There will always be a bottom dps spec

The data you are using is old and doesn’t include what you will gain from the bug fix though. Dunno whats so hard to grasp about that.

Its my thread brotato, I’m the host of this conversation and will interject anywhere I choose to.

I’m using a parse from yesterday. The hotfix was last week. The parse I’ve used has 2.47% of their damage from Hammer of Wrath AFTER the useless hotfix.

:trolleybus: :trolleybus:

Then educate yourself before appearing a fool.

2 Likes

I understand why people use PW as a ruler, because it really is the only fight in which you can, but it is such a poor measuring stick for a class as a whole. There are not many tank and spank fights like PW, and all it does is parse your Max ST damage over a very short window. Most of the fights moving forward will have adds, multi targets, or multi phases. Ret parses a lot better in multi target fights.

Look I get you are mad because you are at the bottom of the meter but its not my fault. Since you are obviously so heated to the point of being beyond civil in this discussion I’m just going to stop feeding you.

Like I said before have a great night. By all means please continue with your outbursts.

I don’t play Ret.

:clown_face:

3 Likes

Then why are you so angry?

I’m calling out a troll for trolling and then proving you are trolling or at the very least, clueless about the topic.

Either or, that’s all I’m doing. Anyways, have fun!

2 Likes

90% of the time when one poster is calling another one a troll is because they are upset over something that was said. Sorry if I offended you it was not intended. Have a great night.

Either way only one of us has been civil and respectful in this back and forth. Spoilers: It wasn’t you.

My guild raided yesterday and this is the Rets % damage of HoW…

Patchwerk - 3.68%
Grobbulus - 4.10%
Gluth - 3.95%
Thaddius - 4.11%
Noth - 2.74%
Heigan - 3.73%
Loatheb - 2.96%
Anub - 3.24%
Faerlina - 4.22%
Maexxna - 5.15%
Rezuv - 3.54%
Gothik - 3.26%
Four Horsemen - 1.69%
Sapph - 3.96%
KT - 3.31%

It seems fine to me. Here’s the log.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/82vKZfzpDmM9NRqG#type=damage-done&fight=4

3 Likes

but bro according to this guy no one takes ret pally so how could you have this data :man_facepalming:… so wait this chart shows people are taking ret pallies after all im shocked

4 Likes

You guys don’t even know what you’re trying to argue, rofl. What does that damage chart the clueless Mage posted thinks it proves?

The hotfix was not a tremendous DPS increase. It’s less than half a percent, go read the hotfix, actually read it. Read it five times if you must.

Didn’t say that but trolls gonna troll. I’m making the argument that as time goes on, more and more Ret Paladins are going to quit the game or reroll because the spec is being quickly recognized as awful and the reality of DPS in Ulduar and beyond looks dismal.

1 Like

Dude you don’t even play ret so its easy to see how you don’t understand that the bug fix helps them.

Despite that there is no need to come in here and spout insults to others who are being respectful to you. If you can’t behave yourself please just stop posting.

not the data and the facts :joy: :joy: :joy:

What facts? 3.68% on Patchwerk. Let’s look at his guild’s Ret November 10th kill:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FZ8KkDm1AXabQHj3#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=8

3.20% of his damage. Oh… it’s:

Wow, what a significant DPS increase! Totally invalidates all the complaints.

:clown_face: world.

2 Likes

Or people will play the spec because they actually enjoy playing that spec. It was a bug, they fixed the bug nothing more nothing less. Did you want them to change how it scaled too?

Huh? You don’t even know what we were arguing about, do you?

Do you think less than half a percent DPS on Patchwerk is significant, Heydownthere?

2 Likes

I think them fixing a bug is significant.

2 Likes

Way to dodge the question. This Nocht fellow is pretending that Ret is fine because of a Hammer of Wrath bugfix that amounts to a 0.4% DPS increase.

3 Likes

No I am acknowledging that Ret is fine because taking one with you won’t prevent you from killing a boss in a raid.

However I did add that your damage is lower than it should of been due to a bug, a bug that blizzard has fixed for you and going forward the new data will show how viable you still are.

They fixed a bug, they didn’t say that they’re buffing HoW they simply fixed a bug. Paladins are fine, they have 2 specs that are pretty much the best at what they do and while I know you’re not asking for much I don’t see a reason to actually buff them because Paladins as a whole are very strong already.