There is a PvP Bot pandemic

My guy, this whole game is bot driven. Where have you been ?

Are these in retail or WoTLK classic?

I pretty much never saw PvP bots in retail, but in Classic they’re somewhat frequent due to the honor grind and the way PvP rankings used to work.

It’s also easier to sit back during a Wintergrasp or Isle of Conquest and folks won’t notice

I haven’t seen any retail PvP bots since Legion, I think? And they were abusing the world PvP areas, basically trading wins back and forth

A DF PvP bot would be news to me

Yeah, but no on this scale, and really not in pvp, usually people only do it for mob farming for matts

Retail, also to point out that there is litterally a bot ad for wow someone uploaded idk where, but shows them displaying it in Solo Shuffle.

For all that AI can do these days, pretending to be a WoW player would be pretty easy, so how can I be sure all of you are not bots?

Ah so these bots must only work at a pretty low level then, because retail PvP is the most complex version of WoW PvP.

Ain’t no way a bot is gonna be fully functional and cranking out wins, there’s just no way.

Must be a bot that just runs in and blows its cooldowns, could be pretty easy to play around once people figure out it’s a bot.

1 Like

Become a bot yourself!

Oh yeah, of course, I said that they are a pandemic in mostly low brackets, second those bots get to 2000, they are getting torn apart.

2 Likes

1 Like

You can actually just google “WoW DF Bots”, you will see some sites among the reddit/forum covers of this subject.

I’ve read rumors that some of the posters here, on these very forums, are also bots.

Sometimes I am a little suspicious of a number of posters, my self included.

Just, know, bots, I’m watching. Myself, included.

1 Like

Prove it, bub.

1 Like

Its not only PvP that has bots. There are at least 5 AH bots on my server. Bots are running freely in the Z. Caverns too.

Also WoW token is super high due to bots duping items in Chromie Time. Blizz doesn’t care because a bot is a MAU.

Are Blizz allowing bots because it would cost too much in sub fees to get rid of them? Naaa sounds too much like a conspiracy theory.

I remember when multiboxing was a frequently seen thing in game. Before Blizzard updated the TOS to restrict automated scripting. You couldn’t really go anywhere without stumbling onto a pod of boomkins spamming moonfire and star fall. Or DKs in BGs gripping people en masse.

Since Blizzard did what they did I don’t see them really at all anymore. I don’t think I’ve seen them anywhere in DF. Maybe since SLs, I don’t recall seeing multiboxers there.

This is what I think of when people cry “that the bots are everywhere. I just don’t see it as pervasive as it used to be.

1 Like

Aren’t they probably just bad players? What would be the purpose of that many bots in BGs.

1 Like

So, just did a 2v2 with a bot druid, and bot Warrior, how I know is the warrior stayed on my partner who was in a cyclone with bladestorm… we lost cause the druids bot was a god, damn thing cycloned me, and as I hit trink, it was already in middle of another cyclone… this crap is out of whack, these bots are like unstoppable gods at times. Nothing else can explaine how a play will know you are going to trinket, and no warrior will waste their bladestorm on a strong immune cc like cyclone, 1 bot is dumb as a rock, and 1 was a god. Its stupid at this point.

Response to the other recents, yes, blizzard stop caring for this game… Now I think chance’s of bots are now 18/20 games, its WAY too common now, it like doubled in just a few hours!

There are permissible add-ons that track players’ trinket CDs. So it’s somewhat possible to force a player to trinket by casting a dangerous ability or spell when that player’s trinket is available. Good players can deliberately bait enemy players into wasting a trinket.

Best ways to avoid Cyclone? Don’t let them cast Cyclone, or LoS the cast.

1 Like

Kind of impossible to do that when both players have limited kicks

Not sure why anyone cares for PvP anymore. Stop chasing after the sunk cost fallacy bait that is the top tier rewards, it’s not worth it and just a developer doubling down on a broken game mode that won’t stand up on its own.

It’s a no player agency take-a-turn game between trolls and botters. I quit Overwatch 1 before it was OW2 for this exact reason.

I got tired of reporting the same exact bots month after month. I got tired of watching match replays seeing how blatant some are. The company has had 2 decades to figure it out, and thus they will never figure it out. I got to the point of tracking bnets in an excel spreadsheet for a game like OW, so I knew they weren’t being banned.

1 Like