There are no longer any healthy servers left to play on

The mass influx of alliance to my server has caused 5/6ths of all Horde raiders to flee the server. Before long the raid recruitment pool will be completely drained, so in all likelihood my guild will reluctantly transfer as well. The problem is, right now there are ZERO US East PVP servers with a healthy population of both factions. Blizzard’s inaction regarding server balance has objectively impaired our ability to actually play the full game we have been paying for. At this rate I will be starting over on a private server before long, because they at least take the minimum steps to take care of their servers. I don’t expect a meaningful conversation in this thread but this appears to be the best chance to communicate to Blizzard that they have failed the TBC classic community.
tl;dr There are no good servers left for me to play on, and I am really upset that Blizzard has screwed over myself and so many other paying customers

25 Likes

The overall state of all the servers is in disarray. The ability to transfer has left everyone with mega servers of one faction or the other. There should have been a lock on those servers awhile ago but here we are. We are located on Bigglesworth and the population has drastically decreased so people continue to transfer off because finding arena partners or groups is all on the guild. Which for people that have put in a ton of time and effort with multiple characters make it super costly to move on. Now we are just holding on to what we have left as the server went from a high pop to low pop… Something has to be done because they will rake in the transfer money but lose a lot of subs in the process.

7 Likes

Best of luck on your new private server! Take care!

4 Likes

Feel free to come to Windseeker, but I get the feeling you’ll be following the horde dogpile to mankrik or faerlina. It is sad that they allowed narcissistic players to ruin the realm populations like this, but it is what it is. You can either enjoy what you get or unsub. We lost this war the day the awful transfer list was posted.

3 Likes

There are healthy servers to play on.

The real issue people fail to recognize is that new players aren’t jumping in and it’s not because of server issues. It’s because they aren’t interested in the game to begin with.

4 Likes

people want to be on a server where they faction dominate, it happened in the original run also, as soon as server transfers open PVP and to a lesser extint PVE servers turned into an echo chamber for one faction. I abanoned Underbog in Cata because it had gotten so bad the balance was 91-9 Horde favored. It’s what happens

7 Likes

Time zones literally mean nothing.

Transfer to Whitemane.

2 Likes

Not only does it happen over and over here it literally happens in all MMO’s.

1 Like

Yea I know, i just dont understand why everyone is still suprised by this. If Blizzard had said no i can’t xfer off underbog because the alliance was to low pop I’d have cancled my sub instead. Some folks just dont understand it.

2 Likes

Well, the OP is going unsub because he doesn’t want a low-quality, sub-par, and very boring game. Which he should unsub. So it evens out.

3 Likes

yea or server transfer like the rest of us have done at somepoint in our wow history over the last 20 years.

5 Likes

A lot of people make the incorrect assumption that most if not all players want an imbalanced game experience. I was happy playing on a 40% server, until it went down to about 20% horde, and a small population that didn’t support pug raids any longer. Then, when evaluating where to go, no one wants to go somewhere that will also die - especially when spending upwards of $100 or more.

This fear of another server death is what has driven the overwhelming mega servers, and Blizzard is to blame for allowing transfers to these servers, and allowing servers to die these deaths. Players are making small scale decisions with their own time and money under consideration. Blizzard is hiding and pretending they have no responsibility for the health and balance of their own servers.

14 Likes

TBCC is dying faster than anticipated.

6 Likes

That option only works if a person likes the transfers options, which the OP does not, so transferring will not improve his game experience. I’ve had friends pay to transfer and then quit the game because they hate the mega server they transferred to and their guild fell apart after the transfer.

3 Likes

It’s already too late to lock off servers. Mega servers are already created and there is nothing you can do about it. Just transfer off if your server is dying.

3 Likes

Ashkandi and our perfectly split population welcomes you with open arms.

Reject PvP and return to PvE.

5 Likes

Should have never allowed xfers in the first place

6 Likes

I’m just here chillin on Grobb. 60/40 quite comfy.

7 Likes

What is your definition of a “healthy” server please.

You might be interested to know that even some of the so called “dead” servers in Classic would be considered highly populated servers in original TBC.

7 Likes

All the megaservers are fine, if you like wpvp and community roll grobb.

5 Likes