Theory: Sylvanas will be redeemed by saving Tyrande from the Night Warrior curse

Right now Sylvanas is showing the seeds of redemption, but she hasn’t been able to really do anything about it so far.

Meanwhile Tyrande is dying of moon power overload, and wants to kill Sylvanas.

I believe the ultimate culmination of these two plot threads will be for Sylvanas to take on the full power of the Night Warrior to kill the Jailor, guaranteeing her own death in the process.

Tyrande gets to avenge her people and survive, Sylvanas gets to at least symbolically make amends for her crimes before dying. The Jailor gets dead.

It’s the best option all around.

2 Likes

Oh my god Sylvanas being Tyrande’s savior after being the root cause of her suffering is so vile I almost love it in a “here’s how to blow everything up again” sort of way.

But to be serious, I think spreading out the Night Warrior power is intended to be done with the night elf ghosts you airdrop into Ardenweald. They don’t really have any other point and I think they’ve already dropped hints about having some sort of higher purpose in being there.

18 Likes

the forums will be on fire, then again they are always on fire

11 Likes

on thread, there is no way anybody is talking down tyrande to give her power to sylvanas, shes currently on a rampage that will not end until sylvanas’ head is in a pike by her hand or thrall’s, any other option than that would be another letdown for those wanting at least some kind of revenge for teldrassil.

on the other hand, id say they do it, the forums will meltdown and it will be a worse radioactive disaster than chernobil.

2 Likes

And they will be equally on fire from Sylvanas’s fans if they just kill her off as a raid boss. Sylvanas still gets dead. Teldrasil still gets avenged. Only difference is she makes herself useful before dying.

And giving her the Night Warrior power would in fact guarantee her death. Tyrande would still be directly responsible for Sylvanas dying. She’d just make Sylvanas do something useful for once before she goes.

I think I just threw up a little, and I don’t think this thread is genuine.

5 Likes

It’s one of the most vile and insincere suggestions I ever seen on this forum.

I mean really dude? Let the very person who caused this whole mess to begin with, and the one who pretty much forced tyrande to take up the Night Warrior power be her savior?

Let the one who committed genocide against your people save you from yourself because she knows better is such a horrible message to send :face_vomiting:

14 Likes

I assure you it’s not.

13 Likes

I feel like there would be a lot less objection if people would quit skipping over the part where Sylvanas dies horribly from moon cancer.

Terrible ideas are terrible. Full stop.

4 Likes

Your idea is unbased and cringe.

THIS is the best outcome

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sylvanas-is-a-raid-boss/874653/19

This is a bait thread. Not a half bad one tbh.

It makes me think that people use forums like these to get their “fix” of pissed off Night Elf fans.

What would you ever do without us?

7 Likes

They’ll find another group to antagonize like always.

4 Likes

I feel like annoying Orc fans are gonna be the hot new thing. Watch this space.

They try that regularly already though.

Except for Sylvanas.

She doesn’t have to be absolved of her choice to burn Teldrassil. Who does this serve? as a long time fan of Sylvanas I can tell you she doesn’t care what other people think of her. Sacrificing herself so that others may not hate her is not a character motivation that would fit her at all.

I get the desire to have everything wrapped up in a pretty little bow and for the morality and ethics to be un-messy. But that doesn’t make for interesting story telling, nor will it solve all of WoW’s moral and ethical conundrums.

3 Likes

LOL

How about instead the Night Warrior power is split between them?

But in a twist, Tyrande and Sylvanas are fused together into two new beings, both shouldering the burden of having the most mispronounced and most misspelled names in WoW respectively: Sylvande Whisperrunner and Tyrvanus Windwind!

I am literally right here.

5 Likes

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points , and may God have mercy on your soul.

10 Likes

What in the world makes you think dying of moon cancer means she’s absolved of anything?