There are no longer any healthy servers left to play on

I was in a spot of trying to figure out what to do with my alliance a few months back. So I researched and I researched.

I found that, for me, Benediction is basically the equivalent of playing on Retail. People in pugs are what you’d find in LFD and you never expect to see them again, people aren’t really nice to each other and flake out or guild hop all the time, many people on Benediction alliance say themselves that there is no community and they miss the servers they transferred from, the Discord and the chats I found both of those boring for such a large server.

Then on top of that one of my friends transferred there and quit soon after because they hated the server and others started only raid logging because they hated the server culture.

So what’s the point of playing money to play on that? Might as well play Retail, it has more content, and you just click a button for fast groups.

I actually hate being mean about these mega servers because it’s fine that some people enjoy them. but attitudes like this are all over the forums. it’s always about the money etc, it couldn’t be anything else. There’s no care or thought at all for what that person wants out of the game. Frankly, that’s exactly what I expect from one of the players who love Benediction. No care about or thought for others.

Now you’re just being obtuse. The FACT is that Bene was at one time a good PvP server for both factions. That ended when Blizzard let every Alliance and their grandmothers transfer there. A PvP server with 99% of one faction could hardly be considered a healthy PvP server. Not in anyone’s book. It’s not really a PvP server anymore.

5 Likes

You come across as thinking that everything in vanilla was some realm of sunshine and rainbows where everyone was welcome and groups filled faster than they could form.

Not to endorse servers as they are now but they also had major issues back in the day, some of the most toxic people i ever dealt with were in vanilla.

Not by the end of classic.

I believe the problem lies with allowing a horde player to transfer to a horde dominated server. Or the other way around. I believe if you wanted to transfer back in the day you were given a list of available realms not whatever one you want to go to.

1 Like

And so we come back to why Blizzard hasn’t fixed this yet. Why would they just let servers languish? They haven’t taken a single step EVER to maintain healthy servers. In fact, they more than contribute to the problem with their stupid server transfers.

So yes of course players will go to “THE” server because they know Blizzard won’t do jack about it.

This is Blizzard’s fault. The end.

3 Likes

I havnt seen a single suggestion on something blizzard could do that would work without causing other problems.

2 Likes

Yes you have.

2 Likes

I think that was only for free transfers.
Which is identical as today.

1 Like

So there was a suggestion other than locking servers?

The only one that would work with the lowest negative impact would be to merge servers.

1 Like

Locking servers would of course work. Locking factions on servers would work. Merging low pop servers would work.

Steps should have been taken the moment Classic was launched. The best thing Blizzard could do for this game is to totally redo servers with the launch of WRATH. They can take care of their low pop servers and quit acting like merging them is akin to eating a baby.

1 Like

All these things would cause other people to quite (except for merging low pop servers).

3 Likes

Why would they quit?

They couldn’t play with friends.

Can you imaging the fiasco if only part of a guild was allowed to xfer because it was enough to lock servers on the destination?

It’s not feasible.

4 Likes

Blizzard has had 17 years to tackle this raid boss, its not a new thing that just started with classic.

4 Likes

Vanilla or Classic? My experience in Vanilla was good but it would be fair to say that raid leaders and raiders were often elitist. I got groups fine and raided. I only played on my server and didn’t pay attention to others so can only speak for that.

Classic had its problems but it also had a lot of choices and that’s what I’m all about. It was great that someone would come to the forums and say what they wanted and I could give them a really solid answer for a realm that would totally fit them.

Now it’s like all the unique stores closed down and we only have a Walmart. Walmart has everything but the quality of some products isn’t as good and you’ll be surrounded by strangers almost all of the time that you’ll never get to know. Walmart is not what everyone wants.

In this case, the guy was saying that someone on Grobbulus, an RP server with some faction balance, a good community, and that is one of the servers that is likely to survive should go to Benediction. That will offer them a way worse game experience but no care or thought was put into that posters game experience. Explain that one.

2 Likes

The issue is no one needs stores anymore because you can just shop online.

That killed all other stores but walmart.
There is no fixing that without banning people from shopping at Walmart which wouldn’t actually solve anything.

The issue - you want to have your cake and eat it too.

What makes small/medium servers special - is exactly why they are dying.

Do you play on a pvp realm?

Well, I’m glad I got my good cake in Classic, which I gorged on, and am getting a taste of it by playing SoM too. There’s no good cake anywhere on the biggest TBCC servers, it’s all gross old cake from Walmart online. I’d rather just pass on the gross cake.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here. I can’t really say that the server this character is on is PVP because it really isn’t, but most servers are the same. Mostly we now just have Grobbulus where the horde are outnumbered but fight hard and win objectives a lot.

I have quite a few posts about liking PVP servers and wanting faction balance but I’m trying to speak to what we have now in my posts.

If you’re getting at PVE servers being a thing I’ll agree with you and honestly, I have less of a problem with PVE servers. The community mIght be ok and they, in general, might be an ok as another option. Some of them are smaller and seem to be lasting.

1 Like

The most recent CC post is as tone deaf as ever.

You can’t begin to solve realm population issues without first reconsidering your extreme costs to using its services.

Transfer fees are overpriced and an outdated system.

7 Likes