There is NO PvP in AV Anymore...Very Sad

Epic BGs are games that aren’t supposed to be finished in under 30 mins. There should be massive PvP over objectives to win the fight. These battles should be memorable not something you do with 1 hand while watching Netflix. Epics are the joke of PvP since there isn’t any PvP in them.

Epic BGs are a BFA War NPC War Campaign.

Again simple fix for AV 50 KBs near a tower to cap it. You need to get 3 Towers down to attack Boss. Make it an actual PvP objective map again.

3 Likes

Best would be to buff all the NPC’s 200 percent . Then you will need to down 4 towers to kill the boss .

2 Likes

I like to pvp in AV too, the current state makes me sad.

1 Like

PvP has been missing from AV since Cata when the honor/hour folks started to floodn it and changed the meta from epic scale battle to boss rush.

2 Likes

Yeah…while it’s cool to get honor, the whole “race” aspect sucks. Especially with the right makeup you can just down the boss with no towers down (Alliance just did that to us)

2 Likes

I too am disappointed in the current state of Alterac Valley. If I am forced to spend 30 minutes in Wintergrasp then there is no reason they shouldn’t buff AV NPCs to force teams to kill mid map characters and burn towers.

3 Likes

I posted this in general discussion where there’s more likely a chance to be heard by developers. I’m being shouted down by PvE honor farmers. It’s fun.

Feel free to post so there’s more of a balance though. AV sucks and is not fun right now.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-fix-alterac-valley-at-max-level/775943

I have seen this happen on every expansion launch with AV. It usually takes them several months to fix it.

I wish they would hurry up.

First, trying to “command” a bunch of PUG players is not the most simple thing to do, especially when the hivemind says ‘rush the boss’. Second, turtles are not fun at all. 40v40 doesn’t literally mean 40 players in the road against 40 players. There should be a few at each tower, spread over the graveyards, caves etc. Multiple battles around the huge map. This is why Ashran is the worst BG and AV follows these tactics.

That’s a dumb idea, the easy way to fix is just make the bosses stronger so you can’t zerg. It’s only fast now because the bosses are weak enough to do with only 1 or 2 towers.

It’s a dumb idea to PvP over an objective :thinking: :man_facepalming:t2:

It won’t make AV great, you make AV great by PvPin over objectives. What they should do is have a battle at field of strife and the winning team gets a buff. That way at the start of AV there is a massive clash.

Then there should be big PvP battles over these towers. Then you can have ninja and back cappers. We want to promote engaging PvP combat.

We want PvP not stronger bosses. Honestly we could remove the bosses and make it about resources.

If you haven’t noticed, Blizzard focuses on PvE. It’s literally all they know.

Every single decision is based around PvE.

Their PvP team is absolutely the worst. They need to hire developers from EQ, AC, Ultima Online to get some REAL PvP balance, objectives, and battlegrounds.

We have all fought so many AVs that we just want to get it over with and grab our small daily reward.

Still, I usually guard or attack towers so I can pvp and get it over with.

That’s another problem. The presence of a unique first-win bonus for epic BG’s makes all PVP’ers feel obligated to do it even when they might not like that form of PVP.

Make the commanders invulnerable till you burn all 4 bunkers/towers and the captains. if it results in these fights tanking very long then just adjust the honor rewards accordingly

I’m actually enjoying AV being fast at the moment. In BfA it could be a long boring turtle where most of your team would leave before the end. I guess we could have two versions of AV and have the Korracks Revenge as the other version.

I can’t believe I’m even considering this post but… I look forward to Ashrans now because at least you can get some decent fights out of it.

I’m all for making AV quicker, up the npc boss and lieutenant buffs and shorten the tickets by half or so, so turtling doesn’t carry it on forever. But being able to hop in and be done in 6 minutes kind of sucks.

One good news is that it finally make it possible to do the “Win AV in less then 6mins” achievement!

The problem with AV was always that your average person doesn’t understand what to do when they can’t just zerg the general.

So they then proceed to slam their head against a single objective for 30 minutes and are stunned when they lose. if you actually turn in your materials you’ll get cavalry charges, commando groups and the elemental summon.

Then people would just turtle and you’d have this goofy situation where the best way to destroy towers and bunkers would instead be to ensure you have all the closest graveyards so that you can just spam players on it.

2 Likes

This is a fixable situation though. There can be AV changes and a guide on how to win. The players then can learn what to do to contribute in the BG. Would be really cool that a guide and different strats are needed for a BG again. That is how PvP happens.