Theramore's Bombing

Did he? When and how did he do that? If he did how did so many civilians end up in the cross fire?

1 Like

in the book? he first attack with soldiers, retreat and after time had passed, when the alliance gather more soldiers he drop the bomb

not civilians died in that way, the only civilian damage caused, as far we can tell was in 5.4 when they already decided to make him Hitler, so, they said the kor’kron captured a ship with theramore refugees, when nd where its not said.

That’s a really uncomfortable line of thought. Can’t that same reasoning be used to justify Jaina trying to drown all of Orgrimmar, with the orphanage stuff acknowledged?

6 Likes

When all is said and done… justification is the luxury of the victor, ad war crimes are only charged upon the losers.

Pretending there can be a “Victor” on this game’s narrative.

/doubt

2 Likes

It was a city. You cannot evacuate the entire civilian population in the time he gave them. Sure, some of them. But not all by any stretch.

Some, but not all. But worse, he apparently captured at least some of those that did evacuate. As he had them in Ogrimmar in cages.

1 Like

It was actually Ashenvale and it was prelude to Cataclysm just before the meeting at Theramore where Thrall and Garrosh along with Jaina and Varian were attacked by Garona and Twilight Cultists.

In Ashenvale, the Night Elves were attacked by Horde aligned races and they were actually Twilight forces. The Twilight skinned and murdered Night Elves in such horrific fashion as to warrant a response from the Alliance - Demanding justice. The Horde under Thrall disavowed the attack, but Garrosh and Ogrimmar orcs cheered and many called these mysterious attackers as heroes. Which infuriated the Alliance even more, because Thrall kept saying ,“Really! It wasn’t us.” At the same time orcs are laughing and cheering that it happened. Saying that the Night Elves deserved it for not “sharing” their sacred forests.

It actually was the first nail which led to the Meeting in Theramore. Then there was a second attack led by Garona. She attacked Varian which reminded him of when his father died before his eyes as a child to her hands. He howled at Thrall and Garrosh. The future Warchief balked at the king’s demands for culpability and justice. Thrall was infuriated by Garrosh’s attitude and egging the Alliance on to another war. When the Cataclysm hit.

The meeting of Theramore and the attack on Ashenvale by the Warsong and Twilight forces were used as justifications for the onset of the Fourth War between the Alliance and Horde.

1 Like

So there apparently is a passage in the novel that states Theramore in every alternate reality was destroyed by the Mana Bomb, even the land being destroyed in realities where Theramore was never built.

“After reaching the crater where her tower once stood, she found the Mana-Bomb shattered with the Focusing Iris left within. The explosion was amplified by it, and the sky was lit with shimmering portals to other realities so that every universe, even where Theramore was never built, the land was decimated with the impact of the bomb.”

2 Likes

I dunno. I have an epub of Tides of War. And when I do a Search for that passage, it doesn’t show.

I even jumped to the part where Jaina returns to Theramore after the bomb, and didn’t find that passage at all. So if it does exist, I’m gonna need to know where, exactly, it is.

1 Like

Oh? Curious. Now I wonder if it’s actually real. Wish I had a copy.

Is there a conspiracy of liars now actively making up false cititaions about “all realities destroyed!”? The book never said that. There was a short bit where Jaina could see into another reality as she ported out but that was it.

Full Tides of War is easy to find in PDF form with google.

5 Likes

Probably just affected the adjacent Shadows that are the most congruent to “our” Theramore.

To the contrary, we are explicitly told that the civilians had been evacuated. Keep in mind that Theramore was more military base than city, and they actually had quite. bit of warning that the attack was coming.

4 Likes

That idea always struck me as referring to every universe visible through those portals. Portals to every reality would literally mean an infinite number of portals, all in Theramore, which doesn’t seem feasible.

Such a thing really couldn’t have meant it connected to every universe in existence, because not only would infinite portals be too many portals to coexist localized in Theramore’s ruins, but it would also be too many portals for Jaina to conceivably know that was what she was actually seeing.

You are free to favor that camp. But Garrosh attacked without knowing that the civilians (including families and children) had been evacuated. If Garrosh did nothing wrong, then did Jaina do anything wrong when she threatened to attack Orgrimmar in response?

Not always, necessarily. Remember, even after the attack they blamed on Garrosh, the night elves still agreed to the meeting in Ashenvale via the Cenarion Circle.

Those are speculated to be from the ships of people Jaina evacuated early on, intercepted by the Horde somewhere around Tanaris, presumably.

Two mirrors facing one another creates infinite reflections. Not that hard to puzzle out infinity.

Except a portal only goes one place. You’re not seeing a reflection when you look at a portal; you’re just seeing its destination.

The whole “valid military target” is definitely a strawman so either perspective engaging in that topic is a waste of time.

The problem has always been the means of destruction, not the attack itself. The funny part is that this has been reflected in the dialogue but players consistently ignore it.

To this day I genuinely do not understand why people hate Jaina so much on here.

Is it just a faction thing? Seems shallow if so.

The point was, what if you saw portals, within a portal, and portals within those portals that also all have portals within them, that also have portals within them, that also have portals within them… I think you get where I’m going with this.