPS. I foresee the Guardian Faerie having the biggest use as a called-upon tank defensive cooldown though.

Divine Hymn’s new 20% healing increase for 15s will see a lot more increased tactical use for pre-use before tough phases. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they nerf it down from 20% to something lower.

Look at you all so happy. About time :slight_smile:

I dont have flash for a leggo, i have harmonious. But i might have to look at it

After the buff to Flashcon, It is less clunky in m+ especially. Already crafted rank 4.

Thank you, my goodness. The guy talks as if he plays the spec. or something…preposterous.

He hit it on the head describing Disc., and people in PUGs need to get this in their heads, in that it is best for ORGANIZED groups. It also really shines in raids.

Holy is a much better fit for M+ PUGs. It’s a better triage healer, which is needed to spot heal all the DISORGANIZATION that comes with PUGs. Especially with this “Kite Meta” bs that tanks are doing peppering the group with random mechanics that they should be tanking.

1 Like

FC allow holy to do higher keys, but that doesn’t mean that holy priests are good in m+ compare to a class like resto shaman. Holy is still one of the worst healer in m+ along with MW even with the FC legendary. Resto shaman is just better version of throughput healer than holy. They have higher throughput even without any legendaries and they bring much better utilities. So why would any group ever take a holy priest over resto shaman? Unless they buff throughout, utilities and survival on holy priest, holy will always be lower tier healer in mythic+. Even with the current holy buffs in ptr, no one is going to invite holy priest for mythic raid or higher keys.

IO score > class for healers in M+ unless you’re filling a specific last slot.

Priests mesh extremely well with certain classes with PIs and can make them do big burst on trash to clear through runs faster.

Next week is another push week with Volcanic/Bursting so Priests will be at the forefront of that.

1 Like

That is not what raider IO ranking is telling me. Above 15+, there are only 7.8% holy priest as a healer. And at 20+ there are only 1.8% holy priest as healer. I am not saying holy priest can’t do mythic +. I am saying they are the second worst healer in mythic+ even with the FC legendary. Even at +15 people rather invite 1100 IO resto shaman over 1400 holy priest. And they are not viable at very high key unless they run with very strong static party. In mythic raid, there is absolutely zero reason to take holy priest since they don’t bring anything to the raid and doesn’t have that great of throughput and raid utility.

Not sure what to say. I get accepted to 80-90% of the groups I apply too and there’s multiple people in this forum doing 18 and higher keys. Hellokyuri just broke 2k io as well.

So it’s not the class. Also, I would much rather play with a good dedicated group than pugs all day anyway. Timing keys 18 and higher via PUGs is hard. It reminds me of trying to time 25s and higher from BFA.

It you get accepted to 80-90% then good for you, but that is a very small sample. I am just looking at statistic and it shows that the holy priests are the second worst healer in mythic+ and the worst healer in mythic raid. Numbers don’t lie. Another issue with holy priest is that our role overlaps (throughput healer) with resto shaman. And resto shamans are far superior to holy priest every in aspect. Holy priests are probably the easiest play and people should have no problem doing +15s and heroic raid, but it doesn’t change the fact that they are one of the bottom tier healer.

After 9.0.5 it should be on par with Disc in raid…other than Hungering and Sire.

Post your logs and maybe we can help you out with tips?

After the nerfs I see Holy being on parity or better even on Mythic Hungering. It’s about a 1k hps nerf they’re getting if you do the math.

Nah, Disc can do 12k hps on hungering right now. Literally broken.

It won’t change much for holy even after disc gets nerfed. Disc has the best raid damage mitigation with barrier and spirit shell. So people will still take one disc priest to the mythic raid even after they get nerfed. But still no reason to bring a holy priest, it’s better to just take another resto shaman.

I mean yeah…you would prefer 2-3 shamans for Councils and Sludgefist. But the Disc player can play Holy in those bosses. It won’t change anything much. After 9.0.5 ofc.