There are obviously some changes necessary for TBC

Theres a million suggestions about fixing drums, layering, server pop etc. and I’m sure you’ve already got some ideas going for what you really want to do when the time comes. This post isn’t about any of those changes.

While no one knows exactly what the best course of action is for TBC, most agree that having TBC servers that you can copy characters onto is the best solution. If you’re going with that solution, please let us roll new characters, including blood elf and dranei, a few weeks before the realms open up to character copying and the dark portal opens. It would make for a fun little launch event for those who enjoy that crazy low level rush that comes with a fresh server and would help those of us who want to roll a paladin or a shaman get their shiny new character up there to play with the rest of our friends when TBC hits. As an added bonus, it would even serve as a live test of the new servers before TBC launches.

I know it’s a pretty massive change from the original TBC, and definitely a bigger change than making drums less toxic or giving us more stuff to farm to combat over population, but I believe you would find many players in support of this simply because it would be a fun and enjoyable change that doesn’t detract from other’s fun. Even if you have to cap the max level any of these characters could reach to something like 30 or 40 the community would still love it.

3 Likes

Hey, I don’t want any blood elves squatting on my names if they allow fresh toons to be created before a copy.

They might allow a copy and then not open up the portal for a couple of weeks to allow people to level characters/jewelcrafting.

7 Likes

They could let us reserve the names of all our transferred characters ahead of time so that me and the other 5 ricardomilos on Mankrik can keep up our running gag on the TBC server. Just make the copied characters unavailable until the pre-release dark portal event begins.

1 Like

No copies! :no_entry_sign:

7 Likes

[citation needed]

If you were to leave a copy of the gold bloat in classic, and have that same gold bloat copied in TBC, both games will suffer. Complete transfer with a gold cap = best option. imho

2 Likes

Sorry, I was a private server player before classic launched and when the last server I was on did the character transfer thing they gave us a transfer cap just as you described, so I assumed it would happen this way on classic too. Either way I worded it badly, but I meant character transfers with gold caps lol

Fresh servers everyone starts at 58 is the only way to do it.

Phew, almost responded to the above poster before I noticed his name. Known troll.

Anyway, as long as there’s some option for a completely fresh server where everyone starts at 1 I’m fine with whatever they do. Though I think it’s best to keep it simple and keep the games separate. Classic servers, TBC servers, and Wrath servers with no interaction between them.

I honestly would love to have 1-2 TBC servers where everyone starts at level 1 and there is no way to transfer into the 1-2 servers from any other TBC server at any point. Would give some people who really like starting fresh a nice TBC server to do it on and would give the rest of us some fun races to watch during down time.

I know servers aren’t cheap but the more options they can give for TBC servers and possibly even adding new classic servers that start from scratch all sound like free money to me

Absolutely not! I am staying in Classic, you can’t force my character into TBC.

2 Likes

Allow the two new races 2 weeks before the dark portasl but they don’t get early access to outlands, leveling is in Azeroth only.

Making it so easy to reroll BE before portal even launches makes me wonder how bad the faction skew will be. The fact that you have to overcome the level grind again serves as a soft barrier to make it more appealing to stay on the alliance as opposed go just rerolling with the masses in pursuit of the more OP racials for end game content.

1 Like

Did I give the impression that everyone would be force transferred?

edit: and what gave you the impression that blizzard cannot do whatever it wants with your character.

I’m sorry but I disagree with all of your suggestions for trying to gain an unfair advantage over players that don’t play the way you play. None of your suggestions match the way it was when The Burning Crusade went live the first time. It doesn’t make sense to allow players to create blood elf or dranei a few weeks before the realms open up with The Burning Crusade on them.

Most agree that having existing servers expanded with The Burning Crusade and new servers kept with those that want to stay on Classic.

they can do anything they want lol

Most players make claims like this with no evidence beyond feels.

3 Likes

but they won’t do that because it would completely defeat the purpose of this museum piece.

1 Like

Yeah that happens a lot with private servers. I know that if a TBC private server starts at 1 or 58 it ends up being 80% horde or more almost every time. I’m hoping that by having people have their mains copied over and a level cap on the new characters, that people would still want to stick to their faction. Could make the cap as severe as level 20, so blood elves could only finish up to the ghostlands leaving them to do the next 40 levels on launch while most of the playerbase is off in TBC.

Thank you for stating the obvious that the original poster has done. However you conveniently overlooked that one :slight_smile:

There is a vast difference between

and

2 Likes