Theory: Sylvanas will be redeemed by saving Tyrande from the Night Warrior curse

cool theory

here’s my theory: the guy we think is the Jailer is actually the Primus, and the Runecarver is the real Jailer who has been…

…chained up.

But why? What purpose does having that be the case serve? I am genuinely curious to hear your thoughts. I think the Primus is the Runecarver.

What, like in game or out of game?

Out of game, Primus=Runecarver is so obvious it’d actually be a well executed bait and switch into a twist.

In game, idk, I’m just throwing this out there, if you want an in-lore spitball reason for the spitball theory, I’d say the Primus deciding Maldraxxus isn’t suited for it’s #Purpose (protect the Shadowlands) because of the infighting. Co-opting the literal armies of Hell whose soldiers of the Damned don’t question orders after millennia of excruciating torture solves this problem. This lead him to deciding all of #Purpose was BS anyway and we should chuck the whole thing.

But I want to stress, this is a theory I made up literally because “hey wouldn’t that be cool, Blizzard did a twist that wasn’t on the nose for once!” The mechanic of any good twist is misdirection, and to be fair this means any build-up can be used to justify an incoming twist. But it remains that this is a story mechanic point, any lore reason to support the theory is backfill to begin with. If it were true, you could insert almost anything to make it happen given we know almost nothing of Zovaal’s plan to this point.

MORE NINJA EDITS

Here’s a video detailing constructing plot twists, if you don’t want to watch it the basic point is that most twists are built from misdirecting the audience into thinking two characters are separate when they’re actually the same character. Darth Vadar or the Half Blood Prince in Harry Potter being good examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmlwZlyhf8I

Nah, she’s probably saying “just play along, this is all part of the plan… somehow.”

1 Like

Now I’m just picturing Elmer Fudd trying to hunt Buggs Bunny for some reason :smiley_cat:

and I never made any suggestion I have the moral high ground over anyone.

Considering what she seems to have done to Anduin, I’d disagree about there any being any bridges she hasn’t burned down behind her.

1 Like