There will always be a bottom dps spec

As long as we let warlocks have the patch cycle where GC over buffed conflagrate and let it double dip off shadow and flame. I wouldn’t mind dropping 20k conflags again.

Top Maexxna parse is an UH DK at 15,816 in 42 seconds.
Top Maexxna parse for Ret is 6,936.

Here’s a Shadowmourne, full WoTLK end phase BiS Ret Paladin 42 second Patchwerk sim (so the Ret gets Crusade, Sense Undead Glyph, etc):

Ends up being about 13,500 DPS if the sim had Maexxna as an option.

:clown_face:

1 Like

I think it’s a matter of how much that people don’t like.

Using a sub 1 min fight as a benchmark isn’t good practice. DK’s rely on snapshotting their pet which includes prep from weapon swapping to meta swapping. Ret will never be able to catch them in a ST fight.

Can’t Fire Mages get like 30-50k dps in ICC? (this is based on Pservers)

It’s actually insane.

Ret Paladin Deserves Slight Buff - #458 by Aggrend-1483 please read specifically 3rd paragraph.

Link is broken.

EDIT: wait it’s working now.

fixed not sure what happened then

Using Paladins as an example, we are hard pressed to think of a class that is more well-represented in Wrath Classic raiding across multiple specializations. Holy is one of the strongest healing specs in Wrath of the Lich King, and Protection Paladins have never been stronger tanks. While Ret is not at the top of the meters relative to other damage specs, they provide stellar raid utility across the course of the entire expansion with several key raid buffs, including Sanctified Retribution, the effect of which is only shared by Beast Mastery Hunters (another spec that is traditionally seen as a PvP spec and has lower representation in raids) and Arcane Mages (a spec that scales well early, but starts to taper off later into the expansion). Additionally, late last week we fixed a bug with Hammer of Wrath that was causing it to not scale properly from Melee attack power, which should be a fairly significant increase to Retribution damage, especially on longer fights with sizable execute phases.

I feel like Ret Paladin is like Frost Mage, doesn’t perform as well in raids, is more of a leveling/PvP spec and the other 2 specs are completly fine so there’s no reason to buff frost.

And yes I need to relate everything to Mages.

So they fixed a bug that was preventing Hammer or Wrath from scaling with attack power late last week. Wouldn’t that mean that 99% of the data Rets are using as evidence of their class performing poorly is skewed now?

More often than not, raids will carry at least 1 Ret for the utility and buffs.

Yeah I get that which I guess where the comparisons end but personally I wouldn’t get too fussed about where I place on the DPS meters I’d be more fussed over where I place compared to other Rets.

Yeah man, that 0.4% DPS increase invalidates everything.

2 Likes

Show me the evidence that Hammer of Wrath is only 0.4% of your dps.

I guess I can look into it.

The bugfix amounts to 0.4% DPS increase.

I’m going to quote something valuable I said earlier:

1 Like

You can’t prove it so you are going to back peddle into insults?

I wasn’t being rude with you either so I don’t understand why you are getting so bent over me asking for evidence to prove your claim.

What do I need to prove? You didn’t even properly quote the bugfix and then misinterpreted what I said. You’re not here for honest conversation, you’re here to:

:trolleybus:

2 Likes

you missed this part lol

2 Likes

Seems like HoW is like ~3% of a Rets DPS.

1 Like