There Are No ‘Beta Keys’ for WoW Classic

He hasn’t got in yet.
Don’t feed the trolls

2 Likes

I remember begging Nebu and Kat for a closed beta key back in 2003.

I even made a Tauren Meatball recipe to impress them.

Never panned out.

:frowning:

Ooooh. Good question.

8 Likes

I am not. You do not need a subscription in order to be accepted into the Beta, assuming that you are a devout RPer and put your faith in the Light.

2 Likes

Yes you need an active sub, that has been stated by blues.

2 Likes

Kinda ridiculous that sub is required since this project isn’t for tourists in the first place, and most Classic players have probably long since dropped their sub.

I guess Blizz really wants the tourist audience…

The beta license is simply added to the the Battlenet account. This usually manifests as a new licence in the drop down on the launcher (where PTR/Beta options usually are). Then later on, it comes as an email. But since emails can be faked, it’s best to check the account and/or launcher.

Note: I say “usually” because sometimes the launcher needs a restart to pick up new licenses.

To get the invite? Or to access the beta?

Can you point me to a post? I could use it if others ask.

1 Like

So…when are they going out!

I thought it was 47 minutes ago but maybe its 13 minutes from now.

Might be an hour and 13 minutes.

MIND BLOWN !

1 Like

Taken directly from the official announcement:

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their battlenet Account.

1 Like

After reading this I’m not so sure anymore.

That’s how I read it yesterday but there’s no mention of a subscription in this post at all.

Please refer to the official release date announcement on the World of Warcraft website.

“To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their battlenet Account.

2 Likes

Or Blizzard doesn’t want to deal with the elitists no subs that post on the forums because all their feedback would be nochanges nosharding nochanges nosharding nolayering, instead of feedback on the actual game itself.

7 Likes

Of course you need a sub.

Why would they let people playtest WoW Classic for free when there are subscribers currently paying to play the core retail game? You have to pay to test on the PTR too.

Yeah I know…but now it’s just

Which makes me think you only need a sub if you want to play if you get invited now

Edit 5/17: someone just liked this…but if you see this now, YOU DEFINITELY NEED A SUB FOR AN INVITE.

2 Likes

Well I mean the computer that’s selecting people can see whether or not someone has a sub and probably is programmed to skip those that don’t

I had skimmed that, and reading it again, the way it’s worded, it does indeed sound like part of the selection criteria.

Thanks!

Edit:

That definitely makes it more confusing.

It very well may be.

But as someone who isn’t currently subscribed but will should I get invited, I’m hoping otherwise

3 Likes

It does.

But I was very negative yesterday so I’m choosing to be more optimistic today.