There seems to be an issue with specifically R1/Glad cutoffs

Due to how bogged down the ticketing system is right now, all tickets I open are being returned with automated responses

Posting for visibility, as I am directly effected by this. I am aware that in season three, not only were there 0 disqualifications, but the inactive teams on the ladder also soaked glad slots. This season, there are 2 inactive teams soaking glad slots, and 3 disqualified teams also soaking glad slots. The peculiar thing is that the cutoffs DID update and DID have movment… just not the glad/rank 1 cutoffs. Duelist/rival/challenger all went lower today. I tried extremely hard this season to get glad, and I rightfully earned it so it would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed, seeing as if those 5 teams were removed, I would jump from 163rd to 158th, and there were 159 glad slots in 2’s.

Edit for further clarification and open letter to blizzard

I’d like to get further into specifics. When I say there are 2 “inactive” teams, “inactive” is defined as a team that has no players on the roster within personal rating range and therefore is a “dead/inactive” team. I think it’s fairly obvious as to why these team charters should not soak gladiator slots. Let’s say two extremely skilled players were out on a mission to grief the ladder and troll the community. They could, in theory, level 100+ teams to 2900 rating, and have friends hold the charter with no personal. As of now, those teams would still soak and consume gladiator slots on the ladder. This is obviously a huge problem which thankfully gets fixed in Wrath, but has not been addressed for the season 3/4 ladders for titles and rewards.

The two inactive teams:
**Professional Rawdogger, 24th place, 2950 rating, one player on charter “chansalty” with 0 games played and 1000 personal rating **
**ttv kyootbot, 83rd place, 2769 team rating, three players on the charter “origx” with 33 games played and 1936 personal rating, “Alfredborden” with 0 games and 1000 personal and “Meleewarlock” with 0 games and 1000 personal. ** Below are links to said teams.
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Grobbulus/2/1369368/ <—professional rawdogger
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Benediction/2/1994011/ <---- ttv kyootbot

There are also three teams which have been disqualified and, yes, are currently soaking gladiator slots on the ladder despite being banned, not receiving the title, and not receiving the mount.

The three banned/disqualified teams:
"Mana Regen", 58th place, 2796 rating. https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Whitemane/2/1384293/
adsfaghs, 133rd place, 2753 rating, 2 way tie
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Faerlina/2/1758133/
Prot Main BTW, 133rd place, 2753 rating, 2 way tie
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Faerlina/2/2078132/

Above are the confirmed banned and inactive teams, but there are also 2 teams which have had players banned FROM their teams for what I imagine would be piloting, and should at the very least be considered for disqualification, though I suppose blizzard may have their reasons.

The two teams with partial bans:
CHEEBO LOVES EUNJIN, 142nd place, 2751 rating
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Whitemane/2/1434240/
(You will notice that “Mihawk” was also on this team, the player who was banned earlier in this list)
"Khal we belive for u", 152nd place, 2749 rating
https://ironforge.pro/pvp/team/Benediction/2/2106011/

I cannot confirm that these teams would be eligible for disqualification, but being as they both have players on them that were banned entirely from the ladder, they should at least be considered.

Open Letter
I have been playing wow since 2005. I’ve been playing blizzard games ever since I was a young child, all the way back to “Warcraft: Orcs and Humans”. The game I’ve loved by far the most is WoW. I know Blizzard has been getting a lot of hate lately, and I won’t get into the specifics or the politics of any of that, but I do know one thing, for all the years I’ve played WoW Blizzard has -always- cared about integrity, and more importantly, has always cared about the little guy. If something was blatantly wrong and unjust, it has never mattered how few people it effects, blizzard has taken care of it. I know that the plate is heavy right now, an expansion looming a mere couple weeks away, and I know that this issue only effects ten, maybe twenty people at the most… I can’t speak for those people, but I know that for me, it would mean the world to me. I grinded and practiced for four long seasons, improving with each season, and on the final season of TBC that would ever exist in an official capacity, we went all out for glad this season. I feel the need to stress that we achieved our goal. That being said, due to the ladder not being adjusted to reflect the inactive teams and disqualified teams, we received duelist. So I’ll end it with this: please, remember the little guys. Remember the small, the dedicated, the passionate players that have been with you all these years. Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope a blue responds to this post.

26 Likes

Wow if this is true something should be done. I saw a lot of people on Grobbulus trying to sell something called “injections” where they said they can add you to a team and boost your rank… scumbags!!!

Edit: before anyone asks yes I did speak up but when I did people made fun of me

the selling of those has nothing to do with his posting

probably because of your childish and immature name

I never said it did?

I said “wow if this is true something should be done”

Then I added something I saw happening on my server…

We are an RP realm mega realm rat wouldn’t understand

I noticed this too. Duelist, Rival, and Challenger titles all had their cutoffs lowered after this morning’s Tuesday maintenance. Gladiator and rank 1 gladiator did not have the cutoffs adjusted to compensate for the disqualified teams.

1 Like

All Mighty Gaylords in chicago were a reckoning.

2 Likes

Spectator mode should be tested in classic before its released in retail. All the seeing eyes and their nimble fingers typing tickets away.

Give my boy glad he deserves it @blizzard make things right!

Blizzard, should really fix this. It’s such a simple thing. Adjust the gladiator and rank 1 cutoffs to factor for all the teams that were disqualified. This happened in season 1 and season 2.

This made me lol :laughing:

1 Like

Agreed, there’s no reason the glad cutoff shouldn’t have updated. This is yet another slap in the face to the arena playerbase. What’s the point of DQs if they still take up slots?

Surely they don’t make the same mistake they did in s3.

Just saw the edit. Yeah this is complete BS. If you DQ the people in 1st and 2nd place the person who came in third should get 1st place. It’s pretty simple and Blizzard not doing anything about this shows that they don’t care about the people who keep the lights on…

1 Like

Professional Rawdogger has been disbanded. Lets get these guys the titles they should be eligible for.

6 Likes

Posting in support of a friend. Nothing is more soul crushing than watching someone you care about put their blood sweat and tears into a goal, achieve it, but not get the reward they deserve. This is not the Blizzard we remember.

3 Likes

Also here in support of a friend. Inactive and banned teams/players should not take up slots for any of the rankings, especially not the higher tier.

1 Like

So many people sell glad titles and boosts team for RMT through twitch subs and the like. This is nothing new and I doubt they will do anything about it.

It’s surprising to me how much effort goes into making blizzard games competitive, yet the ladder here seems so poorly regulated it would seem blizzard doesn’t care. That would be the case if, however, the lower rankings were not already adjusted. In the light that all titles exempting gladiator were reduced in required ranking it’s hard to speculate reasoning behind the glad titles exception when you’d think it’d be the one blizzard would care about the most. A job half finished isn’t the kind of quality players want to see in the game they play. Finish adjusting all the rankings for everyone and let players who earned the title wear it with pride.

1 Like